Categories > Original > Drama

Alcohol Dependence Is A Devastating Health Problem

by AndersonMcGrath1 0 reviews

Hi there and welcome. While alcoholism is a dreadful condition

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-11-04 - 629 words

0Unrated
While alcoholism is a dreadful condition that can ruin lives, some people who battle with it manage to hold down stressful professional lives and big responsibilities. From the outside, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics seem to have everything together. They can drive nice vehicles, live in fantastic areas, and make a significant income.

Simply because they are high-functioning does not imply that they are immune to the results of alcohol. They're still in danger of harming themselves and those near them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with shaky hands, or a banker managing huge sums of funds are each at-risk of causing terrible disasters if they remain on their unhealthy course.

Here are some signs that could help in detecting these powder kegs:

1. They consume alcohol rather than eating.

Alcoholics will often replace meals with a couple of drinks, lose interest in meals altogether, or substitute mealtime as a pretext to begin drinking alcohol.
2. They can certainly awaken with no hangover, even after several cocktails.

Drinking alcohol regularly over a long period of time can trigger the body to come to be dependent on alcohol. Typically high-functioning alcoholics can drink a lot without the same hangover that torments the occasional drinker.

3. No alcohol makes them irritable, anxious, or uncomfortable.

If an alcoholic is compelled to avoid drinking, his or her body commonly responds adversely, as they are dependent on the sedative effects of alcohol. Suddenly stopping can trigger stress and anxiety, anxiety, sweating, a rapid heartbeat, and even seizures.

4. Their actions patterns transform significantly while under the influence of booze.

When they drink, alcoholics may transform considerably. A normally mild-mannered individual might end up being aggressive, or make spontaneous choices.
5. They can't have only 2 alcoholic beverages.

An alcoholic has a difficult time quiting, and might even "polish off" others' alcoholic beverages. Booze will never be left on the table, and there is always a disguise for "one more round.".

6. Periods of memory loss or "blacking out" are commonplace
Quite a few alcoholics will participate in events that they have no recollection of the next day. They may not appear very inebriated at the time, but they're not able to recall incidents that took place.

7. Efforts to discuss drinking habits are received with hostility and denial.

When challenged with problems involving their alcohol consumption, hard drinkers will usually regress to denial or aggression, making discussion difficult.

8. They consistently have a good explanation for the reason they drink.

If flat denial or anger is not the chosen means of avoidance, the majority of alcoholics will have an outwardly sensible reason for their actions. Stress at work, issues at home, or an abundance of social activities are prevalent reasons to account for their harmful conduct.

9. They conceal their alcohol.

Numerous alcoholics will drink alone, or sneak alcoholic beverages from a bottle in a desk or in their automobile. This type of concealed drinking is a remarkable red flag and there is no other reason for this behavior besides alcohol dependence.


Let's keep our society productive, safe, and sober by by being observant for troublesome behavior in order to get these struggling colleagues, loved ones, and close friends the helping hand they require.

While alcohol addiction is a terrible illness that can damage lives, some individuals who struggle with it manage to hold down stressful jobs and substantial duties. From the outside, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics appear to have it all together. They could drive good automobiles, live in fantastic areas, and make a considerable earnings.

Just since they're high-functioning doesn't mean that they're immune to the consequences of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with trembling hands, or a financier managing huge amounts of cash are each at-risk of triggering horrible disasters if they remain on their unhealthy path.
Sign up to rate and review this story