Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Scarlet Record

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Twenty-fifth book in the series. Tsuzuki and Hisoka are on the hunt for fifteen high-risk souls that have escaped in Chijou. These souls seek out the dying who still want to live and extend their l...

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-08-01 - 626 words - Complete

0Unrated
Scarlet Record

Chapter One: Mad World:

-July 3rd, 2011-

9:00 a.m.

Tsuzuki and Hisoka appeared in front of a hospital in Juban. The older shinigami turned to his partner.

"Here?" he asked.

"Yes," the younger shinigami said. The men vanished into thin air.

A man walked into the same hospital with a bouquet of white lilies. Three years haven't changed. Still, the man wouldn't give up. He walked up to the front desk.

"Good morning, Urameshi-san," the nurse said.

"How have you been?"

"Tired. How is she?"

"Sleeping." Her eyes shifted from his gaze.

"What is it?" Urameshi-san asked. The nurse was quick to shake her head.

"No! Nothing! Nothing!" the nurse lied. Urameshi-san's eyes filled with panic.

"Did something happen?" he asked.

"No," she said. "It's just…"

"What?"

"Don't you think you should let her go? She's in too much pain and…"

The man shook his head. "No!" All eyes fell on him. Urameshi-san took a deep breath.

"I can't," he said. "She'll get better. I just know it."

"But what if the cure fails?" the nurse asked. The man clutched his flowers.

"Good day," he said. He bowed and walked down the hall.

Urameshi-san made it to Room 518. He knocked on the door before poking his head inside.

"Kozue?" he whispered. "You awake yet?" The man listened to the machines pumping in the room. A woman lay in bed, hooked up to many tubes. Her skin looked as pale as her robe. The man broke into a little smile as he walked into the room.

"Good morning," he whispered. "How have you been?" The man walked over to the glass vase next to her bed and pulled out the dead flowers. The patient's thin body seemed to float off the bed. There was no life in her big brown eyes. Once the man put in fresh flowers in the vase, he kissed the woman on the forehead.

"Work's been boring," he said. "I'm learning how to cook. I still burn the rice. Your sister has been helpful. She's getting married next month." His voice sounded like it was underwater. He kissed her on the cheek.

"We're getting closer to a cure," Urameshi-san whispered. "You'll be back home, dear." Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" the man asked.

"Urameshi-san?" a man's voice asked. The other man turned around. A doctor poked his head into the room.

"Is this a bad time?" he asked.

"Um, no," Urameshi-san said. "What is it?"

"I need to talk to you for a moment," the doctor said. The other man's stomach dropped at his tone.

"Sure," Urameshi-san said. He followed the doctor into the hall. Meanwhile, the woman in the bed heard everything. She could hear another voice in her head.

What do you desire?

The patient's hand inched towards the tubes connected to her chest. The heart monitor beeped faster as she took a much needed breath. Sadly, Urameshi-san, the doctor, and two nurses rushed into the room.

"What happened?!" one of the nurses asked.

"This was what I was talking about," the doctor said. Urameshi-san looked around panicked.

"Why does she keep doing things like this?" he asked. The doctor and nurses tried not to make eye contact as they worked to save the dying woman. She looked at Urameshi-san with sad, desperate eyes.

Why? Please let me go. I can't take this anymore.

The woman froze as her attention turned to the other side of the room. Tsuzuki and Hisoka stood, watching.

"Is this her?" Tsuzuki asked. Hisoka nodded once.

"Yes," he said. The woman eyed the shinigami in ghost form.

Are you here to take me away at last?

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. The woman closed her eyes. Please end my suffering. Kill me.
Sign up to rate and review this story