Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Disapproval

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kyosuke worries about his family and wonders if he should tell April everything.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2017-12-28 - 533 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Five: Disapproval:

-Kyosuke-

What has happened to my family? When were they ever like this?

I shivered.

"Something wrong?" April asked. I looked up.

"Hm?" I asked. "Oh."

"You look like you're about to throw up," she said. I rubbed my arm.

"Oh," I said again. Should I tell her? It felt like too much drama. I lowered my hand and sighed.

"Family drama," I said at last.

"That bad?" she asked.

"Yep," I said.

This week alone made me want to cry.

I leaned back in my chair. "My family…" I shook my head. "Where do I begin?" April looked so sympathetic towards me.

"I'm so sorry," I said.

"It's fine," she said. "Take your time if you need to." I breathed out.

"Thanks," I said. I turned my head.

We used to be close.

Sosuke vanished and I died. Now, Mitsuko keeps everyone together. She's trying hard, but…

She's a lonely woman. I don't think she socialized well growing up. Her right leg was the source. Michiko struggled to walk. She can't run or do physical activity standing up. Michiko made the best of her situation. But I didn't remember a romantic partner in her life.

Suddenly, that's changed. Michiko spent her nights on her computer. She's chatting online with someone. Name's Charming Knight. But something's not right. Why is she lying? What is she so afraid of? I do not like this.

She's not the only on to lie.

Mamoru, what are you doing? You have bright future ahead of you. Popular, decent grades, tennis star, and a cute girlfriend. Why are you stealing money from the family's savings? Why are you giving it to Asuka-chan? Is she okay? What's going on with her? Who is that man with her? I hope she's okay.

And you, Kimi.

What are you doing? Why are you with him? You are better than this! Why are you doing this? What has happened to you?

I stared at the ceiling. "What's going on with them?" I glanced over at April. I couldn't tell what she was thinking. Unloading on her would make it worse.

"I'm sorry," I said again. "I'm just unloading on you."

"It's okay," she said. Her accent always put me at ease. I almost smiled. Her next question snapped me into reality.

"Are you going to help them?" April asked. I stared blankly at her.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Your family," she said. "Are you going to help fix them?" I put up my hands up in a shrug.

"I don't really know how," I said. But strangely, I couldn't leave the idea alone. My family had been the one thing I valued most in life. I couldn't let them fall apart like this. Where do I even start? I rubbed my hair wildly.

"You okay?" April asked again.

"No," I admitted. "You know what, I'm just going to go." I stood up and walked out of the lobby.

"Kyosuke?" April asked. I had to get out before had a headache in front of the woman I liked.

I had no idea that I would get help with fixing my family—from someone I hadn't heard from in a while either.
Sign up to rate and review this story