Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Spooky Little Girl

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki runs into the next high-risk soul, but her questions throw him for a loop.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-09-21 - 399 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seventeen: Spooky Little Girl:

-July 15th, 2011-

-Mikiko-

I've always wanted to be free. I lived a hard life. The streets were my home. There was no father. Mom died when I was little. I survived on my own.

Lucky for me, I was quick to learn.

I could read, pick-pocket, hot-wire cars, and charm myself out of trouble. I didn't want to be top dog. I did it to survive.

I was alone, but I didn't mind. I had always been that way. There were people in my life, but I kept my distance. They would leave anyway. And they did.

I was invisible. I didn't mind. I could just be free. The sky didn't change. People and the city changed. Did I change? I don't know. But I'm still here.

-Outside-

Tsuzuki wandered down a darkened alley in Osaka. She should be here. Time was running out. He and Hisoka had to work faster. Tsuzuki's shift left and right.

Come on/, he thought. /Come out, come out. I know you're here. Come out so we can talk.

"Why?" a girl asked. The shinigami turned around. A girl sat on a closed dumpster. Her long black hair covered her shoulders. She didn't mind the rain pouring down. Tsuzuki tried not to look at her lip ring. He quickly shook his head.

"Are you dead?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Yes," the girl said. "But, you knew that already, didn't you?"

The shinigami nodded. "Yeah! Of course I did!"

The dead girl tilted her head. "Are you okay?"

"Yes! And you have to come with me now!"

His target blinked. "Why?"

"Because you're killing people. This ends now. Come with me."

The dead girl smiled. "And if I say no?"

"More people will die! This must stop. Please, come with me or my colleague will lose her job."

His target stood up. Their eyes locked. Tsuzuki clutched his fuda under his coat. He expected a fight. Instead, the girl smirked.

"Answer me this," she said. "Why do you do this? Tsuzuki stumbled backwards.

"What?" he asked.

"Why do you do this?" she asked.

"Because I have to."

"But why? Do you enjoy it?"

"No!"

"So… Why do this at all?" Her tone wasn't a joke either. Tsuzuki froze. He struggled for an answer, but nothing came to him. Was this a trap? Why did she do this?

The target stood, waiting.
Sign up to rate and review this story