Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Ultimate Fight

by story_master 6 reviews

The heroes face more foes, challenges and defeat.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-22 - Updated: 2006-09-23 - 2471 words

2Exciting
Tory: Yay it's the weekend again. Now I can write a few more chapters. Okay just a warning there is some violence in this chapter. Okay not some, lots. But I hope you enjoy it all the sme.
Ferrets: Tory doesn't own CotT but she does own her stories and us.
Tory: Now... on with the story...


" Come on guys! Let's take them down." Jay said, still exhausted.

" Jay no!" Theresa stopped him.

He turned to face her with confusion on his face.

" Why? We have to fight." Jay told her turning around.

" We can't win! They're already dead or unkillable! It'll just be a waste of energy! Then they'll kill us!" Theresa shouted, hoping that would get throught to him.

Jay just looked at her. He didn't really know what to say. A silence fell over the room but it was broken by the sound of clapping. The heroes all turned their attention to Billy.

" Congratulations. You've figured it out. But what are you going to do about it. Like you said we're already dead." Billy said as he stepped towards them.

" We'll fight you!" Jay said drawing his xiphos.

" Jay! WE. CAN. NOT. WIN!" Theresa said stepping in front of him and looking in to his eyes.

" Well I'm not just going to stand here while they destroy everything!" Jay retorted.

" We have to figure out how we can hurt them so we don't get ourselves killed!" Theresa said replied, lowering her voice.

" I've got it!" Archie said.

Everyone's eyes now shifted to him. He didn't say anything for a while. Then he got another idea.

" Okay, here's what we do..." he said as his teammates leaned in.

" What?" Atlanta whispered.

" RUN!" Archie shouted before he took off.

It took a while for it to register with everyone. Then the other six heroes took off after him. Despite the unbearable pain pulsing through their bodies they wore smiles on their faces. Especially Archie. He knew how to beat them. He knew how they could save everyone.

" After them!" Billy shouted to the look alikes.

Archie rounded a couple corners before finding what he needed. He hid it in his hoody then continued to run. Then he skidded to a stop as he entered a very large and dimmly lit room. He pulled out the book he had grabbed and started to rip out pages. He layed the pages in a large circle and waited for his friends.

" Hurry!" he shouted as they entered the room.

His friends stopped beside him and looked at him quizzingly. Then Archie took out a book of matches, lit one and dropped it on the circle. His friends still looked at him with confusion.

" What's that supposed to do? They can't be hurt remember?" Neil said as the circle became a large wall of fire around them.

" They can't be hurt or injured but..." Archie paused as he spotted the look alikes entering the room.

One of them dove at the wall of fire only to melt and disappear.

" ...they can be destroyed." he finished with a smile.

" So? Won't Billy just make more?" Jay asked.

" Yeah. But..." Archie trailed off again.

" ...this will buy us some time so that we can..." Theresa was starting to get was he was talking about.

" ... make a plan to get rid of them pernamently." Archie added.

" Whoa. That was kinda creepy. You two finishing each others sentences." Neil said.

" We just have to make sure that they can't get us. I brought this from the school." Archie stated as he pulled out an ancient book.

" A dusty book?" Odie asked.

" No. Well yeah it's dusty but that's not the point. This book will tell us all we need to know about defeating these guys." Archie replied.

" Okay, so start reading already." Atlanta said.

Archie sat down and flipped through the pages of the old book reading as fast as he could. Moments past before a problem arose, yet again.

" Uhhh, Archie." Herry said.

" What?" Archie asked, not looking up.

" We've got a problem." Herry replied.

Archie looked up to see the wall of fire was beginning to die down, soon they wouldn't be able to protect themselves. Soon they would be at the mercy of their unbeatable look alikes.

" Can you guys distract them?" Archie asked looking at his friends.

" Sure." Odie replied.

" Okay. Everyone keep those things away from Archie." Jay ordered before the heroes raced towards there look alikes. The wall of fire was now a circle of ash.

Since one of the look alikes had melted and disappeared it was an even match.

About half an hour went by where the heroes fought as hard as they could. They had to do whatever they could to keep Archie safe. It was hit after painful hit. Before long the heroes were driven backwards and they were tiring out.

" Found it!" Archie said proudly as he stood up.

" Finally. What do we do?" Neil asked as he dodged a hit.

" Since our look alikes are equal to us in strength and ability, we have to switch things up." Archie replied.

" Meaning...?" Herrya asked.

" Fight each other's look alikes." Archie said as he put the book back into his backpack.

" You heard him." Jay shouted.

The seven heroes began to fight someone else's look alike. Archie helped Odie who was taking on Herry's look alike. Jay took on Atlanta's, Theresa to on Jay's, Atlanta took on Neil's, Herry took on Theresa's and Neil took on Odie's. It was working. They were actually winning.

" Hey Arch?" Atlanta asked.

" Yeah?" he called back.

" I thought we couldn't hurt them?" she questioned.

" WE can't. But I know what can. Just keep pushing them backwards." Archie replied as he went back to fighting.

Now the seven young heroes had the upper hand. But they didn't know how long it would last. SIx of them were already tired. It didn't take too much longer before Archie yelled out a comand.

" Attack them once more with all you've got!" he yelled.

His teammates did so. The look alikes fell backwards and landed in a pool of water. THen they started to melt as if they were in acid.

" Gross." Neil whined as he looked down at them.

" The only thing that can destroy them is the elements. Fire, water, Earth and Air." Archie said as he turned away.

" Well I'm glad that's over." Herry said as he slumped to the ground with exhaution.

" Over? This is only the beginning." Archie said.

" What?" came the reply of everyone.

" We still have to defeat the Umbra Dominus." Archie explained.

" But Hera said there was no way to defeat it." Jay argued.

" Well I think I've got a way. Something that's so completely obvious that the gods must've overlooked it." Archie stated.

" Okay. Let's do it!" Atlanta said jumping up and walking over to Archie.

" Yeah!" Theresa joined in.

" Alright!" Neil and Odie walked over too.

" I'm in." Herry added.

" Well. I guess we'd better get started." Jay said with a smile.

" Okay. So here's what we do..." Archie explained the plan.

Everyone had a job to do. Archie's plan would only work if everything went according to it. Otherwise... it was goodbye earth.

"Everyone got it." Archie asked as he finished.

" Yeah!" they agreed.

Everyone set off to prepare for the final fight. The one that would determine who lived and who died. The fight to end all fights. The fight that would decide who would exist and who would perish.

Everyone met back in the large room minutes later. Everything was set.

" Okay. Let's go." Archie said.

The heroes were about to make their ascent to the surface when they were interupted by none other than Billy.

" Just where do you think you're going?" he asked arrogantly.

" To save the world from eternal darkness and extermination." Jay replied.

"Well, I'm afraid I can't let you do that." Billy replied, smirking.

" I'd like to see you stop us." Atlanta shot back.

Billy summoned three giant creatures that were made out of the same stuff as the look alikes. But the heroes knew that this wouldn't be as easy. They prepared for battle, once more.

They split into three teams. Archie and Atlanta, Jay and Theresa and Odie, Herry and Neil. Every group took on a creature. Archie was hit and Atlanta rushed to hit side. He was cut and losing blood. Fast. She searched through his bag and found some bandages. She quickly bandaged him and helped him up. Their creature had turned on Jay and Theresa. Atlanta and Archie raced over, with a rope in hand, and tied the monster up. Then all that could be heard was a loud sucking noise.

" Oh my god! That is so disgusting!" Atlanta protested as she watched the monster ooze out between the ropes.

The two went back to fighting. Herry had been pinned by his monster and Odie and Neil were trying to free him. Then Neil was hit and he took out his mirror to examine his injury. The refletion from the mirror blinded the monster and it stumbled back.

" Nice work Neil!" Herry exclaimed as he got up.

Over where Theresa and Jay were fighting was the worst. They had chosen the biggest, not to mention ugliest, monster to fight. Then Theresa got an idea. She looked at Jay witha smile. He looked back at her and could tell exactly what she was thinking.

" The bigger they are..." she started.

" ...the harder they fall." he finished.

Theres and Jay watched as the monster melted and disappeared.

" What the..?" Theresa didn't finish her sentence because she found the answer to her question.

The monster had landed on the ashed from the book pages. Theresa ran over there and started to gather up the ashes.

" Jay come on. Help me." she said.

Jay walked over and helped her. He didn't know what she was thinking but he trusted her.

" Go throw the ashes on the creature fighting Herry, Odie and Neil. I'll help Atlanta and Archie." she ordered.

The two went off their seperate ways. Within seconds the remaining two monsters had been defeated. Billy bubbled with rage.

" You've defeated my minions... but let's see you take on a real challenge." he said as he took a fighting stance.

" Has this guy considered anger management?" Neil asked.

This only made Billy even madder.

" Neil, let's try and not make the phsyco undead guy angry okay." Atlanta said.

Billy charged at them. The heroes couldn't fight too well. Most of them had been cut or injured while fighting his last creations. But they tried their hardest. No way were they going to stand back and watch their world be destroyed.

It wasn't long before Billy was winning. First he took out Odie. Billy had a two ended sword. He had stabbed Odie in the gut. Odie fell to the ground, dead. Then he slashed Neil across the back. Next he turned to Herry. Herry was stabbed through his right shoulder. Theresa was next to fall vitim to Billy's rage. Billy drove his weapon through her middle. She looked down to see her gaoing wound. Then everything started to fade. Jay rushed to her side.

" Theresa? Theresa? Answer me." he called her name repeatedly while he held her in his arms.

" Jay..." she could only manage to get out his name before she died in his arms.

Jay let a few tears fall onto her cheek before he layed her on the ground. He stood up, turned around and went straight for Billy. Rage, fury and determination burned inside him. He charged at Billy from behind. But Billy, being the keeper and ruler in that realm knew what was happening all around him, turned and his blade cut through Jay like nothing. But Jay didn't feel any pain. Although he knew he was dying he felt nothing. He died when Theresa did. She was his world and his life. With her gone he felt nothing. ' It can't end like this. It just can't.' Jay thought before he died.

Billy smirked at the sight of Jay slowly dying. Then her turned to face Atlanta. He raced towards her with his weapon out. But she was too fast for him. She moved to the right. He swung at her again and again she moved too fast for him. He took one final wide swing and it caught her this time. Tears formed in her eyes as everything went dark.

Now it was Archie's turn. Archie looked at Billy with the same look that had been in Jay's eyes after Theresa had died. He muttered a few inaudible words before he walked towards Billy. Slowly each step brought him closer. Billy squared off to Archie and readied his weapon to deliver the final strike to get rid of the worlds last and only hope of rescue. Archie had no weapon but he didn't care. He was going to make Billy pay for killing his friends and the girl he loved.

" This ends here!" Archie shouted as he stopped meters from Billy.

" So it does... for you anyways." Billy laughed.

Archie charged at him. Billy swung. It connected with Archie's arm. He fell to the ground holding his arm. Then he got up and turned to face Billy. Billy stabbed at Archie. The blood covered blade went right through Archie's left shoulder. Archie winced but stayed standing. He looked at Billy and grabbed the weapon. He pulled in out of his shoulder and turned it against his enemy. Billy drew another weapon. Archie made the first move and missed. He felt a slight pain surge through his body. He looked down to see that Billy had driven his blade through Archie's stomach. Billy riped the blade out and Archie fell to his knees. His last moments alive were spent looking around at a room covered with blood and the bodies of his friends. ' This can't be the end. Not like this.' Archie thought before he, like his friends, fell to ground defeated by Billy and by death.
~*~

Is this really the end? Could this be a dream? Have the heroes be killed for good? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Wow that was a long one. Ohhh.. it's so sad. :'( I cried as I wrote this chapter. This may be the end to the heroes... or it may not be. This wasn't the big fight scene either. Well... it was part of it, but there is more to come. Maybe the heroes will be in it or maybe not. I may make the next chapter Cronus against the Umbra Dominus. You just never know. Well I hope you liked it. Please Rate and Review. Constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story