Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Through The Eyes Of...

Words On A Paper Bag

by MaryJaneSixx 0 reviews

Don't cry is written

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2017-06-17 - 863 words

0Unrated
Duff

Curly Sue and I waited until Izzy was long gone before leaving the safety of our solidified sanctuary. It was dead quite with the exception of helicopters and distance sirens. Hell even I was feeling remorseful for the life Izzy lived out here on these streets. Izzy just made a lousy employee because of his defiance for being told what to do. I got him this job once, he came in his third day all smacked out. So there went that job.

Some people have a stomach for this sort of thing. I guess being on smack makes it a logical choice for Izzy. Knowing Izzy, it just doesn't seem like he would have it in him. But nothing with Izzy was ever what it seemed. Izzy had sold drugs in school. We tend to stick with what we know. Being a drug dealer was like breathing to Izzy. But Izzy still had a good heart. Seeing him with those two girls tonight proved that. Yeah, he traded dope for sex, but that chick looked like she was having a pretty good time.

"You think all that stuff Axl said about Izzy hitting him was true ?" Slash softly asks staring at the concrete.

"Well Izzy didn't disagree," I say and allow myself to visualize it. Like I said, nothing with Izzy is what it seems. And lets not forget how well I know junkies. Nothing stands in the way of that craving. Im sure Axl couldn't either.

"I just never imagined Izzy like that...like all those people who he sold to tonight."

"Izzy lives this shit day in and day out," I note.

"I had no idea," my Curly Sue mumbles smoking a cigarette and shaking his head. " That guy sold his chick to Izzy for fucking two folds of smack."

"I told you people would do anything for it. That's why Izzy's a dealer. I hate to imagine if he wasn't."

"Well hopefully the band takes off and he won't have to do it anymore." Slash shrugs.

"And old habits die hard." Izzy had been a dealer since before he and Axl were even together.

"Hey, do you think that guy will sell his girl again when he runs out?"

I sigh and nod, "Probably."

We get back to the apartment and Izzy is there. Hes staring blankly at some words written on a paper bag. I've never seen him look so detached.

"Whatcha got there Izz," I gleefully ask and pretend like I'm not guilty of spying on him all night.

"It was slid under the door, it had your name and Slash's name on it with a note 'Find a beat for this'," he says and stares blankly at it.It's Axl's writing.

"Can I see?" I ask.

Izzy's eyes never move as he extends the bag out to me. "Don't cry," I read the title. I glance to Izzy and see him almost crying. So I take it upon myself to read the rest silently.

"Talk to me softly, there's something in your eyes.
Don't hang your head in sorrow, and please don't cry.
Don't hang your head in sorrow
And please don't cry.
I know how you feel inside I,ve
I've been there before.
Somethings changing inside you
And don't you know

Don't you cry tonight
I still love you baby
Don't you cry tonight
Don't you cry tonight
There's a heave above you baby
And don't you cry tonight"

And then theres a blank space long enough to write in a second verse. Then it says 'chorus', and goes straight to the third verse.

"And please remember that I never lied
And please remember
how I felt inside now honey
You gotta make it your own way
But youll be alright now sugar
You'll feel better tomorrow
Come the morning light now baby"

It was beautiful. And witnessing Axl with Izzy tonight I knew exactly what it was about.

Izzy jerks and rises to his feet. He snatches the paper bag from my hands. He walks to the counter and lays it flat on it. He grabs a pencil and begins to scroll words over it. It tales him less than a minute. He slams the pencil down. He turns and heads straight for the bathroom. I'm curious so I cross over to it to see what he wrote on it. In the blank space where the second verse was meant to go are Izzys words in pencil.

It reads, "Give me a whisper
And give me a sigh
Give me a kiss before you
Tell me goodbye
Don't you take it so hard now
And please don't take it so bad
I'll still be thinking of you
And the times we had baby."

I look to Slash and extend it out to him to read. My eyes travel to the bathroom door knowing exactly what Izzy was doing on the other side of that door.

"Wow," Slash says and hands me the bag back, "So I guess we should write some music for this huh?"

Izzy comes out of the bathroom looking quite calm. "I'll do it," he mumbles and grabs his acoustic.
Sign up to rate and review this story