Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > I'm still working on a title

Chapter IV

by SnowAhriman 0 reviews

Hiei and Rin have settled into a normal day to day. Sesshomaru and Hiei are geting closer...yeah just read it.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Rin, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2006-09-24 - Updated: 2006-09-24 - 1414 words

0Unrated
I don't own a single thing from IY or YYH...get over yourselves.

Chapter 4

The month Hiei had been at Sesshomaru's so far had been uneventful. Kagome headed back to the Southern Lands to continue training, increasing her already great power. When she left she promised the fire youkai that she would ask around about portal connection to help him find a way home.

Rin became a huge part of Hiei's time during the day. IN the morning during her lesson he would research and the afternoons took them to the gardens were she would pick flowers of wear herself out in some other manner while he would work one his swordsmanship. During this time Rin would stay clear of him and his katana, with out warning. The moment his katana was put away she would hug him or show off her latest floral masterpiece as Kagome had called it.

Hiei had begun to warm up to the girl. Her hugs were no long greeted with a cold shoulder and stiffening of his whole body.

"Hiei-kun," Rin said one raining afternoon.

"Hn?" He asked with his infamous snort.

"I'm bored. Will you tell me a story?" They were in the library, she was drawing something and he was catching up on his research. Sesshomaru had been out of the castle for over a week, seeming as though know Rin was safe he could spend more time on patrols.

Hiei though about it for a second then closed the book he was looking through.

"My first case with the spirit detective was..." He went on to tell his side of the battle with the Saint Beast, so of course Kuwabara was left out of it all too together. Rin was amassed by the tale; she set still and listened as Hiei told about his battle with the Ice Dragon. (1)

"But how did you move with a frozen leg?" Rin asked fearing the worst, forgetting it was the man before he that was the one she was asking about.

----

Sesshomaru came home as the rain poured over him. When he entered the main hall, he was surprised he didn't have an extra weight on his leg to a dark guardian just in the shadows.

Turning his nose up a few degrees he easily picked up on his adopted daughter's scent, following it he found them in the library. Standing outside of the door he listened to Hiei's story totally enthralled by the other youkai's voice.

At the end of the story he felt he knew the youkai a little better. The room on the other side because quite then he heard Rin's foot falls making their way to the door. She opened it, looking to the floor.

"I'm sorry I didn't greet you, Sesshomaru-sama. I was listening to Hiei-kun's story." She smiled up at him and hugged his leg. On reflex he patted her head. Hiei slowly walked up to them. He nodded his head at the Western Lord.

"All was well?"

"All was." Hiei answer the question.

Rin smiled at the two youkai in her life. The way they looked at each other was different form the last time they were together.

'Did they miss each other?'

'I believe they did.' Her future said giving her a ghostly hug.

Rin shrugged, feeling as though she was forgotten, she walked away to find Jakin. It had been a week since she had made his life hell and she as planning on fixing that.

---

Hiei's reds stared into Sesshomaru's gold, but his third eye stayed on the retreating young girl. The two visible ones could not look away for anything.

"She left," Hiei said seeing if the some times over protective 'father' wished him to follow.

"She knows what she is doing," was the answer given by the youkai who's eyes have entrapped his own.

"Do you..." Hiei started.

"No." Sesshomaru could have him leave yet. Over the last month the smaller youkai had wiggled his was into his min and had yet to show signs of leaving.

"I wish to talk to you." Sesshomaru said covering himself, he finished with. "I can hear her every move."

'As I can see it.' Hiei responded to himself, keeping on of his strengths a secret for now.

---

"You have mention a team back home," Sesshomaru said starting this little talk.

"I don't miss them, nor do I believe they miss me." Hiei said hoping he inu would not push too much.

"You also mentioned a lover." Sesshomaru said after a moment long pause.

"I don't have a lover. He was nothing more than a comrade who I though I had feeling for." Hiei said more to convince himself than the youkai across the desk from him. There were back in Sesshomaru's study. The servants had taken out the strands of flowers that had lost their luster but Rin soon would be in to replace them.

Sesshomaru mentally sighed. He too had released, after much deep thinking, that was what he felt for the monk. He was him as a means of release, where the hanyou had deep feeling for him.(2)

"Are you still trying to find a way home?" Sesshomaru asked the apparition before him. Some reason wishing for a negative answer.

"Yes, but it still isn't rewarding," Hiei said yet again, to the man that normally talked as little as he did. Even with long pauses between question it seemed as thought they were giving speeches to each other. Speaking not being their forte being men of action who lusted after a good fight and power, this was incompatible with their personalities.

Sesshomaru felt a kind of relief with Hiei's answer. "So long as you do your duties you may stay."

'Hell even if you don't do your duties you may stay' Sesshomaru thought to himself trying to remain vague and seeming uncaring even if he ad grown accustomed to having Hiei around.

Hiei answer with his eyes. Sesshomaru had resources and he need them. He had a feeling he may be working of the western lord for a while.

---

Yukina paces as she waited for Kurama and Yusuke to arrive. It had been a month and a half since Hiei left. She called Kurama's apartment, he wasn't home so she tried Yusuke's place; Yusuke said he and Kurama would be there on the next train.

"Yukina? Anyone home?" The rough voice of the detective called out to her. She slowly opened the door only to be hit with what her brother was talking about.

They smelt of each other, Kurama and Yusuke smelt as though they rolled out of bed to catch the train or better yet they bedded on the train.

Calming her anger, she walked out trying to over look the strong musky scent coming from the males.

"Yukina-chan what's the matter?" Kurama asked fearing the worst.

"It's Hiei, I think my brother may be in some real danger this time." She said to Hiei's former team mates. "He's be gone too long."

"How so, Yukina?"

"Yeah, he is always running off like this." Yusuke added to his lover's comment.

"No, you guys don't get it. He went through the portal when it was damaged. He was angry, hurt. He said a human stole something of his. I didn't know what he meant."

"Didn't?" Kurama asked. "You know now?"

"You two really should take bathes." She said finally cover her nose with the back of her hand.

The red head's eyes widened when he caught on to what she was implying.

"The portal, is it fixed now?"

"Of course, the mage that hit it with the first spell just had to go home and get the reversal." Her was still covered with her hand. "Guys, bath please."

Kurama grabbed Yusuke by the arm and pulled him to the bath house at the back of the temple. Yukina dropped her hand in relief. There was going to a great tension when her brother was home but until then let them have their fun. Yusuke many not last a single day when Hiei returned.

End Chapter

1. I don't remember the Ice Dragon's name...Oh well it wasn't that important

2. Okay the means of release is something I've used before...and was called a whore for it. Well f anyone that thinks that.

Yay another chapter finished. I posted this on FicWad before I posted it on FFN...Duh I wanted reviews on FFN.

Well until next time.
Sign up to rate and review this story