Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 8

by LOVELA 0 reviews

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-26 - 1641 words

1Exciting
Andy drove our giggly group home at around 4:00 in the morning after we had our share of beer and who knows what Joe had been smoking.

"Oh my God. I would pay money just to see Joe dancing with that girl again," Pete said laughing uncontrollably.

I looked over at Joe who was passed out against the passenger window.

"I'm gonna put money down that he doesn't remember her," I said trying to see if he was still breathing. The window was fogging up, so it was a sure bet.

"Oh, I can't wait to tell him," Pete said almost giddy.

"Make sure I'm there when you do it. I love watching Joe squirm," I said laughing with Pete.

"You two are evil," Andy said laughing quietly in the driver's seat. Ady had passed out on his shoulder.

"Your point being?" I asked him.

"Just stating a fact," he said simply.

I smiled contently and leaned back against Pete.

"Thanks for coming out tonight," I said looking up at him as I leaned against his chest.

"Thanks for talking me into coming out tonight. It was fun," he smiled down on me. I got comfortable against his chest and soon passed out along with the others.

---------

I woke up to an earthquake, or what I thought was an earthquake, but it turned out Pete trying to get out of the car without waking me up.

"Sorry, Izzy," he said looking at me apologetically.

"No, it's ok," I said looking around and noticed that we were in front of Pete's house.

"Are your parents going to freak that you are coming home at 5:00 in the morning?" I asked him quietly.

"They won't be awake yet. I'll call you later," he said and kissed my forehead gently. I just nodded due to the fact that I was too tired to answer. Andy waited until he was safely inside before driving me to my home.

----------

The next Friday, Andy, Ady, Joe, and I went to Pete's soccer game as we always did on Friday evenings.

"Did ya hear that Pete got caught coming home at the ass crack of dawn last weekend?" Andy said to the gang.

"Oh yeah, we heard about it alright. All fucking week," Joe said back. Andy was lucky due to the fact that he wasn't in school anymore.

"I guess his dad was pretty pissed that he came home with eye-liner on his face," I said shaking my head in disgust. I had only met his parents a couple of times because I hated being around parents, so I avoided them at all costs. There was something about his dad that gave me a bad vibe.

"You would think he would be upset about the time, not the makeup," Adrianne said joining the conversation.

"Who knows? Parents are odd," I said shrugging. The gang agreed and proceeded to watch the game.

Pete had really improved in his past two years of soccer. He was now starting and top scorer of the team. It was obvious in his presence that he worked his ass off on the field and gave 110 percent. I was mesmerized when I watched him play. It was difficult for me to keep a conversation or even take my eyes off of him. He definitely gave a good show.

After winning the game, we all stood up to go talk to Pete.

"So is he grounded or what?" Ady asked as we started to walk out to the field.

"Naw. His parents don't ground. I guess they just get really pissed, yell a little, and that's that," I said shrugging.

We stood back as his parents gave him hugs and congratulated him on the great game. We all nodded to them as they walked past us. His dad was not looking very impressed.

"Hey guys," he said smiling.

"Good game," I said to him quietly.

"Yeah man. Way to kick ass," Joe said slapping him a high five.

"Thanks," he said smiling.

"So, you up to coming to my place for a while?" Andy asked not sure if Pete was on 'probation' or not.

"Sure. I'll meet you guys there," he said nodding at us. He obviously wasn't in much trouble.

"I'll wait for you if you want," I said to him, so he wouldn't have to go alone.

"Alright. I'll meet you by the locker rooms," he said and then turned to leave for the locker room.

I stood at the locker rooms waiting for what felt like two hours. What the hell does he do in there? I stood there thinking quietly to myself when finally he came out of the locker room. He had on tight jeans and a red t-shirt with a snug hoodie in which he had the hood on his head. Ever since the rave he had worn eye-liner after school and when we were hanging out. For some reason he didn't wear it to school. I let him have one of my pencils and he must have practiced putting it on because it looked good.

"Finally!" I said annoyed.

"Sorry. Take a pill," he said giving me a big smile.

"Do you just stand there in front of the mirror and stare? Because, honestly. It shouldn't take you so long in there," I said pointing to the doors of the locker room.

"Well, if you looked as good as me, wouldn't you?" he asked nudging me in the arm and smiled even bigger.

"Let's just go," I said rolling my eyes at him trying not to smile.

When we got to Andy's the whole gang was there, even Carrie. I just glanced at her quickly and noticed her eyes sparkle when she saw Pete. He says that they haven't done anything since about six months ago, but I wasn't so sure.

"Pete, hey," Carrie said walking up to us. She blocked me out of the conversation quickly acting as though I wasn?t there. I just walked over towards the couches. I was in no mood to fight with Carrie or Pete.

"Izzy, wanna play?" Joe asked standing next to me pointing towards the N64. We had a severe competition going with the Mario Kart.

"You're going down, Trohman," I said nodding at him.

We sat down and the games had begun. Soon Ady and Andy were watching up compete.

"Dammit!" Joe yelled when I had beaten him yet again.

"Shit, Joe. She's kicking your ass hard core," Andy said laughing.

"I've notice," he mumbled. I had been so into the game, I hadn't noticed that everyone there had been watching our competition.

"This is so childish," I heard from behind me. I knew that I didn't need to turn around to see who had said it or what look was on her face.

"Carrie, shut up. Izzy kicks major ass and you're just jealous,? Joe said back. Joe was one of the only guys who defended me when it came to her.

"Fuck you," she said sounding insulted. I just held my breath to see how Joe was going to react to that.

"Why don't you go bitch somewhere else. We don't need it here," he said turning to look at her now.

"Joe, hey. Be nice," Pete said feeling as though he just needed to get in on this conversation.

"No Pete. I'm sick of her coming around thinking she can treat Izzy like shit. It's bullshit! If no one else is going to say something, then I will," Joe said getting pretty hyped up about the whole conversation.

"You don't want me here, then fine. I'm outie," she said and turned to leave.

I just rolled my eyes and shook my head never taking my eyes off the TV screen through that whole scene. Ever since that girl had seen the movie "Clueless," she had been clueless herself.

"Should I go after her?" Adrianne asked quietly.

"No, she'll be fine," Pete said back. I was surprised that he didn't go after her.

"Sorry Andy. I didn't mean to be so rude in your place, but I can't stand that Bitch," Joe said still frustrated.

"It's cool man. You were just speaking what I think almost everyone was thinking," he said shrugging and putting his arm around Ady.

"Sorry Izzy," Joe said quietly and nudging me in the elbow. I looked over at him.

"No, thank you. I'm glad someone finally did it," I said looking slightly over at Pete. He just rolled his eyes at me and sighed deeply.

"I'm out of here, you guys," he said getting annoyed with the whole situation. My heart sank at this. He was going after her. I knew it.

"Do you want a ride?" he asked touching my shoulder. My head jolted up and I looked at him. He didn't look pissed. I just nodded my head slightly and set the controller down.

"Thanks for letting me kick your ass, Joe," I said walking over his feet.

"Yeah, anytime," he mumbled again forgetting for a moment that he had gotten beat by a girl.

Pete and I walked quietly to his car. I really wanted to know what he was thinking.

"I know that she rags on you a lot," he said looking at me from the other side of the car. I just nodded at him. I didn't know what he was expecting me to say.

"I don't know why I don't defend you. I don't know why I can't stand up to her. I just can't." he said. His eyes had said all the apologies he had wanted to say.
"I know," I said nodding my head slightly.

We drove home in silence, but it was a good silence. It was comfortable. I smiled contently to myself. It seemed as though things were finally getting back to normal.
Sign up to rate and review this story