Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Free Girl

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kyosuke talks with Eishi's wife, Mayumi, to help free Kimi with her illicit affair.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2018-02-28 - 624 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fourteen: Free Girl:

Kyosuke trailed Eishi when he left the room. He gritted his teeth. Alright, the shinigami was not a fan of this guy. He's taking advantage of my sister!

The teacher walked up to the front desk and checked out. He didn't make eye contact the whole time. Eishi bowed and left. Kyosuke followed behind.

Eishi didn't look like a monster. He barely made eye contact with anyone. He barely talked to anyone. Kyosuke eyed him with his head tilted. Who was this man? Kyosuke didn't know whether hate him or be confused. He narrowed his eyes.

I don't like him.

Both men made it to an apartment complex. Looked fairly normal. Kyosuke watched from the parking lot. Eishi shoved his hands into his pockets. The shinigami sneered.

Come on. Look up, you coward! You can't, can you? Kyosuke snorted. Coward! Pathetic! Just pathetic! You are pathetic! He vanished as Eishi went up the stairs. The teacher made it to his apartment. He unlocked the door and went inside. Kyosuke went to the window.

What the…? What is this?

A woman sat on the couch in the living room. She scratched her skinny, red rash-covered arm. She trembled with her eyes lowered. Eishi sat down next to her. He pulled her into his arms. She rested her head on his shoulder. Kyosuke gritted his teeth.

That bastard! So he is married!

He clenched his fists and vanished.

-Next Day-

Kyosuke waited until Eishi left the apartment. He knew what he had to do first. Once the teacher was gone, the shinigami knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" the woman asked. Kyosuke cleared his throat.

"Um… I'm lost and I need directions," he said. The shinigami waited with bated breath. He could hear footsteps approaching the door. He backed up when it opened a crack. A brown eye peeked outside.

"Yo," Kyosuke said, waving.

"Where did you want to go?" the woman asked. Kyosuke cleared his throat.

"Actually," he said. "I want to talk to you about something. Can I come in?"

"What is it?" the woman asked.

"It's about your husband," Kyosuke said.

"What about him?" she asked. "Is he in trouble?"

"Can I come in?" the shinigami asked.

The woman looked like she would break on the couch. The red patches stood out on her pale skin. She tried not to scratch her arm. Kyosuke looked her up and down.

"Uh…" he said.

"It's okay," she said. "You can ask me. I don't mind." Kyosuke pressed his lips together.

"Are you sick?" he asked in a small voice. The woman lowered her head.

"Yes," she said. "Cancer. Stage three." The shinigami flinched.

"I'm so sorry to hear that," he said. Eishi was the worst. He's cheating on his sick wife with a high school girl? He couldn't tell this woman the truth. But he had to save his sister from her destructive path. He clenched his fists in his lap.

"Listen," Kyosuke said. "It's about your husband." Eishi gave him an odd look.

"What about him?" she asked. The shinigami looked her in eye.

"I need your help with something," he said. "What's your name?"

"Mayumi," the woman said.

"Mayumi-san, how well do you know your husband?" Kyosuke asked.

"What?" Mayumi asked

-7:00 p.m.-

Kimi's phone rang on her desk.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Are you Kimi-chan?" a woman's voice asked. The girl froze.

"Who's this?" she asked.

"My name is Mayumi," the woman said. "I'm Eishi's wife. We need to talk." Kimi's stomach dropped.

"Oh," she said. She should've expected this. In truth, Kimi hoped for it. Please. Make us stop. We can't do this anymore. It needs to stop.

So why was she so scared here?
Sign up to rate and review this story