Categories > Original > Erotica

Tutoring with Online Technology - Skype and Scribblar - Long-distance Schools without Walls

by Lukeessays5 0 reviews

Hello and welcome. Tutoring with Online Technology -

Category: Erotica - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2017-10-14 - 538 words

0Unrated

Tutoring with Online Technology - Skype and Scribblar - Long-distance Schools without Walls
Tutoring with Online Technology - Skype and Scribblar - Long-distance Schools without Walls
Times are definitely changing in the world of education. Today, as with all things twenty-first century, there are no limits to a student's education. This is absolutely exciting since so many 'schools without walls' have adopted various technologies during the past few years to enable students excel academically. As an advanced tutor, it makes me dance in my shoes. Universities such as Harvard, Princeton, and MIT have posted several free virtual lectures for the average student on education applications via android devices, iPads, iPhones, and iPods.


Today, I want to introduce some fantastic techniques to approach tutoring that will benefit the student who cannot meet physically with a tutor, or maybe a student who is in a town on one end of the United States while their tutor is at the opposite end of the map. Yes, tutoring can now be employed with the use of fantastic applications such as Skype and Scribblar.


Skype: This is a tool by which a tutor can see his/her student via a downloaded software on either a pc, tablet, or smart phone. What both parties need to do is visit skype.com where they can download this tool and register. As far as both parties have a webcam device, the tutoring session would be as good as a physical one. This tool can also be utilized for unpaid first time meetings and/or parent/guardian-tutor interviews.


Scribblar: I've personally found Scribblar to be an exciting tutoring tool. Many high schools, colleges, and universities already use this tool for their long-distance education programs. The educators need to be registered, but the students don't need to be as they can sign in as 'Guests.' This tool enables teachers to write, draw, or attach documents, and what makes it great is that it is LIVE, i.e. the student sees everything in real time just as the teacher is writing, drawing, or sending documents. It is a White Board application and it's the same as writing on a chalk board in a physical classroom. Scribblar has amazing features such as audio, video, and chat. Teachers and students can also take snap-shots of ongoing lectures to save for future reference.


Where To Find These Tools:


Thanks Jennifer I was thinking the same thing. In fact I have used skype for a student once but I'm not sure how to use this to reach tutoring opportunities in outside states since it seems we're restricted to our respective regions.It would surely be more competitive having to compete with tutors from outside your home base state but there are some states with so many students but so few tutors.


A: Yes, but only after the client has entered valid payment information. You can verify that a student has payment information on file by reading the payment status notification when sending emails to the student.


10 years Experienced Chemistry, Biology, Science, & Math Tutor


Nashua Chemistry Tutors
Jennifer's Blog by Topic

Science 2
Biology 2
Chemistry 2
Organic Chemistry 2
Math 1
Algebra 1 1
Elementary (K-6th) 1
Geometry 1
Prealgebra 1
Trigonometry 1
Biochemistry 1
Genetics 1


Answers by Jennifer
Blog Posts by Jennifer

Sign up to rate and review this story