Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

Sudden Scares

by InuKag 2 reviews

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-09-07 - Updated: 2006-09-07 - 1268 words

0Unrated
~~ ~~

Mrs. Higurashi walked past Kagome's room quietly. She could hear nothing coming from the vicinity and took an opportunity to peek inside; what she saw made her own tears fall. Inuyasha protectively held a distraughtly sleeping Kagome within his arms. There was so much pain in his face as his fingers entwined her strands of hair, but also love.

/Oh Kagome, that man really does love you. /If only for an instant, she was reminded of her late husband. Inuyasha was so much like him, she often thought so much so that they could have easily been relatives. Before passing, she whispered silently to Kami... to her late love.

"/Please my love, help your daughter through this... don't let their love faultier." /Upon shutting the door Mrs. Higurashi walked up the two steps that led to her hallway; wiping the tears from her cheeks.
~*~


When Kagome opened her eyes, a smile crept quietly upon her worn out face. Kami, Inuyasha must you be so protective of me even here? She tried her damndest not to laugh and awake the sleeping hanyou, but it was in vain. He stirred when she wiggled her body closer to him; his embrace on her tightened.

"Hey... aren't you supposed to be resting up Kagome?" For a moment, she couldn't quite make out his initial expression... then he reached down and kissed her wrinkling forehead softly. "Morning, wench." Kagome frowned and backed away from him slightly.

"What's with the new pet name, Inuyasha? I kind of don't like it... it makes me feel... I just... don't like it is all." Her body slumped and he could smell the tears coming. Thinking fast he changed his persona.

"I... Kagome, I didn't mean it as anything bad... I'll try not to say it anymore... it's just kind of like a term of endearment...its habit... I'm sorry koushi." Kagome moved close to him once more at his explanation, but gazed up into his eyes with bewilderment.

"Habit...? What do you mean habit? It really bothers me that you call me 'wench' or 'bitch' sometimes...it's kind of insulting."

"Well, I guess it's kind of just like a natural name for a youkai to call his mate... or intended... but I guess I could see how it could come off as insulting." He looked away seemingly ashamed of his own words. Oh Kami, how many times have I called her those names... Kagome was stiff, he could sense her frustration. It was as if something had dawned on her.

"Well, wait... then how come you called me those names so much be/fore/ any of this happened? Does that mean tha-" Her thoughts were cut off by a knowingly sharp stare from the amber gold orbs of the hanyou beside her. Kagome's gaze softened as his lips came down to meet hers; tears pooled in her eyes.

"Damn wen- I mean, Kagome, you cry too much." Inuyasha declared wrapping his arms around her to pull her in closer to him. She seemed to fit perfectly to him. "I guess my heart always knew something my fucking brain didn't want to admit." It was almost a whisper, said more out of his own thoughts than for her sake. Nonetheless this caused her to tighten her grasp on him and cry in contentment upon his chest. After a few more minutes, she finally pulled herself away from his chest and sat up, beside his stretched out body, on the bed. Sniffling, and whipping her nose she focused her eyes and gazed lovingly upon him.

"Even then, Inuyasha...?" Inuyasha was shocked, and slightly confused by her sudden question; he sat up beside her and grimaced.

"What are you talking about, woman?" Kagome, taking some initiative, brought her hands to sweep the bangs out of his eyes and placed a light kiss on his cheek.

"You heard me Inuyasha. I asked you... even then? You've been calling me wench and bitch and woman... since we met... I always thought that it was just because you were rude and arrogant. You mean to tell me, that, even then you wanted to be with me? Or was it just my soul...Kikyo's soul?" He could sense the tears coming to surface again as he held her shoulders firmly and forced her stare directly into his.

"Kagome, my soul may have chosen Kikyo's soul right from the get go, but, my heart... my mind and my..." His vision darted from hers momentarily a bit embarrassed before he softly finished, bringing one of his hands to cradle her cheek in his hand "body, chose you. I love you, want and need you Kagome. Not Kikyo. So I guess that means yes. Even then..." She smiled and then as if on cue, with the worst timing, Kagome's stomach growled considerably loud causing them both to chuckle slightly. Inuyasha took his hand from her face and brought it down to rub at her stomach; softly he whispered in her ear. "Looks like my Kagome could use a little bit of breakfast..." Kagome smiled and closed her eyes, reveling in his closeness for a moment before scooting off of the bed and walking to the door.

"You think you can beat me to the kitchen Inuyasha? With that... Super demon speed of yours...?" She had a playful tone in her voice and her eyes glimmered mischievously. Inuyasha smirked; racing up behind her, grabbing her small waist in the process and started to tickle her. She fought him away, giggling, and he clutched her firmly to him; grazing her neck with his fangs. "Hey! You keep that up and you are definitely not going to beat me, Inuyasha." She was breathing hard at the excursion of trying to push him away. Inuyasha stopped tickling her and gripped her waist; pulling her body into his and ripping into her soul with his amber stare.

"You promise?" Was his only response; seductive and softly as he leaned to kiss her with fervor. As his hands ran across her abdomen she froze; squirming uncomfortably away.

"Inuyasha... don't." He looked up to see the fear that filled her eyes and his hands stopped; placing his hands to her cheeks.

"What's wrong? Are you alright Kagome?" Inuyasha's gaze lovingly scanned Kagome's saddened eyes. Her face suddenly looked paler than normal and her lashes began to flutter wildly; letting out a broken stagger of his name she started to slide to the ground... held by his arms he guided her gently so that she would not fall. "Kagome...? Kagome... say something Kagome are you okay?" He was getting scared and he started to panic as she blacked out. "Mrs. Higurashi!" He was screaming so loud it was almost a howl. Startled, Kagome's mother came rushing into the room; nearly tripping over the couple that lay on the ground in front of the doorway.

"Inuyasha..! What happened?" She knelt down beside them both and looked at her daughter in fear.


"I... I don't know she just collapsed... what do I do?" She could hear the tremble as he rocked Kagome gently in his arms; his face showed a worried and frightened gape. Thinking quick, Mrs. Higurashi leapt to her feet and ran back down the hall; grabbing the telephone and calling the ambulance. When she returned to the distraught hanyou she sat beside him.

"Don't worry Inuyasha... there is help on the way."

"Thanks mom." Was his whispered response. She froze, wondering if he realized that he had just called her mother. A small smile adorned her soul as she awaited the medical technicians to arrive.


Sign up to rate and review this story