Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Different Names for the Same Thing

Chapter 16

by howshesews 5 reviews

sdghdfghjkdfghjkhgdfjghdjfhnoskjdfhsdjkf

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-09-24 - Updated: 2006-09-25 - 1573 words

0Unrated
Alright. It didn't take long to find an apartment. It was actually the easiest apartment hunt I'd ever been on, which isn't saying a whole lot considering I've only been on 2...counting this one, but still, I was surprised at how quickly I found an apartment. I was in the city for a day when I found the perfect little spot for me about a block from the metro. Peter said AP would love that I was so close to such a cool venue. Honestly, I know nothing about the Metro. The best thing about my apartment is the fact that it's three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 office, and an incredibly large living area. The kitchen's pretty cool too, but I don't cook, so I mostly just need a refrigerator and a microwave. Pete and Joe, along with Andy, were thrilled at the excess amount of space in my happy home, which is where I'm writing you from, because I truly think they think they're welcome here anytime. They pretty much are, as long as they don't tell Patrick I'm here. It's weird that after 2 months he stills affects me so much. The notion I mentioned in my previous entry isn't gone, and as the days pass, it gets stronger, and I get more nervous. I can't imagine what the hell is going to happen, but it better not be bad. I don't have the time or energy or heart to deal with it. I'm sure I'll be fine, and after expressing my concern to Peter, he's sure I'll be fine too. He gets a little twitchy when I bring it up, so we'll just sort of tiptoe around the subject until I can get some real answers out of him. Right now, I'm about to go decorate with Andy and Joe, so I'll be with you all later. Peace.




I knew it. I knew there was something Peter wasn't telling me. Patrick and Meg aren't together anymore. In fact, they haven't been together since the day before I told Joe and Peter I had gotten a new job, and apparently, Patrick has been trying to contact me, and apparently, Andy let it slip that I'm in the city. I haven't really been answering my phone or door, and I can't see myself doing so anytime soon. I'm ridiculous. It's like I'm under some self-inflicted house arrest. I leave for work and food. It's New York City all over again. Have I mentioned how happy I am to be out of there? I decided that Chicago is colder than New York, though, and as Halloween quickly approaches, I'm learning to never leave without being mildly bundled. Holy shit, I love the cold. My Dad is still sending sweet checks containing even more money because he thinks I need help getting back on my feet in a new city. Dude must think I don't save a penny, because I'm seriously swimming in savings right now. It's nice. I'm not stressed about finances or anything. Mostly, the only thing stressing me out, is avoiding Patrick. I also am a little stressed out about my new job. I'm kind of the person who tracks down artists and asks them annoying questions. I have a tool though, that I use, and it's called a Pete Wentz. If I'm going to be after some amazing musician who probably doesn't want to talk to me, I just bring a long Peter and all of a sudden they're more than happy to answer any questions I may have. AP loves me.Mostly, right now, I've been spending a lot of time with Joe, which is weird, because we've never really been that close, but he still has this insane faith in the whole Patrick/C.J. thing. I have to believe in it the way Joe does, so I let his faith rub off on me by spending tons of time with him. I really don't mind. Today we walked around downtown. He loves to show me around the city, and he's a terrific tour guide, but we mostly just walk around pointlessly for hours, and talk. It's a great way to spend your day. I'm sure you all believe me.

"Ceej, what made you apply for our tour." I smiled and looked at the sidewalk.

"My old job. I didn't even know who was headlining it. And when I found out, I really didn't care."

"Weird. Dirty was obsessed with your application. He said he had a feeling about you. He made us all read it and wanted us to be as excited as he was, but we really didn't think anything of it. Well, except for Pete."

"What did Pete think."

"Pete thought you were a liar. He said that anyone who had supposedly done road crew for My Chem. should never want to do road crew again."

"Pete was right." Joe laughed and tightened his jacket.

"It's fucking cold. Are we ever going to find somewhere indoors to walk around?"

"You know this place better than I do."

"I'm glad you're here, Ceej."

"I'm glad I'm here too. It's weird to think that if I had never met you guys, I would still be stuck in New York doing a job I hated and keeping completely to myself. You guys turned my fucking world upside down. How the hell?"

"Originally, I had nothing to do with that. I thought you were alright at first, but nothing like what Patrick or Pete saw in you. I'm still not sure I see you the way Patrick does bu-"

"Did." I corrected. But then I heard a voice from behind Joe.

"Does." Peter. "And you need to talk to him."

"Hell, no. Don't even suggest it."

"Alright. Well. You better not go home."

"Fuck you. I have work to do-" Then it hit me. Pete had sent Patrick to my house.

"Pete, what did you do?" Peter and I always made Joe so uncomfortable. He was watching the sidewalk like it might run away.

"What a good friend should do. I'm not saying go be in love. I'm saying go get your best friend back. He's ready to be forgiven, and I know you're ready to forgive." I sighed.

"Alright. Sorry to cut our walk short, Joe." Joe just smiled at me.

"It's not big deal. It's a big city, and I've got plenty of time to show you." I said goodbye, and started the short walk home, with Pete close behind.

"What if this all goes to hell, Peter? I can't deal with that again."

"It's been 3 months. You've got to face it. I know you're ready. And he misses you." I didn't really see how that was possible. Did Patrick really even know me anymore? I wondered. Peter didn't. We were walking up the stairs to my apartment, and Peter walked me to my door.

"Good luck. You'll be fine. I know it." He hugged me and instructed me to call him before walking down the steps into the cold Chicago evening. I was shaking. I didn't know if I could do this. I not-so-steadily unlocked the door, and there he was, sitting on my couch, watching television. He turned to face me and quickly stood. Then, he did something that really surprised me.

"Caroline. You have no idea how sorry I am." He hugged me tighter and longer than he ever had. I was reluctant at first, but eventually, I relaxed into the hug, and came really close to crying. How fucking lame.

"I really do, Patrick, because I'm sorry too. I've missed you so much. Please don't let this happen again." I held out my pinky. He linked his with my own. I smiled.

"I won't if you won't. I should tell you, because I don't know if you trust me, that I understand if you're timid about being my friend again. I know that I made it seem like our friendship wasn't worth anything, but I want you to know that it was. It still is. It was worth so much to me that I didn't want to do anything to break it. I was too cautious, and I'm sorry. We're real friends, and real shit is going to happen. I guess I kind of understand that a little better now. You're one of my best friends, and I'm here. And I'm not going anywhere." I smiled.

"I'm here too. Literally. I'm in Chicago for good. We don't have to travel for fucking ever to see each other." He laughed.

"That should make things a little easier. I'm glad you're here." I probably blushed.

"I'm more glad you're here. Just...don't go anywhere again, okay?"

"I already told you I wouldn't."

And now, here I am, sitting in front of my television on my King size bed Joe had to buy for me, listening to Patrick sleep and thinking I should probably change into PJ's and go to bed. We thought it would be a good idea to watch 'The Goonie's' but it was the worst idea ever, because it's not even halfway over, and wuss is asleep. What matters most to me right now, is Patrick is back in my life, and this time, I don't think he's going anywhere. Seriously, though. I'm tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow.












Note: Guys, seriously. I'm losing steam. please review. I need to know if you're all still interested,
Sign up to rate and review this story