Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Darkness Reigns

by story_master 3 reviews

The heroes face their toughest foe yet.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-10 - Updated: 2006-09-11 - 1452 words

2Exciting
Story_master: Here's the next chapter. Hope you like it... whispers please help me. they've taken me hostage and won't let me go.
Mystery creature: Hey! Who are you talking to?
Story_master: No one.
Mystery creature: Good. Because as long as we're running things the ferrets shall rule! Muhahahahaha. Now on with the story.


The six teens stared out the window as they saw Theresa walk towards Cronus and the creature. Jay couldn't believe his eyes. He raced out the door and towards Theresa but was stopped by Cronus.

" Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh. I don't think so Jay. You're not going to interfere this time." he said as he slashed Jay with his scythes.

Jay fell to the ground in pain. By now the others were outside and they rushed to help him up. Cronus blocked their path to Theresa. All they could do was watch as she neared the evil being.

Theresa was surrounded by a black bubble and floated up to eye level with the creature.

" I am Umbra Dominus. Who dares approach me?" the creatures sickening voice boomed.

" I am Theresa. I bring a messege from the Lord of Passing." she replied, her voice was monotone and showed no emotion.

The creatures voice grew quiet so that only Theresa could hear him. The two talked for quite some time. All the others could do was watch. Suddenly Umbra Dominus wrapped its hand around Theresa's small frame and she let out a horrendous cry of pain. Then the creature opened his hand and Theresa's now limp body fell to the ground. Cronus let out a long laugh. He then approached the creature and the others took this chance to rush over to Theresa.

" Theresa! Theresa!" They all crowded around.

Her eyes were closed and her breathing was shallow. Then something happened that struck fear into every last one of them.

" Now. Destroy those annoying teens." Cronus ordered the creature.

The creature let out a laugh and then raised it's hand. The six teens stared up in horror. But the worst was yet to come. They expected the hand to hit them, ending their lives but instead it hit Cronus. He went flying and landed on the ground. He didn't move. The Umbra Dominu turned it's attention to the teens.

" How... can... we... beat... THAT?" Odie asked slowly.

" It just took out Cronus. There is no way we can fight it." Neil added.

" We have to try." Archie said, drawing his Hephaestus whip.

" I'm with you Archie." Jay said drawing his xiphos.

The others gave cheers and shouts in agreeance. They charged towards the creature and started to attack it. Umbra Dominus just laughed at their attempt. Then he reached a hand down and picked up Atlanta.

" Hey! Let me go!" she cried in protest.

It swung her body and tossed her aside. She hit the ground and Archie raced to her side. She muttered something and then fell unconsious. Archie sighed in relief that she wasn't dead. Then he turned back to fight the creature. He saw it pick up his friends one by one and toss them aside. Then the hand reached down to pick him up but he dodged it and wrapped his whip around the creatures wrist. Archie pulled the whip through the wrist and watched the hand fall to the ground.

" Let's see you fight with only one hand." he shouted up to the Umbra Dominus.

It merely laughed and then the hand disappeared. It reappeared on the end of his arm adn he laughed.

" Foolish mortal. You cannot harm me. I am invincible and impervious to your primative weapons and efforts." he boomed before picking Archie up and slamming him back down on the ground. The last thing he heard was the creature's laugh.

Theresa woke up and looked around. It looked just like her vision. She stared at the ruins of New Olympia. Then she saw her friends laying on the ground. She raced towards them. They were all still alive but unconsious. Then she spotted Cronus. He was injured and yelling at something.

Suddenly the ground gave way and they all fell. Theresa watched as the world above became nothing but a dim light in the distance. Then everything was black. Theresa hit something hard and lay motionless on the ground, waiting for the pain to stop.

" So good of you to come back Theresa." a familiar but strange voice said.

The voice seemed to come from everywhere. Then she stood up, forgetting her pain, and walked around. ' This place is like a maze.' she thought as she wandered around in the dim light. She saw a window and looked through it. It was New Olympia, well teh ruins of it anyway. She stumbled back and tripped. She knew where she was. Everything came flooding back to her. What she had done. What had happened. Her visions. She got up and ran. ' I need to find him. He'll be able to stop this. I know he can. When I find him I'll.. I'll...' she thought as she raced through the maze of a realm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay woke up and groaned with pain. He felt as if he had been hit by a bus. He struggled to stand up and when he did he waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness. To his left he heard a groan. He slowly approached the source of the noise and found it was Archie.

" Archie!" Jay said as he helped his friend up.

" What happened?" Archie groaned as he fought to prevent his legs from buckling.

" I'm not sure." Jay replied.

Jay and Archie walked around trying to figure out where they were. They were silent for the longest time then Jay broke it.

" This place looks so familiar." he said as he looked at the marks on the wall.

" I know what you mean. I feel like I've been here before." Archie replied.

The two continued to walk until they turned a corner and bumped right into someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theresa stopped for a short break. Then she saw him. She raced towards him and skidded to a stop.

" You!" she said, gritting her teeth.

" Very nice to see you two Theresa." the figure said as he started to walk away.

" What did you do?" Theresa asked, her voice full of anger and mistrust.

" I didn't do anything. It was all you. And I thank you for that." he replied, smiling at her.

Theresa grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed him againt the wall.

" Fix it." she said sternly. Her tone was one that would even intimidate Cronus.

" I can't." he replied as he pushed her away from him.

" If you don't fix this I'll..." she was cut off.

" You'll what? You can't do anything to me. I'm already dead remember. Besides It's not my fault that the world is going to be sent into the dark ages. It's yours." he said with an air of ignorance.

Then he walked away and the shadows comsumed him. Theresa was overcome by fury she pounded her fist into the wall before walking away. ' He does know how to fix this. I know he does.' she thought angrily as she turned a corner and bumped into Atlanta.

" Atlanta!" she cried with excitment as she got up.

" Theresa!" her friend returned the enthusiasm.

The two friends walked around and rounded another corner. They crashed right into Archie and Jay. Theresa hugged Jay but something was wrong. He didn't hug her back or even look at her. It seemed as if he looked right through her. She waved a hand in front of his face.

" Jay?" she asked with worry leaking into her voice.

" Huh? Sorry, I was.... uh Thinking." he replied giving her a smile.

They four walked together and Theresa kept an eye on Jay. She didn't know what it was but something was wrong. He didn't seem like himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Do you think they'll fall for it father?" the figure who had run into Theresa asked.

" If they suspect anything it will be too late. A new era shall begin! The Chaotic Era." Umbra Dominus replied as they watched the heroes from above.
~*~

Who is this mysterious person? Where are the heroes? What's wrong with Jay? Will it be too late by the Theresa figures it out? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked it. Ha a new person... or is it? I'll never tell, well at least not until the next chapter. The next update may not be until next weekend but that'll all depend on how much homework I have. Well please R+R. Constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story