Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

A Grandfather's blessing.

by InuKag 4 reviews

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-09-19 - Updated: 2006-09-20 - 1680 words

0Unrated
~~ ~~



Kagome awoke to the ashen of the stucco looming above her. Now what? She thought rather cynically. It seemed every time she woke up, there was more bad news; focusing her eyes to glance upon the bland room, it was only but a moment before she realized where she was. A hospital...? What the hell am I doing here...? Trying her damndest to remember what had happened, she was becoming dizzy. Inuyasha... we were about to... then everything just went black... what the hell? Her thoughts were cut short by the sound of someone sniffling. Snapping her head to the source, Kagome saw none other than Inuyasha uncomfortably sitting in the chair beside her; he looked as if he had been sleeping. Softly, she extended her hand to the slumbering hanyou's crossed arms; at her small ministration his eyes fluttered open. After the haze cleared, Inuyasha jumped from the chair and knelt beside the lackluster bed; holding her hand to his heart.

"Inuyasha what..." his lips pressed against her cheek; his shaky breath passing slowly by her ear.

"I'm so glad you are awake. The healer said that you were in a comma?" Kagome giggled at his miss-wording, but her expression changed to grimace when she noticed his confused and horrified stance. "When I asked him what that meant, he said... he said you might never wake up again... you were lost in your dreams. Are... are you alright now?" Wow, he's really upset? I knew things were different but... has this protectiveness always been there, am I only just noticing this now? Clearing her throat, as it seemed her voice was strained and grainy; Kagome brought her attention to his gaze.

"I really don't know what happened... what did the doct- I mean 'healer' tell you?" Inuyasha let an irritated grunt escape the confines of his throat and turned away.

"That asshole? Wouldn't tell me shit. He wouldn't even let me in to see you at first; said something about immediate family only? Fucking dick is what he is... he still hasn't said anything other than about the comma, and he said that to your mother." He paused for a moment before looking back to her insipid face. "Do you feel any pain?" Kagome closed her eyes momentarily, letting out a sigh as if trying to decide if she did or not. When she reopened her gaze, she saw the worry and heartache glowing back from his golden orbs; she reached her hand to touch his cheek.

"Oh Inuyasha, I promise that I feel okay now. I just want to hear what the doctor has to say about what happened."

"Doctor...? What's that?" Kagome smiled and stroked his soft tendrils of hair that framed his handsome face.

"That's what we call the healers in my time, Inuyasha." She pulled her body to a sitting position and tugged on the hair that she had been smoothing out; bringing his lips to hers. After the kiss was broken Kagome pressed her forehead against Inuyasha's; letting his silver hair cascade against her cheeks, as if creating a veil from the rest of the world. She smiled and looked up into his eyes. "By the way Inuyasha, it's not pronounced 'comma' its coma." He smirked and let out a sarcastic Hmph.

"Well whatever it is, I'm glad you aren't stuck in your dreams anymore. I don't know what I would do without you wench, just so you know, you are more than just a shard detector to me." His eyes sparkled with emotion at his words; Kagome felt as if she would cry. Catching the subtle scent of un-fallen tears, Inuyasha ran his fingers through her hair. "Kagome, don't cry please? What did I say that was wrong?" Kagome giggled.

"Nothing silly, I'm not going to cry. It's just... you never looked at me that way, I can't remember when the last time it was that I saw your face ridden with worry like that." Inuyasha moved to sit on the side of the bed and wrapped his arms around her petite waist carefully; pulling her close, he whispered in her ear.

"Wench, whenever you aren't in my arms I'm worried about something happening to you. I already told you, I don't know what I would do without you. Kagome, I love you." He felt her weakened grip tighten on his back as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I love you too, Inuyasha promise you will always mean that." She moved to face him again; Inuyasha's hands still rested upon Kagome's hips gently.

"Always. Just try to stay out of so much danger when you can help it, okay?" A frail, yet loving laugh escaped her as he laid her head back down on the pillow. "Get some sleep Kagome. We don't have to go back until you are completely better." Not knowing if any of this was really happening, Kagome simply nodded as she let her sleep take over. Inuyasha walked to the door and into the hallway; he was surprised to see her grandfather quietly lounging upon an inset bench against the wall beside her room. Upon his exit, her grandfather looked up.

"Oi, Inuyasha I was hoping I could have a word with you... would you mind sitting with me for a while?" Nodding, Inuyasha took a seat beside the feeble old man.

"What is it you need to talk to me about, old man?" Her grandfather seemed nervous as he rung his hands together; playing with the ring upon his finger.

"I wanted to speak with you about my granddaughter. Inuyasha, I know you care but I only wonder... does this relationship you have with Kagome go beyond friendship...or is it just the imaginings of an old man's ancient mind?" Inuyasha's blush pretty much told him all he needed to know as the young hanyou looked down a bit shamefully into his lap.

"I'm sorry... Mr. Higurashi, I can't leave her. I know you don't want a tainted demon around all the time but, I ... I..." Inuyasha stumbled over his words trying to find the right thing to say, without sounding too soft.

"You love her don't you, Inuyasha." Gathering his courage, Inuyasha slowly brought his stare to the old man's face.

"Yes. I do." Looking down again, he listened to her grandfather sigh heavily.

"Inuyasha, do not be ashamed to love her. You really needn't worry about what I think, and for the record... though you do have the blood of a demon running in your veins, I believe that you are a very honorable man; also, a formidable opponent for anyone who would dare to bring harm upon our lovely Kagome. You both seem to accept each other as you are and I just wanted to be sure on what your intentions are with my granddaughter. Can you tell me that son?" Inuyasha thought for a moment before standing to face the old man beside him.

"Both my intentions and love for that woman in there are pure. I only hope that you will be so accepting as to let me spend the rest of my existence protecting and caring for her and her children. I... I ...I want to be the father to those said children. I ... I want to have her presence beside me always, I feel as if my life means nothing without her. You ask my intentions, well old man... lately I've been feeling more than a bit generous with divulging my feelings. So there you have it, now I can only hope that you will be willing to let this tainted demon become part of your family... part of Kagome's heart forever... see because without her, I would cease existence. It would just hurt too much to lose her." Inuyasha began to walk away, towards the cafeteria, when he felt her grandfather touch his arm gently. Turning his attention back to the old man seated on the bench, he noticed his straight forward expression.

"Inuyasha, you are always welcome into this family. You will always be in her heart, just promise that you will treat her with the respect and love she deserves..." His eyes met with Inuyasha's shocked gape.

"I...I... you have my word." Letting his arm fall from his grasp, Mr. Higurashi felt a small smile play across his lips.

"Then you have my blessings, son." Inuyasha was stunned. /Her grandfather really just accepted me? /Suddenly, his appetite seemed to diminish... so he opted to take is former spot back; beside Kagome's bed. When Kagome's mother entered the room she was surprised to see that he was still beside her asleep; she noticed the chair had been moved closer to the bed, and he was gripping her hand in his... a slight grin plastered upon his sleeping face. Not wanting to disturb the hanyou or her daughter, Mrs. Higurashi walked out of the room and sat beside her father.

"He went back in there huh."

"What do you mean, father? Did Inuyasha come out?" She tried to read her father's expression, but it was blank.

"We talked. Do not fret my dear. It was all in good taste, I think I have changed my mind about that young hanyou." He paused and glanced over at his daughter. "He loves her quite a bit." Mrs. Higurashi smiled.

"I've known that for a while, father. I'm glad you finally realized it."

"He told me." Mrs. Higurashi looked at her father in awe, hugging him she let out a sigh.

"Everything is changing so much now, Iie?"

"Hai, I think admitting their feelings to each other was a big step..."

"I hope for the best... things have just been so strange. They have been through so much." Knowing her father had no idea about just 'how close' her daughter and the hanyou from the past had been, she kept that part of information to herself. He just accepted Inuyasha, why ruin things now. In time perhaps... but it's not something that he needs to know.

Things were definitely changing.

Sign up to rate and review this story