Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Revenge of the Giant

Freeing the Giant

by Thiaf 2 reviews

Cronus has now freed Otus, the giant that was killed by Artemis long ago. Otus is now out for his revenge, but he knows that he cannot kill the goddess Artemis, so he was given an alternative: Atla...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-26 - Updated: 2006-09-26 - 641 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans.

I will update this every week.

I know there's a few plot holes to the myth below and that's because of the what I didn't find and I don't want to make anything up that's not true and get people upset.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revenge of the Giant

Freeing the Giant

Cronus was able to avoid detection from by Charon, the ferryman, and Cerberus, the three-headed hound of Hades. Cronus was here to find Otus, the Giant demi-god, son of Poseidon. Otus loved Artemis, the goddess, and wanted to marry her. He even stormed old Olympious with his twin brother, Ephialtis, once and was successful in capturing the god of war, Ares, in a bronze jar for over a year.

It was Artemis, and Artemis alone who defeated Otus and Ephialtis. She tricked them by coming to Otus and his twin brother and said that she had accepted Otus' proposal. Ephialtis loved Hera, and still had no reply from her. He grew jealous and the twin brothers fought over for Artemis. Artemis waited for them to get into a position she wanted and transformed into a white doe. She came between the brothers in that form and both threw their spears at the doe -trying to impress Artemis with their hunting skills-, but Artemis swiftly jumped out of the way and the spears struck each of the brothers and they died.

Cronus knew where Otus would be. He and his brother would be seated back against a pillar, bound by snakes, and guarded by a screech owl that was suspended high above the pillars.

"Cronus!"

Cronus looked to the voice and saw his son Hades.

"Hello, son," Cronus greeted.

"What're you doing here?" Hades demanded. "Coming back where you belong?"

"No, I'm here to find Otus."

"What would you want him for?"

"To let Otus get his revenge on the goddess Artemis."

"He won't have his revenge when I'm here to oppose you!"

"Hades, do you actually believe I'm here to fight? That's why I have minions. ATTACK HADES!" Cronus ordered his giants.

Cronus' minions, the giants, appeared from their hiding places and battles Hades.

"These won't get in my way Cronus," Hades told him, but Cronus was already running away from Hades.

One of the giants ran at Hades and Hades grabbed the giant's arm and threw him at one of the other giants. Another giant from behind Hades punched him from behind the head and the blow was heavy enough to knock out the god of the Underworld.

Cronus was pleased that his giants didn't fail him this time and he was close in on the columns where the brothers were. Before he could reach the giants, he was stopped by the owl that guarded them, but this screech owl was no match for a god. With one strike of Cronus' sickle, the owl fell to the ground, lying injured.

Cronus smiled and approached the twin giants.

"Otus, Ephialtis, how are you two?" Cronus asked the two.

"What do you want?" Ephialtis asked grumpily.

"Do you, Otus, want revenge on Artemis for killing you and your brother?"

"Why?" Otus asked suspiciously.

"I can give you it, with my help and strategy, you'll be able to achieve your revenge through Artemis' descendant."

Otus agreed and Cronus freed Otus from his snakes by cutting them off with his sickle.

"What about me?" Ephialtis complained.

"You're staying here," Cronus told him. "Tell Persephone your story about us when she visits Hades later today. She'll need an explanation for why her husband is missing. How do you feel Otus?"

Otus smirked. Finally free...

He let out a great cry of triumph in the air.

"Artemis! You will pay!"


----------------------------------------------------------------------
I left Campe out of there because in the actal myth, she's dead and she actually worked for Cronus.
Sign up to rate and review this story