Categories > Original > Erotica

Alcohol Consumption Can Trigger Changes In The Architecture And Function Of The Growing Brain

by FitzgeraldRoach26 0 reviews

I use this site for studying Alcohol can trigger modifications i

Category: Erotica - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2018-02-16 - 682 words

0Unrated
Alcohol can trigger modifications in the architecture and function of the blossoming brain, which continues to mature into an individual's mid 20s, and it may have consequences reaching far beyond teenage years.

In adolescence, brain growth is defined by dramatic changes to the brain's structure, neuron connectivity ("electrical wiring"), and physiology. These transformations in the brain disturb everything from emerging sexuality to emotionality and cognitive ability.

Not all parts of the adolescent brain mature simultaneously, which may put a youth at a disadvantage in particular situations. The limbic areas of the brain mature earlier than the frontal lobes. The limbic regions regulate emotions and are connected with an adolescent's reduced sensitivity to risk. The frontal lobes are accountable for self-regulation, judgment, reasoning, analytic skills, and impulse control. Differences in maturation amongst parts of the brain can result in careless choices or actions and a neglect for repercussions.

Ways Alcohol Alters the Human Brain
Alcohol alters a juvenile's brain growth in several ways. The effects of underage drinking on particular brain activities are explained below.
Alcohol is a central nervous system sedative drug. Alcohol can seem to be a stimulant because, at the start, it suppresses the portion of the brain that governs inhibitions.

CORTEX-- Alcohol hampers the cerebral cortex as it works with information from a person's senses.

CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM-- When an individual thinks of something he wants his body to undertake, the central nervous system-- the brain and the spine-- sends a signal to that part of the body. Alcohol hinders the central nervous system, making the person think, converse, and move less quickly.

FRONTAL LOBES -- The brain's frontal lobes are essential for planning, forming concepts, making decisions, and employing self-control.

Once alcohol affects the frontal lobes of the brain, a person might find it tough to manage his or her emotions and urges. The person may act without thinking or might even get violent. Drinking alcohol over an extended period of time can damage the frontal lobes forever.

HIPPOCAMPUS-- The hippocampus is the part of the human brain where memories are generated.
Once alcohol reaches the hippocampus, a person might have difficulty recollecting something she or he just learned, such as a person's name or a phone number. This can take place after just a couple of alcoholic beverages.
Drinking a lot of alcohol quickly can trigger a blackout-- not having the ability to recollect whole occurrences, like what he or she did last night.
If alcohol harms the hippocampus, an individual might find it tough to learn and to hold on to knowledge.

CEREBELLUM-- The cerebellum is very important for coordination, ideas, and focus. A person may have difficulty with these abilities when alcohol goes into the cerebellum. After drinking alcohol, an individual's hands might be so tremulous that they cannot touch or take hold of things normally, and they might fail to keep their balance and tumble.

HYPOTHALAMUS-- The hypothalamus is a little part of the brain that does a remarkable number of the body's housekeeping chores. Alcohol upsets the operation of the hypothalamus. After an individual drinks alcohol, blood pressure, appetite, thirst, and the urge to urinate increase while body temperature level and heart rate decline.

MEDULLA-- The medulla controls the body's unconscious actions, such as an individual's heartbeat. It also keeps the physical body at the ideal temperature level. Alcohol really chills the physical body. Consuming a lot of alcohol outdoors in chilly weather can trigger an individual's physical body temperature to drop below normal. This dangerous condition is called hypothermia.

An individual might have difficulty with these abilities when alcohol goes into the cerebellum. After drinking alcohol, a person's hands may be so unsteady that they can't touch or take hold of things properly, and they may fail to keep their equilibrium and fall.

After a person drinks alcohol, blood pressure, hunger, thirst, and the urge to urinate increase while physical body temperature levels and heart rate decline.


Alcohol actually cools down the body. Consuming a lot of alcohol outdoors in cold weather can trigger a person's body temperature to fall below normal.
Sign up to rate and review this story