Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > 3x3cu+10n3r Episode01://CandyTears

/Act01/Abilities

by Miki-kun 0 reviews

The Executioners learn of their abilites. . .

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2006-09-21 - Updated: 2006-09-22 - 1188 words

0Unrated
/Act01/Abilities

The bells of the academy rang as Hoshiko entered the class. She took a quick look around before she took her seat. "The teacher isn't here yet," Tomoyo said, "you're safe." Hoshiko looked at Tomoyo, who blushed when their eyes met.

"I'm so happy!" Hoshiko responded.

"Why are you always late?" Tomoyo questioned curiously.

"Umm . . . I . . . ah . . . I have a lot to do in the morning!" Hoshiko answered.

"Quiet down, all of you," a teacher said, "I am alpha-01110101, but you can call me sensei. We are doing something different at this hour so we have decided to bring a few of you together. One randomly selected beta-class will be paired with a randomly selected gamma-class. The job of the beta-class is to tutor the gamma-class. You will be helping them understand and use their abilities. Do you understand?"

"Yes," everyone replied.

"Good here are the pairings for this class. beta-11010110 will be paired with gamma-01110110," the teacher continued to read of the pairing, "and gamma-11101110 will be paired with beta-00111100." Tomoyo blushed heavily.

"Aaah, Tomoyo-chan! We're partners!" Hoshiko exclaimed.

"I'm glad," Tomoyo said, still blushing. /fate is so good, sometimes/, she thought.

"Now this will be a major part of the advancements skills test, so all of you will need to do well if you wish to reach the next level. If you are a beta and your partner is advanced you will have a high chance of advancing as well. You will need to spend time together, even after school hours in order to find out your partner's abilities. Use your own abilities to help them reach their potential. Remember though, change cannot be forced on anyone, you two must work together. Understood!" sensei explained.

"Meet me after school!" Hoshiko exclaimed.

*
School hours ended which left the students free to go to their dorms or wander the school's campus. They were, however, not allowed outside the campus. No one was sure why, and no student had ever made it outside the campus to find out. Tomoyo left her class and headed toward the courtyard of the school. She noticed Hoshiko standing near the fountain talking to a boy. /Ah! that's not fair/, Tomoyo thought as she approached Hoshiko. "Is that so. . ." the boy said, Hoshiko noticed Tomoyo and nearly pushed him a side.

"We have to spend time together, right?" Hoshiko said.

"Yes," Tomoyo answered.

"Maybe we'll finish some other time," Hoshiko said to the boy.

"Okay, see you tomorrow, I guess," the boy said as he departed.

"So, I want to know more about the mysterious Tomoyo-chan, if we are going to be spending so much time together." Hoshiko said.

"Like what?" Tomoyo asked.

"How old are you?"

"What?"

"How old are you? You look 12, but I know that's not right. I mean I know I look 14, but I have enough memories to be at least 18, and I'm only a gamma. You're a beta you have to be older than me."

"I guess I am! Though I prefer to think I'm 12, well, until recently that is."

"Pweh, what do you mean until recently."

Tomoyo blushed, "It's nothing," she said.

"Whatever, so how old are you?" Hoshiko said.

"I'm not sure; I think I'm 24, or 26. You know it never really mattered to me. All I thought was that I was 12, that's all I wanted to be."

"Until recently."

"Yes. . ." Tomoyo realized she agreed after trying to change the subject, "meeeah!"

"I like you, you're cute. I think we'll make great partners." While they were talking, Tomoyo and Hoshiko started walking, and somehow ended up in the student store. "What are your abilities?" Hoshiko asked as she looked at pencil cases.

"Computers." Tomoyo answered.

"What? You want to look at the computers," Hoshiko said.

So, cute, Tomoyo thought, "Nope, that's my ability, I can easily interface with computer networks and databases."

"Really, that's cool! So you could change the test scores."

"Not yet, I'm restricted now."

"Restricted."

"Yes, we are placed under certain restrictions until we are initiated."

"Initiated?"

"I'm not really sure what that means, I just heard Akira-san say something about that."

"Oh," Hoshiko said.

"Don't worry; I think we'll understand someday. By-the-way, do you know anything about your abilities?" Tomoyo asked as she picked up a pencil case with pictures of cats.

"Well, not until recently, not until the day a first met you."

Tomoyo blushed, "Is that day important?"

"Well, I did meet you that day, that's important enough. Anyways, other than that, something happened just before I bumped into you."

"What?"

"A fight," Hoshiko answered

"What?!" Tomoyo exclaimed.

*
"Hey, you need to watch where you're going!" I boy yelled as Hoshiko dashed through the hallway.

"What are you going to do?" Hoshiko responded.

"I'll show you what a delta-class can do," the boy replied as he seemed to grow in size.

"Pwe! I'm not afraid of you, delta-class" Hoshiko replied.

"You should be." The over-sized boy stumped toward Hoshiko. He leaned down a bit, brought back his arm and took a hard swing at her. It contacted hard a sent Hoshiko flying until she hit the wall. "Not so tough are we?"

"That's it!" Hoshiko yelled, "Now I'm pissed!" She ran toward the guy, energy seemed to surge through every vain feeding every muscle in her body. She came to the guy and took a quick swing. He blocked it, but was blown back a bit by the force. The boy took another swing, Hoshiko concentrated a placed her arm up in a blocking fashion. The boy made contact, but not with her arm, instead with some kind of shield.

"Damn it!" The boy cried. Hoshiko took another swing at a kick which contacted hard send the boy into a fetal position on the floor. He shrank down to his normal size.

"That's what a gamma-class can do!" Hoshiko stated.

*
"You see after that, I started to think how I never seemed to have those powers. At least not that I could remember. This brought me to think about how different I seemed in the memories, well not only me but everything. That's when I walked right into you."

"I see, so you seem to be able to use your energy to increase your physical strength as well as create small shields," Tomoyo concluded.

"I guess," Hoshiko said.

"Too bad," Tomoyo said quietly, /I was hopping this would be more challenging so I could spend more time with her/, Tomoyo thought.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing," Tomoyo blushed. "I want you to hit me."

"That was sudden. Why?" Hoshiko asked.

"I need to gauge how well you are able to control your ability. Hit me, but only enough to knock me down. Don't hurt me more than you have to."

"What? I dunno if I can do that."

"Just try."

"Here?" Hoshiko said. Tomoyo looked at the pencil case she picked up earlier and realized where they were.

"Maybe it would be better if we go to my room," Tomoyo said. Tomoyo walked over and paid for the pencil case she was looking at. Hoshiko followed Tomoyo to her room.
Sign up to rate and review this story