Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

A New Comrade

by story_master 4 reviews

Someone surprising joins sides with the heroes. Who is it?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-29 - 947 words

1Exciting
Tory: Yay! it's a long weekend! That means lots of chapters can be written!
Ferrets: Tory doesn't own CotT though she wishes she did.
Tory: on with the story..


For the longest time no one spoke. No one moved. It was if time was standing still. Then the smoke finally cleared and the heroes could clearly see that their plan had not worked. Dissappointment washed over them. They had failed and now they had to pay the worst consequense ever... elimination.

Theresa suddenly stumbled backwards and fell to the ground, her hands at her head. The others rushed over to her. Suddenly a smirk spread across her face. She knew how to win. The others looked down at her quizically but they all knew that smile.

" So.. what do we do?" Jay asked as he helped her up.

" First we need a distraction." Theresa stated as she looked at Neil and Herry.

" Us? Are you crazy?"" Atlanta asked.

" No. But you two are the fastest. You only need to distract him." Theresa replied.

Atlanta and Archie surrendered and ran towards the Umbra Dominus screaming.

" So, what do you need us to do?" Herry asked.

" I need you guys to gather supplies for us." Theresa replied.

" Supplies? Like what?" Neil asked.

" I need you guys to get a large satellite dish and a stage light." Theresa answered.

" What about us?" Odie asked refering to him and Jay.

" We are going to help Odie build a power source." Theresa said to Jay.

" Power source?" Jay was consfused but he trusted her.

" Yeah. Can you do it Odie?" Theresa said.

" No problem. How big a power source you need?" he replied.

" A huge one." she replied.

Theresa, Jay and Odie collected the needed supplies. Then they started to work. Within fifteen minutes they were finished and Neil and Herry were back.

" Okay. Now what?" Herry asked.

" Now we put it all together." Theresa simply replied.

" What exactly is IT?" Neil asked.

" A giant light." Theresa replied.

" A giant light!? Odie tries to freeze THAT thing and it doesn't work. So now you want to blind it?" Neil asked his voice was shrill.

" Not blind him. But what drives away shadows?" she stated.

" Light." they replied, still not understanding her plan.

" Well the Umbra Dominus is like a giant shadow so..." she said.

" So the giant light is exactly what we need to drive away a giant shadow." Odie finished.

They started to build it and in an hour they were done. Then Jay's PMR sounded.

" Are... you .... guys.... almost... done?" Archie asked through gasps for air.

Jay looked to Theresa who gave him a thumbs up.

" Yeah. You guys can come back now." Jay replied before putting his PMR back in his pocket.

Before long Atlanta and Archie were with the others.

" What.. is... THAT?" Atlanta asked.

" Our weapon to take him down." Theresa replied.

Jay explained the plan. Once he once done the ground started to shake. Everyone looked around and spotted the Umbra Dominus heading straight for them. He held up his hand and threw something towards the teens. They dove out of the way and the object hit their giant light.

The Umbra Dominus prepared to throw something else at them when he was sturck by something and knocked off balance. The heroes looked behind them and saw Cronus! Theiur mouths dropped open as he walked towards them. They got up and prepared for a battle.

" Put your weapons down! I'm not here to fight YOU!" Cronus said as he stopped in front of them.

No one believed him. They all stayed in place and eyed him suspicously.

" Why should we trust you?" Altanta asked.

" Because for once we are on the same side." Cronus replied.

" What?" The teens were once again shocked.

" You see.. I have an ancient score to settle with the Umbra Dominus and if I can't rule this world then NO ONE can!" the evil god replied.

" We need his help." Theresa said out of nowhere.

Everyone became even more shocked, if that's possible.

" What?" they asked.

" In my vision I saw ALL of us fighting the Umbra Dominus." Theresa replied.

" Just stay out of my way and I won't hurt you. For now we have a temporary truce." Cronus said before walking away.

" Are you crazy!?" Archie asked Theresa once Cronus had started fighting the Umbra Dominus.

" Yeah. He's the enemy." Neil added.

" Maybe so. But we have a common enemy. If we don't join together and fight side by side all is lost. It's only for a while until we beat the Umbra Dominus. Then things will go back to normal. It's not like we have to fight with him or work with him. We just have to not fight against him." Theresa argued.

" She's right." Jay said, understanding what she meant.

" Fine." the others reluctantly agreed.

" Odie can you fix the light?" Jay asked.

" I think so but it will take a while." he replied.

" Okay. You and Neil fix it. The rest of us are going to fight." Jay ordered.

They grabbed their weapons and went to join Cronus in battle against the only thing worse than him, the Umbra Dominus.
~*~

Will they succeed this time? Is Cronus actually going to fight fair? Or will he double cross them? Find out in the next chapter.

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry that one was a little short. i'll try to make the next one a lot longer. Anyway... Hope you liked it. I know that Cronus seems a little OOC but it all has a part in my story so bear with me. Please R+R and constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story