Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I remember

Chapter 1

by LOVELA 0 reviews

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-26 - 845 words

1Original
I remember the very first time I had met him...
I walked into the room unsure of where I should sit.

"Can I help you?" the male teacher with thick black glasses asked looking at me rather annoyed that I had interrupted his class.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to be here I guess," I said looking straight at him and handing him the paper that stated I was a transfer student.

"Oh, well," he said looking up at the class room. "You can have a seat next to Mr. Wentz in the back. He was with another pair, but you two can be lab partners now," he said pointing to a kid in the back whose head popped up when he heard his name.

"Thanks," I said quietly and walked over to the table and took a seat next to him avoiding the long curious glances I got from other students. He looked up slightly and smiled at me, but went back to scribbling furiously in his notebook. I kind of smiled back at him and caught a glance at his notebook. It definitely wasn't chemistry notes he was taking. I just shook my head and began to doodle myself.

"All right class. Get to work on your lab. You have forty-five minutes," the teacher said loudly.

I took a deep breath and looked at the boy sitting next to me.

"I'm Pete," he said introducing himself.

"Isabelle, but everyone calls me Izzy. I was actually expecting the teacher to make me stand in front of the class and make me tell my whole life story," I said relieved that he didn't.

"Oh, not Mr. Sour. He doesn't care," Pete said looking down. I just nodded. "That sounded bad. He doesn't care about any of his students, I mean," he said talking quickly.

"I get it," I said shortly.

Pete was a preppy kid, wearing khaki shorts and a red and blue striped polo. His hair was clean cut and he was built like a soccer player, I would guess. I on the other hand was in my "grunge rock" phase in that 9th grade class where I met him. I had on jeans with holes everywhere and a plain shirt with a plaid shirt tied around the waist. We definitely didn't look as though we would become friends.

"Mr. Wentz? Are you and miss, I'm sorry I forgot your last name, working!?" the teacher yelled.

"It's Brady, and yeah, we have it under control," I said back. Pete looked at me quite shocked.

"Wow, I've never seen anyone talk back to Mr. Sour like that," he said walking with me to get supplies for our lab project.

"Well, good god, chemistry isn't life. He needs to chill," I said annoyed. Pete just smiled at me and laughed.

"Yeah, I guess you are right," he said shrugging and grabbing supplies.

The class went by quickly and Pete and I talked slightly about school during the whole process. I found out that Pete was indeed in soccer and was an overall good student. He found out that I had moved from Central Minnesota to Illinois due to my mom having to change jobs, since the one she had got sent overseas. I had lived in the same place my entire life, so this whole transition was new.

Pete just nodded again after I was done speaking.

"Well, if you ask me, I think you will do just fine. Mr. Sour is one of the hardest teachers to get along with in this entire school. If you can handle him, you can handle anything," he said sounding very impressed.

"I think I'll take that as a compliment," I said laughing at his reaction.

"You should," he said blushing a little. We packed up our supplies just as the bell had rang.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow," I said jetting off in search of my next class. I quickly stopped at my locker to recompose myself for the next event.

"I don't have practice tonight since we have a game," Pete started and startled me.

"Jesus, you scared me!" I said grabbing my chest.

"I'm sorry," he said apologetically. I thought he wasn't going to finish what he was saying due to embarrassment.

"What were you saying?" I asked him.

"I don't have practice tonight because we have a game, and I was thinking since you are new here and don't know anyone, that maybe you would like company on your way home from school. That is if you are in reasonable walking distance." I looked at him contemplating what to say. He seems nice enough, not to mention he is completely adorable.

"Sure, do you just want to meet me by my locker after school?" I asked smiling at him because it looked as though he was holding his breath.

"Yeah, sounds good. Have a good first day," he said now smiling bigger than I had seen before. I just looked back in my locker now letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
Sign up to rate and review this story