Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Only Hope For Me Is You

Introduction to Saige Baker

by amymustdie 0 reviews

Saige Baker is settling into her life with Frank but it is not always an easy road.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2018-01-17 - Updated: 2018-01-17 - 2977 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

Saige’s POV

I grew up in Southern California with my two older brothers. My older brother Zack is in the band Avenged Sevenfold, where he plays rhythm guitar. I felt so lucky to watch my brother and his band become successful. I had the chance go to some awesome shows and meet some great musicians over the years by hanging out with my brother and his band. But throughout the years I struggled with dating and my past relationships went to shit all the time.

A few years back I was hanging out in LA with Zack and he brought me to a My Chemical Romance show. When we got invited backstage I was reunited with Frank Iero, and it was a life-changing moment for me. We had met each other years before but I didn’t get to hang out with him for a long period of time. But this time we got along so well and truly hit it off, but he was still married during that time. We hung out and Frank mentioned that he was having troubles with his wife and things just weren’t working out that well anymore. I knew how he felt but I didn't want to interfere.

I did not want to be the reason his marriage would not work out but he assured me that things were going downhill for a while. During that time, I could not deny the feelings I had for him that developed over a few months as we kept in touch. When we made the decision to start dating it was at the time that his divorce was finalized and I promised to always be there for Frank.

It was an adjustment for me when they started dating because he already had two kids but I caught on quickly and treated the twin girls as if they were my own. I knew how important they were to Frank and that they would come first. My Chemical Romance was still together when we started our relationship so I learned to adjust to being separated from Frank. But I managed surprisingly well and she was proud of myself. I did have some low points but I got through them and my family was supportive and happy of my relationship, especially my brothers. Having a great family was something I could never take for granted.

I divided my time between both the west and east coast which was an adjustment but I knew it what had to be done for my relationship. Frank has a house in New Jersey and we share a smaller house in California, which is ours now. Zack bought me the house once Avenged got successful and I would be forever grateful to him. I was involved in music but on a much smaller scale than my brother or Frank. I do it on the side as more of a hobby than as a career. I went to school for hair and makeup, and I had the chance to work on a couple of Avenged Sevenfold videos, as well as other bands throughout the years.


I am staying in California since Frank was not back from his tour with his new band Frank Iero and the Patience. He was coming back to the states in a couple days and I could not wait to spend time with him. He was going to fly into LA and then we are going to Jersey together so Frank can spend time with his girls. We are planning to spend some time in Jersey and I was willing to go wherever as long as I could spend time with Frank.

I felt like I have so much to do before Frank would arrive back in the states. I wanted to make sure the house looked organized and I always tried to keep up with the cleaning. I did all my laundry and dishes and I was starting to feel tired. I poured myself a glass of my favorite rosé wine. I walked on to the back deck that had a perfect view of the beach which I always enjoyed and could never get bored of.

I felt so lucky to have grown up in Southern California and I also felt grateful to have Frank and that he came into my life when I needed someone the most. I missed him a lot when he was on tour but I knew it would not be forever. I was glad he decided to take some much-needed time off once he was back from tour.

I got comfortable on the cushion lounge couch and took a sip of my wine. I placed it on the table beside me and opened my MacBook to check emails and my social media accounts. I tried to keep my life private but it was always a challenge with the fans of my brother’s band and my relationship with Frank. We tried to keep it out of the public but that is so hard to do these days. I closed my computer and put it off to the aside as I relaxed in the afternoon California weather.

As I relaxed on the couch I heard my phone ringing. I quickly reached over to the table and grabbed it. I smiled when she Frank’s name flash across the screen for a facetime call.

I smiled when I saw my boyfriend’s face and it had been over a week since they had time to do a phone call. “Hey, you.” I blew a kiss to Frank and let out a giggle.

Frank smiled and let out a giggle as he pretended to catch my kiss. His laugh always gave me butterflies even after being together for over 3 years. “Fuck it’s nice to see your face, baby. I can’t wait to be back in the states.”

“Aww, I can’t wait for you to be back.” I grinned and thought about how what else I wanted to do but I didn’t want to make this call sexual even though it was hard.

“Just two more days. How’s your week going?” I could tell Frank was attempting to make the call private but I could hear voices in the background. I ignored all the other sounds and focused on my man.

“It’s been really busy. I’ve been helping Zack at the Vengeance University warehouse since their getting busy these days. But I must admit it’s nice to spend time with him and the guys since they have been touring so much. Other than that I can’t complain but once your back my days will be that much better.” I felt like my face was going to break from smiling so much. I reached over and took a sip of her wine.

“I’m sure Zack is appreciating all your help. I wish I could talk longer babe but we have sound check for our final show tonight. Love you and I’ll call you when I am on my way back to the states.” I smiled and seeing Frank smile made me feel so grateful to have him. I liked that he took time to talk to me, even if it was just for a few simple minutes.

“Have a great show, darling. Love you too.” I blew him another kiss and he pretended to catch it again and put it in the pocket of his hoodie. Frank ended the call and I put my phone away and a few tears fell. I missed Frank a lot and I didn’t like him to see me cry but at least I knew he would be home soon.

For the rest of the afternoon, I relaxed and tried to embrace the alone time. I did not like to be alone for long periods of time. Throughout my whole life, I was surrounded by people and it kept me grounded in life. But when I was alone I always tried to be reflective and take in the quietness of my surroundings and be productive.

I put my wine glass in the dishwasher and I heard my phone go off and I picked it up off the counter. I grinned when I saw a text from Zack.

We are having a bbq tonight come by if you want.

I smiled and knew that some family time beat sitting around the house for the rest of the night doing nothing.

Sounds good. See you soon. xxS

I walked upstairs and took a quick shower to freshen up. I wrapped a towel around my body and around my hair. I walked into our large closet and picked out a simple outfit. I grinned when I looked through the band-tees Frank had in the closet. I decided on one of his misfit's tees and a pair of light blue skinny jeans. I quickly got dressed and blow dried my medium length dark locks. I then slipped on a pair of black flip-flops, grabbed my purse, keys, and phone.

I got a cab to Zack’s place. I walked into the massive house, or mansion if you will. I always adored my brother’s place but I preferred my smaller place and I loved Frank’s house in Jersey.

I was quickly greeted by Zack’s wife and we hugged. I am glad Zack finally found the right woman for him. I never got along well with exes but I really tried. It hurt me to see Zack get played in the past. “Hey, Saige. Everyone is outback.”

“Ok thanks. I’ll see you out there.” I then walked towards the back of the house and outside where everyone was hanging out.

In these moments, I wished Frank was with me because he was better at entrances than I am. I feel awkward as hell when I walk into a place where there is a bunch of people. Pretty much everyone was drinking so I decided to let loose and have a few more drinks. Zack spotted me first and walked over to me.

I wrapped my arms around my brother. “Hey, thanks for helping me find a reason to leave the house.” I grinned. I always liked hanging out at Zack’s place but I didn’t want to get in the way so he could spend time with his son and Meghan, but he always insisted I come over whenever. But we did see each quite frequently when he was not doing band stuff or touring.

“Anytime, sis. You must be getting excited that Frank will be home soon.” He smiled and I would be forever grateful that Zack introduced me to Frank almost 4 years ago.

“Yeah he will be home in two days and I can’t wait to see him.”

“I bet. I’m honestly glad things worked out for you two. If it didn’t I don’t think I could handle another guy taking advantage of you.” Zack was protective of me and I must admit I always liked that he was that way with me. He led me over to the bar. “Let’s get you a drink.” I grinned.

“Thanks, bro.” He made me a jack and coke which is one of my favorite drinks. We engaged in small talk and had some laughs. I then felt something grab my leg and I looked down and smiled when I saw Tennessee Zack’s son. I put my drink on the bar and picked up my nephew.

“Hey, Tenny.” I held him on my hip and I kissed his cheek. “How my favorite little man?” He giggled at me and it always melted my heart.

Zack grinned over at me. “You are going to make such a good mom you know that.”

I smiled at my brother. “I can’t wait to have a kid but I’m not sure if Frank is ready for another one since he already has the girls.” I always wanted to be a mom but I know it will happen when the time is right.

“You just got to talk to him about it, Saige. I’m sure he will want another one but you have to express how you feel to him.”

“I know Zack. I mean we haven’t even talked about marriage yet. I guess I’m just nervous that maybe he’s not sure if he wants to have a future with me.” Tennessee started to get fussy so I handed him over to Zack. My brother was such a great dad and I was happy he finally has a family of his own.

“He has been with you for almost four years. Once he is home and settled in you should talk about all this ok?” My brother is always looking out for me and I always appreciate it. He knows how to make me see things clearer.

“Your right Zee. Thanks for always looking out for me.” I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “I’m going to go mingle. We will talk later.” I smiled.

“Your welcome Saige and I'm always here for you.” I nodded and took my drink and went to mingle with the guys and some other people I know.

My few drinks turned into many and I was drunk when the party started to die down. All the kids were already in bed and there was just a couple of us hanging outside. It always ended up this way me drinking more than I should. I tried to keep my cool and not embarrass myself or Zack because that’s the last thing I wanted to do.

After a while, Zack and Meghan went inside and Matt and Val left. Michelle also left with her and Brian’s’ son. Brian decided to stay longer with me, so it was just me and him. We were good friends when I was younger and he is still my best friend out of the band beside Zack.

He lit up a joint and I grinned over at him. “Syn, you always know to keep the party going even when you are in your new fatherly role.” I let out a small laugh.

“You know it, Saige.” He then passed the joint to me and I savored the feeling of letting myself go. Frank and I smoke the odd joint together but it’s not that frequent these days. I smoked a lot more before I started dating him.

What seemed like hours was only about thirty minutes and I was starting to pass out on Brian. He helped me up and I giggled the entire time since I was stumbling around. “You are always a handful when your drunk and high, Saige,” I smirked.

“I know but you loved it when we were younger.” I slurred out. Brian and I slept together a few times when we were younger but it never led to anything.

“Let’s get you to bed before you get yourself in trouble.” I giggled at that and he walked me to the guest room I always stayed in. I always had clothes and shower stuff there when I needed it.

I laid down on the bed and he kissed my head. “Goodnight Saige, tonight was great. See you later.”

“Night Bri.” I waved at him before I passed out on top of the bedding. I was always thankful for Brian when he looked out for me when I got loaded and Zack wasn’t around.

The next morning I woke up to Tennessee running into the guest room and I realized Brian must have left the door open. My head was pounding and my mouth felt like a dessert. I opened my eyes and attempted to give Tenn a smile.

“Morning.” I looked up and seen Zack running to get his son.

“Morning sis, sorry about Tenn waking you up. I didn’t even realize you stayed the night.”

“Yeah, Brian brought me in here last night. I got way more drunk than I intended to.” I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

“No worries. We are getting breakfast ready so your welcome to join us.”

“Okay, I’ll be there for a minute.” Zack left the room with Tennessee and I slowly got off the bed.

I felt like a train hit me and I got off the bed and attempted to fix my hair. I slipped my flip flops back on and grabbed my purse and walked to the kitchen. The smell of breakfast made my stomach rumble. Zack gave me a cup of coffee and we engaged in small talk and ate the amazing breakfast. My brother was a way better cook than myself and it makes me miss Frank who is an amazing cook compared to me.

I said goodbye to my brother, Meghan, and Tenn and headed home where I needed more sleep. I checked my phone and saw Frank sent me a text and I smiled.

One more day baby and I’ll be home. Miss you xoxo

I sent him a quick text back. I can’t wait. I went to Zack’s last night and drank a bit too much to drink lol call me anytime

Get some sleep and I’ll call you before I board my flight tonight love you xoxo

Okay sounds good love you too talk soon xx

I put my phone on the bedside table and waited for Frank’s call to let me know he was on his way back. I felt the butterflies come to my stomach and I could not wait to have Frank close to me once again. I took a quick shower and put some PJs on and headed back to bed and got some much-needed sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story