Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Family Healing

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Mamoru, Kimi, and Mitsuko all come to grips with fixing their problems and seeing Kyosuke again.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2018-03-05 - 811 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Nineteen: Family Healing:

Mamoru, Kimi, Mitsuko, and Sosuke were all fixed. They didn't know how this happened. The younger siblings sat around the living room. They looked at each other.

-Mamoru-

Tsubaki stayed with Mamoru the whole night.

"Why do you stay with him?" he asked. She drew her knees to her chest.

"I was lonely," she said. "He paid so much attention to me. Mom and dad work all the time and like their other lovers more. He came at a vulnerable time." Tsubaki trembled.

"I don't know how this happened," she said. "I'm smarter and stronger than that!" Mamoru rubbed her back.

"It's okay," he said. "Things like this happen."

"But I knew better. Oh, what should I do?"

Mamoru drew back his hand. "Break up with him, first. And then figure out the rest."

Tsubaki gave him a blank stare. "How do I do that?"

"I'm not going to tell you how. You have to figure that one out yourself. I can't help you this time."

"But…"

"No!" Mamoru rubbed his forehead. "Look. You are a dear friend to me. You always will be. But I can't pick you up anymore. You… You have to fall on your face for a change." He took a breath.

"But… I will support you no matter what. Just… Don't date sucky boyfriends."

Tsubaki perked up. "Okay. You win. I will try to figure out what to do next. But promise me one thing."

"What?" Mamoru asked.

"Will you play tennis with me again sometime?" she asked. Mamoru smiled.

"Sure," he said. The friends began to laugh.

-Next Day-

Mamoru doesn't know how this happened. He found the money on his nightstand. A note sat on the envelope.

Got it all back. Tell Mitsuko the truth. Don't worry about the boyfriend. Watari-san and I took care of him. Let's just say, he's now scared of cats and the dark. Do right this time.

Love, Kyo-nii

Mamoru tilted his head. "Huh?!"

-Kimi-

"Can we talk somewhere in private?" Mayumi asked. Kimi's eyes shifted back and forth.

"Why?" she asked. The woman nervously laughed.

"Don't worry," she said. "I don't want to hurt you. I just want to talk."

"Okay…" the girl said. "Where do you want to meet?"

"The park will be fine. How does Saturday at three sound?"

"Good." Kimi nodded as she spoke. Something yelled at her to stop. Stop and hang up.

"Alright, I will see you there." Mayumi sounded so quiet over the phone. It hurt to talk with her. Even so, Kimi felt relieved. Maybe, just maybe this could end.

-Saturday-

-3:00 p.m.-

Kimi sat on the bench, tapping her floor. The playing children didn't make it easier. She ran different scenarios of how this would play out. Would Mayumi attack her? Would there be a fight? Who would win?

Kimi shook her head. Calm down! It's just a talk. Nothing bad should happen, right? So why was she shaking?

"Kimi-chan?" a woman asked. The girl jerked her head upwards. Mayumi stood inches away.

"Hello," she said, bowing.

"Uh… hi…" Kimi said. She stared at the frail woman. Any words she had in her head vanished.

"May I?" the woman asked.

"Um… sure, I guess," Kimi said.

"Thank you," Mayumi said. She bowed and sat down on the bench. Kimi held her breath. The sick woman bowed her head.

"Please, take my husband," she said. Kimi blinked.

"Huh?" she asked. Mayumi grabbed her by the hands.

"I won't have long anyway," she said. "I have cancer."

"What?!"

The woman lowered her head. "I've talked to Eishi-kun. I told him that he can see anyone after I die. He seems to have chosen you. I wish you both well." Kimi drew back her hands and nervously laughed.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I just can't."

"What?" Mayumi asked. Kimi took a deep breath.

"Sensei is a great guy," she said. "But he's not my type. You can have him. I'm done with him." Mayumi tried to speak, but Kimi stood up.

"It was nice to meet you," Kimi said. "Just wish it could be better times. Can I say something else?"

"What?" Mayumi asked. The girl flashed a V-sign at her.

"I'm glad you and I spoke," she said. "In a way, I wanted you to stop us."

"Huh?" the sick woman asked. The girl smiled and walked away.

-Present Day-

Mamoru and Kimi turned to Mitsuko.

"You saw him too?" the brother asked.

"Yeah," Mitsuko said. She looked at her phone.

"Looking for something?" Kimi asked. The older sister put away her phone.

"Not really," she said. Mitsuko shivered with her hands in her lap. She weighed the worst options in her head.

Then her phone buzzed. Mitsuko looked at the screen. Her heart raced against her chest. Her thumb opened the new message from LonelyScholar.
Sign up to rate and review this story