Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Lazarus Star

by Noizchild 0 reviews

As planned, Anna goes on the date with David to help Tsuzuki and Hisoka capture him and return him to Christine's book.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-09-20 - 1134 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Sixteen: Lazarus Star:

-6:00 p.m.-

-Ginza, Tokyo-

Anna waited at the plaza. Her husband walked her through the plot earlier. At first, it threw her off.

"What?" Anna asked.

"Please?" Tsuzuki pleaded. "We need to capture him. You do have to even kiss him. Flirt with him, get to know why he's still in Chijou. Please? Do it for us."

"You want me to go out and a date with Grey-san?" she asked.

"Yes," Tsuzuki mumbled. "He's attracted to you. I'll make it up to you somehow." Anna sighed.

"And there is no other way?" she asked.

"No," he said. "I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"Fine," his wife said, pushing back her bangs.

"Thank you," Tsuzuki said. "You're the best. I love you!"

-Now-

Anna looked at her phone. He should be here by now.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting," a man's voice said. Anna looked up. David towered over her.

"Oh," Anna said. "Um… It's okay. You're here now."

"Oh, thank goodness," David said. He bowed with grace. His date gave him a strange look.

"Shall we go?" Davie asked.

"Okay…" Anna said. He held out his arm. She slowly took it. The pair began walking down the street

They mostly walked around Ginza. David's smile made him less creepy.

"I lived in New York City in the sixties," he said.

"Did you?" Anna asked. "What was it like?"

"Chaotic. People loved to party. I did some myself."

Anna tilted her head. "Did you? I never took you as the partying type."

David gave off a wheezing laugh. "I was much wilder in my youth." Not many people were out tonight. It like a romantic night for a J-Drama or Shoujo manga. Only thing missing was the jazz music.

"Tsuzuki-san?" David asked.

"Hm?" Anna said.

"Never mind."

"What is it?"

The old man shook his head. "It's nothing."

"No, tell me."

"No, you'd think it was silly."

"I won't. Come on, tell me. Please?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"How can I do that if I haven't heard it yet?"

David nodded and pressed his lips together. "Fair enough."

"Tell me, please?"

He sighed. "If you insist…" David dropped his shoulders.

"You and my wife remind me of the goddess Hecate," he said.

"Oh?" Anna asked.

"She was the goddess of magic. I met my wife back in London. She studied arts and philosophy."

"What was she like? Your wife, I mean."

"Soft-spoken but watch everything around her. My wife loved books and classical music. We used to take walks around the city like this." David turned to Anna.

"Tsuzuki-san," he said. "There's one more place I would like to stop by before we head home."

"Where is that?" his date asked.

"There was a small flower shop I used to visit," he said. "The clerk was so nice."

"Sure," Anna said.

"Thank you," David said. The pair rounded the corner. They stopped at the flower shop near a sushi bar.

"What's your favorite flower?" David asked.

"Gardenias," Anna said.

"Wait here," he said. The old man walked into the shop. He came back out with a bouquet of gardenias.

"These are for you," David said as he handed them over.

"Oh, thank you!" Anna said as she took the flowers. "They're really beautiful."

"Are you ready to go?" he asked. His date glanced upwards.

"Where are we going now?" she asked. David gave her a charming smile.

"My place," he said.

David lived in a nice house. Anna whistled at its size, but something appeared off.

"Why is it dark?" she asked.

"I live alone," David said. He walked up to the iron gates and unlocked them. Anna walked through first. Her date escorted her up to the front door.

"I apologize for it being so later," he said.

"It's okay," Anna said. Her date unlocked the front door.

"After you," he said.

"Thank you," she said, bowing. David eyed her as she walked by. His heart jumped in his chest. The old man shook his head and went inside.

Anna took off her shoes and walked into the living room. Through the darkness, she could see a typical room furnished like the 1980s. A silk Persian rug covered the floor. A fireplace sat dusty on the other side of the room. The furniture made of wood looked brand new. Anna could see pictures of David with his family on the walls.

"Shall I turn on some music?" David asked behind her. Anna froze.

"Yes," she said. 1920's jazz filled the room. The woman turned to see her date standing inches away.

"Shall we dance?" he asked.

"Alright," she said, her voice trembling. David took her into his arms and they began to waltz. He didn't seem so creepy after all. Just lonely. How long had he been like this? It reminded her of Tsuzuki in a way.

Anna paused and turned her head.

"Hm?" she asked. David looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Stay with me," he whispered.

"What?" Anna asked.

"Please," the old man pleaded. "I love you, Suki. Stay with me forever!" He leaned in to try and kiss her. His date screamed and slapped him.

"Let me go! Get off me!" she cried. Anna pushed him off and ran down the hall. She locked herself in a closet and broke down, trembling.

Moments later, there was a knock on the door.

"What?!" Anna cried.

"Please forgive me, Tsuzuki-san," David said. "I didn't mean to frighten you. It's been so long and you reminded me of my wife again. I just… I'm sorry." She opened the door. Her date looked ready to cry.

"Please forgive me," David whispered.

"No," Anna said, shaking her head. "I'm sorry I freaked out on you."

"Can we stop tonight?" he asked. "I'm feeling a bit tired." He stumbled as he backed up. Anna caught him by the wrist.

"I'll help you to bed," she said.

"Thank you, Tsuzuki-san," David said. "My room is upstairs and the last door on the room."

"Alright," Anna said. They began their walk up the stairs. Anna took off David's coat and scarf and eased him into bed. She pulled the sheets over his shoulders.

"Do you need anything else?" she asked. David shook his head as he closed his eyes. He mumbled something almost inaudible.

"Hm?" Anna asked. She leaned her ear to his lips.

"In another life, I would be younger and make a pass at you," David murmured. "You made me so happy… tonight… Tsuzuki… -san…" He slowly drew his last breath. Anna pulled away with tears in her eyes.

"And I would've accepted," she murmured. The woman kissed him on the forehead and left in tears. The house was left in ruins.

Seven souls left.
Sign up to rate and review this story