Categories > Original > Erotica

Alcoholism Is A Terrible Disease

by Schulz35Alston 0 reviews

I use this site for learning While alcoholism is a destructive c

Category: Erotica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2018-02-16 - 628 words

0Unrated
While alcoholism is a destructive condition that can ruin lives, some individuals who battle with it manage to hold down massive responsibilities and demanding jobs. Externally, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics appear to have it all together. They can drive nice vehicles, reside in excellent areas, and have lots of disposable income.

Simply because they are high-functioning doesn't suggest that they are immune to the effects of alcohol. They are still in danger of hurting themselves and those near them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with trembling hands, or a money-lender managing huge sums of money are each in danger of triggering terrible tragedies if they remain on their dysfunctional path.

Here are some symptoms that can help in detecting these powder kegs:

1. They consume alcohol instead of eating.

Alcoholics will often replace dishes with a couple of cocktails, lose their appetite for meals altogether, or employ mealtime as an excuse to begin consuming alcohol.
2. They can wake up free from a hangover, even after several cocktails.

Consuming alcohol regularly over a long period of time can easily cause the human body to become reliant or dependent on alcohol. Routinely high-functioning alcoholics can drink a lot without the punishing hangover that plagues the occasional drinker.

3. Not drinking makes them irritable, nervous, or uncomfortable.

If an alcoholic is required to avoid drinking, his/her body often responds negatively, as they depend on the sedative results of alcohol. Suddenly stopping can cause anxiety, uneasiness, excessive sweating, an elevated heart rate, and even convulsions.

4. Their patterns of conduct change substantially while intoxicated on booze.

Alcoholics might transform considerably when they consume alcohol. For instance, a typically pleasant individual might become aggressive, or make impulsive choices.
5. They cannot have just two drinks.

An alcoholic has a problem stopping, and may even finish other people's' alcoholic beverages. Booze will never be left on the table, and there is always a reason for "one more round.".


6. Periods of amnesia or "blacking out" are common
Many alcoholics will take part in adventures that they cannot recall the next day. They may not appear significantly intoxicated at the time, however they're unable to remember incidents that took place.

7. Attempts to discuss alcohol related incidents are met with anger and denial.

When challenged with concerns involving their alcohol usage, hard drinkers will usually regress to denial or anger, making conversation challenging.

8. They always have a great explanation for the reason that they drink.

Many alcoholics will have an outwardly reasonable explanation for their conduct if flat denial or is not the selected method of evasion. Stress on the job, problems at home, or an abundance of social obligations are common reasons to account for their harmful actions.

9. They hide their alcohol.

Lots of alcoholics will drink alone, or slip drinks from a container in a desk or in their automobile. This kind of hidden drinking is an incredible warning sign and there is no other explanation for this behavior other than alcoholism.

Let's keep our society productive, safe, and sober by by being observant for problematic actions in order to get these struggling coworkers, family members, and friends the help they need.

While alcoholism is a destructive disease that can and does damage lives, some individuals who battle with it are able to hold down difficult jobs and massive responsibilities. From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics appear to have it all together. They can drive good vehicles, live in terrific neighborhoods, and make a substantial earnings.

Just because they're high-functioning does not suggest that they're immune to the results of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a doctor performing surgery with tremulous hands, or a money-lender managing huge amounts of cash are each at-risk of triggering awful disasters if they remain on their dysfunctional course.
Sign up to rate and review this story