Categories > Original > Romance

Without You

by blondatheart99 0 reviews

My name is Mae. Sometimes, I think all I feel now is sadness. I used to be a happy, loud, crazy person, now I am just an empty shell of the person I used to be, always trying not to cry. Then he l...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2006-09-24 - Updated: 2006-09-25 - 468 words - Complete

0Unrated
My name is Mae. Sometimes, I think all I feel now is sadness. I used to be a happy, loud, crazy person, now I am just an empty shell of the person I used to be, always trying not to cry. All because he left. He didn't mean to leave, and he didn't want to leave. But he was taken from us. When he went, my heart went with him, and shattered into a million tiny shards. He wasn't one of those popular jerk jocks, he was funny and kind, and could always make me happy, and laugh. He was always up for a laugh, or a drink with friends.Our Senior year we were voted " Cutest Couple". That all changed. My life turned upside down and backwards by one speeding car.


We were at a party, but we didn't know many people there so we decided that he would drive us back to my house and we would watch some movies. On the way home, we sang along to the radio, laughing, since neither of us were good singers. We were halfway through the intersection when another car ran the light and slammed into the drivers side.


I woke up in a hospital bed. I asked if I could see him, I hadn't realized how bad of an accident it really was. The doctors said I had gotten lucky. My mother came into my room and, crying, tore my world apart but telling me the two worst words I could ever be told. I stayed in the hospital for a couple weeks, trying not to break down. I know he would have wanted me to be happy and live my life, but sometimes it's so hard. Like when I hear the ad we always used to laugh about, or the tickets came for the P!ATD concert we would have gone to. His funeral. I was amazed that from the surface, the world seemed unchanged by his passing. Because he left such a big hole in my life, I felt like the world would have a big hole too. Like the flowers would be less bright, or the oak tree less tall, the grass less green. I try to live without him. I am not sure how, but I must. For him.

Without You
The Ground Thaws
The Rain Falls
The Grass Grows

Without You
The Seeds Root
The Flowers Bloom
The Children Play

The Stars Gleam
The Eagles Fly
Without You

The Earth Turns
The Sun Burns
But I Die
Without You

Without You
The Breeze Warms
The Girls Smile
The Cloud Moves

Without You
The Tides Change
The Oceans Crash

The Crowd Roars
The Days Soar
The Babies Cry
Without You

The Moon Glows
The River Flows
But I Die
Without You

Lyrics from RENT
Sign up to rate and review this story