Categories > Original > Erotica

Sciatica Causes, Treatment, Symptoms & Exercises

by winecheek73 0 reviews

I use this blog for finding out When you have intense pain running

Category: Erotica - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2018-01-15 - 498 words

0Unrated
When you have intense pain running from your lower back down your legs due to sciatica, you’re looking for a source of pain relief that will curb your symptoms.  Relief from sciatica pain comes in many different forms, such as pain killers, exercise, an anti-inflammatory and other non-surgical treatments, plus surgical treatments.

Not all sciatica cases require a radical form of treatment such as surgery.  Most cases of sciatica are treated with pain killers.  In very mild cases, ibuprofen, aspirin, or another over-the-counter medication will reduce the sufferer’s pain.  Many sciatica sufferers are also prescribed non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce symptoms and pain with the sciatica and the lower back in general.






If the pain does not subside, stronger pain killers such as codein may be prescribed, but medications such as this come with the risk of addiction, and therefore should not be taken lightly.  Muscle relaxers should also not be taken lightly.  Although they will help alleviate symptoms associated with sciatica, they can also make the user drowsy, putting them at risk when driving.

Exercise is the best way to reduce sciatica symptoms for the long term.  With a proper exercise routine, you can train your muscles to become relaxed and strong, and therefore reduce the amount that these muscles are compressing on the sciatica nerve that runs through them.

When other options have failed, a health care provider might opt to perform spinal surgery.  When herniated discs are the cause of sciatica pain, your doctor might recommend doing a microdisectomy.  It’s a procedure to physically remove what is compressing the sciatic nerve.

Sometimes sciatica pain and symptoms results from a condition known as spinal stenosis.  This condition causes nerve compression and can be alleviated with a surgical procedure called a lumbar laminectomy.  A lumbar laminectomy involves giving more space to the nerve bundles within the spinal column by removing bones from the vertebra.

One of the oldest surgical procedures to reduce back pain is called a diskectomy.  This procedure involves removing the disc that is causing the problem, or that is diseased, from the spine.  Once the disc has been removed, the pressure on the nerve is relieved and sciatica pain and symptoms are reduced.

One of the last options for patients with sciatica and back pain is to undergo a spinal fusion.  When a spinal fusion is done, the doctor joins two or more vertebrae together in order to relieve irritation and compression.  However, this procedure is only done when the spine has undergone years of physical injury, or when osteoporosis has set in.  The reason this option is left as a last resort is because once done, the patient is left with very little movement within the spine.

Although the advances in medicine have been great for sciatica sufferers, pain relief is different for everyone.  What might work for one person may not work for someone else. Therefore, you should always seek medical advice when it comes to relieving sciatica pain.
Sign up to rate and review this story