Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Man Without Fear

Prologue - Zeppo?

by Midknight_J 0 reviews

Xander is blinded and his remaining senses are heightened to superhuman proportions. He also gains a 'radar' like sense in place of his sight. All of which he'll need when a rift forms between him ...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Xander - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-06-24 - Updated: 2005-06-24 - 530 words

0Unrated
Man Without Fear

Disclaimer:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy etc.
Daredevil is owned by Marvel Entertainment, etc.

Summary:
Xander is blinded and his remaining senses are heightened to superhuman proportions. He also gains a 'radar' like sense in place of his sight. All of which he'll need when a rift forms between him and the gang. His true adventure is just beginning.


Prologue - Zeppo?


30 seconds

The whole gang's up stairs saving the world yet again. Everyone but me that is. They never told me about the danger, wanted to keep me safe. Ironic that here I am, in the school basement, with a bomb, a zombie, and did I mention a bomb? Yah well it's about to go off and this time there's nobody to save me. Even if they could they don't know I'm here.

20 seconds

"I like the quiet." I hear myself say as I block Jacks exit.

They say that you experience a calm when faced with the certainty of death. That's how I feel fight now. Judging from Jack's eyes darting nervously between me and the bomb he doesn't feel the same way.

10 seconds

9...

8...

7...

For a moment I think he is going to try and run for it.

6 seconds

5...

4...

3...

Jacks hand darts out and pulls some wires free from the homemade bomb, effectively disarming it. I don't even sigh in relief but on the inside I'm doing the Scooby dance. Instead I look the zombie straight in the eyes and say "I don't think I want to be seeing you around campus anymore Jack."

I turn and walk away. I did it! I stopped zombies from blowing the school! Me, Xander Harris! The normal guy. The Zeppo, as Cordy called me, saved the day. I .... just turned my back on a zombie!

Unfortunately I come to that revelation too late as I feel my body being lifted off the ground by a powerful punch. I managed to get to my feet before he gets to me only because Jack stopped to pick up a large wrench. Great, this just keeps getting better!

I barely dodge the first few swings before he hits me into the wall next to some pipes. I can feel the blood running down my face from the blow, but I don't go down. He swings again and again breaking bones and cutting skin. Still I don't go down. I won't go down. I still have to help my girls.

Jacks frustrated, I can tell. He's putting everything he has into one last swing. I turn my head and the wrench just barely misses me. Instead it hits a pipe making a hole. I scream in agony and fall to the floor as steam hits my face.

Jack stands over me now. Ready to delivery the finishing blow as a I writhe in pain on the floor. He never gets the chance to though. Oz bursts through the door of the boiler room, full wolf, and heads straight for Jack.

My vision is dimming but I can make out vague shadows of the wolf tearing Jack apart. It would be the last thing I would ever see.
Sign up to rate and review this story