Categories > Anime/Manga > Prince of Tennis

Question

by NekoMastermind 2 reviews

Written for Theme 10 "The number 10" for 30 Kisses. Momo is concerned about Ryoma.

Category: Prince of Tennis - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Echizen Ryoma, Momoshiro Takeshi - Published: 2005-06-28 - Updated: 2005-06-28 - 540 words - Complete

2Moving
Title: Question
By: Neko Mastermind

"Echizen, can I get you something? Thirsty? Hungry? Wanna watch TV?"

Echizen Ryoma sighed heavily and rubbed at his temples. "Momo-senpai, if you ask me one more time..."

Momoshiro Takeshi pouted and took a seat at the foot of Ryoma's bed. "I'm just trying to help."

"I know," the freshman said, shifting to get comfortable on the bed. "But that's the tenth time you've asked me."

"It is not," the second year exclaimed. "...It's the ninth time."

Another sigh. Could this day get any worse? Ryoma glanced down at his ankle, red, swollen, and resting on a pillow with an ice pack over it.

It really had been an accident; he hadn't known Momo was going to take the shot himself and he really should've given his partner a warning that he was going for it. But of course, neither said anything, and they both crashed into each other, with resulted in a crash, and Seigaku's freshman prodigy spraining his ankle.

And to top it all off, Momo-senpai had to carry him to the nurse, and then to his house.

He was really having a bad day.

"Na, Echizen..."

Ryoma grabbed a pillow from behind him and held it up threateningly, giving Momo his best glare. "If you ask again..."

"Oi, oi," Momo said, holding his hands up. "I wasn't going to ask again! Honest!"

"Good." The freshman huffed, putting the pillow down, and then tilted his head. "What were you going to say?"

"I was gonna say I was sorry," Momo said, wrinkling his nose. "I should've said something before trying to hit that return." He glanced at Ryoma. "So, sorry."

Ryoma sat up a little and blinked, then shook his head. "It's not your fault," he muttered, fiddling with the hem of his shirt, and then stopped when he realized what he was doing. "Don't worry about it."

"If you say so..." Momo said with a sigh, obviously still feeling bad about what happened. "But if you need /anything/..."

"Hai, hai," the freshman rolled his eyes. "I'll let you know, okay? So stop asking."

Pouting, Momo shifted to make himself comfortable, stretching out at Ryoma's side. Ryoma raised an eyebrow, and then shifted to lie down next to him, trying to ignore just how close his senpai was.

Glancing up at his kouhai, Momo paused, and then gave Ryoma an almost sheepish look. "You don't mind, do you? Carrying you around kind of tired me out..."

"No, I don't mind," Ryoma said, almost smiling. Unconsciously, he shifted a little closer to Momo's warmth, ignoring the surprised look his senpai gave him.

"Momo-senpai..." he murmured.

"Hm?"

Blinking as soft lips were suddenly pressed against his cheek, Momo turned wide, violet eyes on the smiling freshman. "E-Echizen..."

"Thank you," Ryoma said, a faint blush spreading across his cheeks.

"Ah...you're welcome," Momo said, blinking a few times. Well, that was different.

They laid there for a long moment, simply enjoying each other's presence (not that they'd admit it, of course) until Momo spoke up, voice soft.

"Na, Echizen..."

"Hm?"

"Do you need me to get you anything?"

"Momo-senpai!"

The second year yelped as a pillow made contact with his head, and then all was quiet.
Sign up to rate and review this story