Categories > Games > Advance Wars

Alcohol Dependence Is A Destructive Disorder

by BurnhamJacobs47 0 reviews

Hi and welcome. While alcohol addiction is a destructive

Category: Advance Wars - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2017-11-21 - 645 words

0Unrated
While alcohol addiction is a destructive health problem that could damage lives, a few people who battle with it manage to hold down huge responsibilities and stressful jobs. From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They can drive nice vehicles, reside in great neighborhoods, and make a significant income.

However, simply because they're high-functioning does not mean that they're immune to the results of alcohol. They are still at risk of injuring themselves and those around them. For instance, a pilot nursing a hangover, a doctor operating with shaky hands, or a financier managing large sums of funds are each in danger of triggering terrible disasters if they continue on their dysfunctional course.

Here are some signs that can assist in detecting these ticking time bombs:

1. They consume alcohol rather than eating.


Alcoholics will commonly change meals with a few alcoholic beverages, lose their appetite for food completely, or employ mealtime as a disguise to start consuming alcohol.
2. They can certainly awake free from a hangover, even after several cocktails.

Consuming alcohol regularly over a long period of time can easily trigger the body to come to be reliant or dependent on alcohol. Often high-functioning alcoholics can drink excessively without the punishing hangover that tortures the periodic drinker.

3. No alcohol makes them grouchy, anxious, or otherwise uncomfortable.

If an alcoholic is compelled to avoid alcohol consumption, his/her body typically responds negatively, as they depend on the sedative results of alcohol. Suddenly stopping can cause stress and anxiety, anxiousness, perspiring, an elevated heartbeat, as well as seizures.

4. Their behavior patterns transform substantially while under the influence of booze.

Alcoholics may change substantially when they consume alcohol. An usually pleasant person may end up being aggressive, or make spontaneous choices.
5. They can't have just two drinks.

An alcoholic has a difficult time quiting, and may even finish others' alcoholic beverages. Booze will never ever be left on the table, and there is always an excuse for "another round.".

6. Time periods of memory loss or "blacking out" are common
Quite a few alcoholics will participate in adventures that they cannot recall the following day. They may not appear very intoxicated at the time, but they're not able to remember things that took place.

7. Efforts to talk about drinking habits are met with and denial.

When confronted with issues involving their alcohol consumption, heavy users will normally regress to denial or hostility, making conversation problematic.

8. They consistently have a very good explanation for the reason they consume alcohol.

The majority of alcoholics will have an outwardly logical explanation for their behavior if flat rejection or is not the chosen method of evasion. Tension at the office, problems at home, or an abundance of social obligations are typical reasons to account for their damaging conduct.

9. They hide their alcohol.

Lots of alcoholics will drink alone, or slip alcoholic beverages from a bottle in a desk or in their automobile. This kind of concealed alcohol consumption is an incredible warning sign and there is no other reason for this behavior besides alcoholism.

Let's keep our society productive, safe, and sober by keeping our eyes open for bothersome actions in order to get these troubled coworkers, family members, and friends the support they need.

While alcohol dependence is a terrible disorder that can ruin lives, some individuals who struggle with it are able to hold down substantial duties and stressful jobs. From the outdoors, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They could drive good automobiles, live in great areas, and make a significant income.

Just because they're high-functioning does not indicate that they're immune to the consequences of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with tremulous hands, or a banker handling huge amounts of money are each at-risk of triggering awful catastrophes if they remain on their unhealthy path.
Sign up to rate and review this story