Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Dangers of Curiosity

by Nixel 1 review

What could happen when nobody is around and curiosity kicks in... After all, there is a reason for people to hate Mrs. Norris. (Dark humor, R'n'R)

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Humor - Characters: Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-23 - Updated: 2006-09-24 - 596 words - Complete

1Original
I hope you will enjoy this... It's kind of sick, dark humor, so if you don't like that kind of stuff, you better not read it.

Disclaimer: We all know, what belongs to whom, so I don't get, why anyone would bother trying to claim anything...

The Dangers of Curiosity

It happened on a very warm beautiful day when the sky was blue and clear. It was early September, and the school year only started in Hogwarts. The clock showed only about ten minutes before lunchtime, and a boy, a first-year was sitting outside of the castle on the grass. Other students preferred to stay away from the heat outside and could be found in their common rooms, but this child enjoyed the air and the view of the area, especially because nobody was around to destroy the peaceful atmosphere. The boy thought about how his first year in Hogwarts could go when he heard a strange noise, sounding like something between meowing and scratching.

The first-year looked around, and couldn't see the source of the sound, so he went back to his thoughts. A few minutes after, hearing a strange sound again, the boy looked up and saw a strange picture: a cat was starting to climb the brick wall of the school building. The cat was slightly familiar: it was the one that all of the older students called Mrs. Norris, and hated beyond possible because she always tells everything to Filch. Even though the gaps between the bricks of the building made it possible for the cat to climb, it was not enough to make it easy.

After some time of climbing, which was about six minutes Mrs. Norris reached an open window on the third floor. Right after getting into the window the cat flied right back out. It took only several seconds before the cat was back at the loan. After a second the cat raised to it's paws, and began climbing the wall again. Struggling with gravity, yet improved by the exercise some time ago, the cat reached the third floor window in about the same time as before, and like the last time, it flew right out.

The first-year watched with curiosity as the hated cat went wild for about half an hour, and then finally decided to come closer to the scene. He walked the distance from his place to the wall and slightly to the left, where the cat was. Mrs. Norris was currently at the level of second floor. When the boy looked down at the lawn, he saw that there was a picture of a mouse lying on the ground. It was the one that was magically enchanted to move all over the parchment. The student picked the picture up to inspect it closer. It was a drawing which was obviously belonging to a teenager a little bit older, and talented in the art of drawing. "O-o-oh, so this is what made student's enemy act like a maniac", the boy thought.

Sensing something above him, the boy looked up and screamed. The cat landed right on his face with the claws out. Mrs. Norris did her best to scratch his face for some seconds, and then just as sudden as the attack started, it had ended. Closing the bleeding face with his hands the child rolled on the grass calling for help. At that time, the cat picked up the picture with its fangs and ran away. Turning around the corner Mrs. Norris stopped and meowed three times. It was her third victim this year…
Sign up to rate and review this story