Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Ice Trip

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kyosuke and April head to Mount Meakan to start their mission.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Watari - Published: 2018-04-09 - 536 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Five: Ice Trip:

The summers in Hokkaido were milder than the rest of Japan. Kyosuke looked around.

"Heh," he said. "Looks so much different in August." April turned her head.

"Really?" she asked. The other shinigami nodded.

"I've only been here in December once," Kyosuke said.

"Ah," she said. April pulled out her phone.

"Let's see," she said. "We need to be in Kushiro. The farm is located near Mount Meakan."

"How far away is that?" Kyosuke asked. His partner blew up her screen.

"About… 33.7 km from Tsurui," she said.

"So we're in Tsurui now?" he asked.

"Yes," the English shinigami said. Kyosuke tilted his head.

"So… why are we here?" he asked.

"It was the nearest point I could get us," April said. "I'm still new to this teleporting around Japan. I've never been to Hokkaido before."

"You haven't?"

"No. Anyway, let's do this."

"Right."

The pair disappear from the garden behind a shop.

-Kushiro-

April and Kyosuke appeared in the town. No one seemed to notice them. Kyosuke looked over at April.

"Ready to do this?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said, nodding.

"How far in Mount Meakan from here?" he asked. April pulled out her phone.

"We're going to have to make the trip by noon," she said. "It's 85.2 km by foot."

"What?!" he asked. April patted him on the back.

"There, there," she said. "We can just fly there."

"Oh yeah!" Kyosuke said. "I forgot we could do that." Both of them took to the sky.

"We're looking for the coldest point in this area," April said. She held out her cell phone. The English shinigami tapped the screen.

"What is that?" Kyosuke asked.

"Oh, just a little app I downloaded before we left," April said. The screen loaded a new map.

"Look at these heat spots," she said. "We're looking for a blue spot." Kyosuke looked with her on the screen.

Twenty minutes later, a big blue light flashed on the screen.

"There!" April shouted. Kyosuke looked down. He raised his eyebrow.

"Hey April-san," he said.

"Yeah?" the English shinigami said.

"It's August, yeah?" Kyosuke asked.

"Yes."

"What's with all of the snow down there?"

"Huh?" April took a look down. A tall building with two smaller ones was covered in a blanket of snow. Ice covered the ground. She turned back to Kyosuke.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said. "So how do we start to dismantle the farm?" His partner began to think. Suddenly, her phone rang.

"Hang on," she said. The English shinigami answered her phone.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Have you located the farm yet?" Watari asked.

"Yes," April said.

"Good work," their manager said. "I'm sending you a map of the farm now. This isn't spot on, but I have the basic layout. I have a friend waiting for you on the ground. I wish you luck."

"Thank you," April said. She hung up as she and Kyosuke landed on the ground. They looked so tiny compared to the out of placed ice over building. The windows looked like soulless eyes and the door looked like a giant closed mouth. In front of said doors stood a man dressed in a security guard uniform.
Sign up to rate and review this story