Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Mixed Tape

Hide and Seek

by howshesews 0 reviews

dfjghjdkfhgjkhg. stop it. you're not getting one.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-09-30 - Updated: 2006-09-30 - 1554 words

0Unrated
2. Hide and Seek




Where are we? What the hell is going on?
The dust has only just begun to fall,
Crop circles in the carpet, sinking, feeling.
Spin me round again and rub my eyes.
This can't be happening.
When busy streets a mess with people
would stop to hold their heads heavy.

Hide and seek.
Trains and sewing machines.
All those years they were here first.

Oily marks appear on walls
Where pleasure moments hung before.
The takeover, the sweeping insensitivity of this
still life.

Hide and seek.
Trains and sewing machines. (Oh, you won't catch me around here)
Blood and tears,
They were here first.

Mmm, what you say?
Mm, that you only meant well? Well, of course you did.
Mmm, what you say?
Mm, that it's all for the best? Ah off course it is.
Mmm, what you say?
Mm, that it's just what we need? And you decided this.
Mmm what you say?
What did she say?

Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth.
Mid-sweet talk, newspaper word cut-outs.
Speak no feeling, no I dont believe you.
You don't care a bit. You don't care a bit.

Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth.
Mid-sweet talk, newspaper word cut-outs.
Speak no feeling, no I don't believe you.
You don't care a bit. You don't care a bit.

You don't care a bit.
You don't care a bit.
You don't care a bit.
You don't care a bit.
You don't care a bit.




Cass,
Obviously, I chose this due to its application to us. Jessica wasn't anything. She isn't anything. You are, and I think she understands that. I don't know that I care if she doesn't. I'm sorry about what happened. I can't justify it, and I can't say it was an accident. I think we both know better. Welcome to the beginning. I chose the first song for reminiscent reasons. I think I wanted to break you. I know that sounds horrible, but the purpose of me placing "She's lost Control" at the beginning was strictly to make you think of a time where you needed me, because right now, I'm probably the last thing you need. I don't want to be your downfall, and I don't want you to keep listening if that's all I'll end up being. I want to be your drug. I want to be inside your veins; under your skin. Here's my apology. Here's our beginning and end. There are 10 more songs that hopefully will lead you back to...just.....here are ten more songs. Please don't quit on me just yet.


-Peter



He was right about one thing. He was her downfall. She knew he knew that, and she knew he was trying to redeem himself; he wanted to be anything...everything, but that. She stopped the tape after the song was over, and sat down on the couch. She was right. It had been one of those nights, and even though it hadn't ended like she had planned, it still left her head spinning, and her heart swollen. Her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Alright, Cassandra. Spill." Anna.

"Hey, Anna. I lost."

"That stupid, son of a bitch. I swear-"

"Anna. He didn't hurt me or anything. I wouldn't let him." Lies. "But he gave me a mix tape awhile back, and now he says to talk to him after I finish listening to it."

"Did he apologize for jumping the bones of what's-her-face?" Cassandra sort of smiled.

"For the billionth time. No surprise. And what's even less surprising, is the fact that I told him to stop. I told him it was because actions speak louder than words or some other shit like that. Mostly, it's because if I stop hearing about it, I can look at him long enough to consider being his friend again. Maybe I'll want to after this tape is over."

"Don't let him guilt you into anything. He's done it too much. He does it every time you talk."

"Not true, Anna. We'd be friends already if he were capable of that. But he's not. So I'm not worried about it."

"What are you doing right now?" Anna asked her this out of nowhere.

"I'm laying on my couch make shapes out of the ceiling plaster. Why?"

"Come get some food with me."

"I can't. I have to do inventory. And place a whole bunch of purchase orders. I'll call you in the morning."

"Alright. We'd have a fucking good dinner, but whatever." Cassandra laughed.

"I'm sure, and I'm so sorry to pass up the opportunity, but work calls. Good bye, Anna."

"Bye, dude." They hung up. Just as she set her cordless back on it's base, it rang again.

"Ugh. What the hell?" Anna picked up the phone. Unknown number.

"I shouldn't answer." She sent it straight to the answering machine.

"Hey, Cassandra. It's Patrick. We're in town. I, uh, think you know that already. Pete's here, so I know you know that already. Just seeing if you were hungry. Call-"

"Hey." Cassandra had decided Patrick would be a great person to talk to.

"Oh, you're home." She laughed.

"Yeah, just...scanning my calls." He laughed.

"Since when?"

"Since my Caller ID said the number was unknown. I mostly don't need to hear from Pete right now. I thought it could have been him." Patrick started laughing. "It's not that funny."

"You called him Pete. It sounds almost as unnatural as my mom singing Fall Out Boy. Anyway, are you going to get food with me? I thought you might need someone to talk to."

"Well, I have invento-"

"Alright, I'll be there in ten minutes." He hung up. That was typical Patrick. Oh, well.

Ten minutes later he pulled into her driveway. He was stupid prompt all the time. She walked outside as he got out of his car.

"You're annoying." She said, as she got in the car.

"Why, cause I'm on time? That makes zero sense, Cassi, way to go." She laughed.

"I guess I'm used to Peter being 20 minutes late everywhere. Sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I'm not Peter. I'm on time for things. Usually early."

"Good. How's C.J.?" Patrick smiled.

"She's doing well. She's freaking out about the wedding, though. It seem like everyday there's something else. What color this has to be, or what size place setting or what to do with the bridesmaid's hair...It's annoying. I'm especially glad it's the girl's job." Cassandra laughed.

"I'm sure she's excited. Do you know when I need to be fitted for my dress?" Patrick laughed.

"I don't know any of that. I don't really care. All I care about is Caroline, and making sure she is eventually my wife. She's so stressed though, and I wish she would just chill."

"She won't. Not until the day after the wedding. Then, she'll be back to the Caroline you know and love." They parked and got out. As soon as they were seated, they ordered their drinks and talked.

"It's nice to eat with someone who isn't a vegetarian. It gives me a little more liberty when it comes to picking restaurants."

"I want that. I want someone who I fight with about that ki-"

"Cass, it sounds like you've got that. When are you and Pete not fighting?"

"You're right. Lately, that's all we do. He made me a tape."

"He rearranged that play list and added then omitted songs about a million times before he would let me leave it at your house. Listen to it. He worked hard."

"I can tell he put a lot of thought into the arrangement, but I don't know how a compilation of songs is going to convince me to love him forever and ever. Doesn't it seem a little ridiculous to you?" She took a drink of her water.

"No. You have a lot to work off of, and that makes it a very legitimate plan. No worries. It's going to be fine. I've learned from experience to just give it time. That's your only option. Don't think it's scary. Because then you'll quit. I don't want you to quit. I need Pete to be happy again. He's been a bitch. And you need to be happy again, because you're the only girl we can stand taking on tour with us. Besides Ceej, of course." Cassandra laughed. Easier said than done...the whole 'happiness' thing.

They ate and talked and talked and ate until they both decided Cassandra needed to get home.

"Tell Andy and Joe I said hey. Thanks for taking me. And talking to me. I really needed that."

"Anything to get the old Cassandra back. This new one is kind of boring. And sad. No one likes a boring, sad person." Cassandra flipped him off, and went inside.

As she walked into her living room, she decided to hit up the tape deck and see what other surprises Peter had for her. He had a plan. He knew what he was doing, otherwise the arrangement and track list wouldn't have been so careful.

How the hell could one tape, recycled, and worn, change her mind?








note: i don't like this chapter very much. feedback, please. uh, i think the next chapter is moderately...risque. it's sort of a first for me.
Sign up to rate and review this story