Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

He Can't Let Go

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Takashi and Charlotte talk about if Charlotte's ex tracks her down and remember when she ran away from Okinawa.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2018-04-07 - 421 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Three: He Can't Let Go:

Takashi and Charlotte can't escape him.

"Char-chan," Takashi said in bed one night.

"What is it?" his girlfriend asked, half-asleep. The angel grabbed Charlotte into an embrace.

"What will you do if your ex finds us?" he asked. She pressed her lips together. Oh, yeah. He's still in the background. Charlotte shook her head.

"He's not going to go away," Takashi said.

"I know," she said. The woman started trembling.

"It's okay," the angel said. "I'm here for you." That's how it was. Good old Takashi. He helped her escape.

-Two Years Ago-

"Thought about running away?" Takashi asked. Charlotte looked at him.

"Huh?" she asked. The angel faced her direction.

"Running away," he said. "Ever thought about it?"

"Yeah, she said. "But I can't."

"Hm?" the angel asked. "Why not?" She shook her head.

"I'm trapped here," she said. Eliza's voice trembled as she spoke. She looked at her chest. She should've been dead. He's making her live. Making her live for him. She couldn't kill herself. Her boyfriend wouldn't let her. She never pictured living like this with her dream prince.

Takashi put his hand on hers. Charlotte about jumped. The angel shook his head.

"That's not love," he said. Eliza tilted her head.

"Takashi…" she said.

"Get away from him," the angel said. "He's no good for you. Why do you stay if you are not happy?" Eliza bit her lower lip.

"Well…" she said. Her eyes shifted away from him.

"You're scared, aren't you?" Takashi asked. He pressed his forehead against hers.

"Don't be," he whispered. "I will be here with you."

-Present Day-

Charlotte turned to Takashi.

"Takashi-kun," she said.

"Hm?" the angel asked. She gently caressed his cheek.

"How did I end up with a great guy like you?" Charlotte asked.

"I don't know," he said. She rested her head on his chest.

"Stay by me?" the woman asked. Takashi clutched her in his arms.

"As always," he said. The angel rested his chin atop her head. He couldn't tell her what he had been sensing lately. Good thing he had other angels keeping watch. The last Takashi heard, her ex had left Okinawa and headed for the mainland.

Meanwhile, he waited for the first train to arrive. He didn't have much to go on. He only had the college that she was going to. Though he didn't have her schedule, he still hoped to see her again.

I will bring you home/, he thought. /Wait for me, Eliza-chan!
Sign up to rate and review this story