Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

The Rise Of Cronus

by story_master 3 reviews

Jay has a horrible nightmare but he soon finds out it was just a dream. Or maybe not.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-08 - Updated: 2006-10-09 - 1341 words

2Exciting
Tory: Here's the next chapter. Hope you like it.
Ferrets: Tory doesn't own CotT but she does own her stories and us.
Tory: I really hate that stupid disclaimer. Oh well. On with the story...


Jay tossed and turned all night. His dreams poisoned by evil. The loss of blood had rendered him unconsious so he had no choice but to face his nightmares. In Jay's dream, or rather nightmare, he faced what he feared... letting everyone down and losing Theresa and his friends.

' Jay was running. He was running towards a light at the end of a tunnel. But it felt as if each step he took forward the tunnel's end was that much farther away. Then he felt like he was falling. Then he hit something. Hard. Jay raised his head to see his friends standing in a circle around him. It was very dim so he couldn't really see their faces. But he knew it was them. Then they stepped out of the dim light so Jay couldn't see them.

" Hey guys. Where are we?" Jay asked as he stood up.

" It's all your fault Jay." Atlanta's voice was harsh and unforgiving.

" What? What's my fault?" Jay asked, confusion laced his voice.

" Everything." Archie's voice was just as harsh and unforgiving as Atlanta's.

" Your the reason Cronus has won." Odie's voice came next.

" It's your fault that Theresa's gone." Atlanta's voice came again.

" It's your fault that the team is falling apart." Herry was the next to blame him.

" You were our leader and you let us down Jay." Neil was next.

" Yes Jay. It's your fault that your friends must now suffer. Your the reason that they all died." Cronus' voice was loud and booming.

" No. You haven't won. I'm sorry guys. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to-" Jay was cut off.

" You should've been a better leader. You should've saved us." Archie's voice came once more.

" I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Give me another chance. I can fix this." Jay pleaded with his friends.

" It's too late to fix things now Jay. You had your chance and you blew it." Odie's voice was now fading away.

" It's your fautl Jay." Atlanta's voice started to fade now too.

" No. No. Please forgive me." Jay said as his friends' voices faded away.

Then he saw her. Theresa. She was okay.

" Theresa!" Jay cried with joy.

He walked towards her but she gave him a look that made him stop dead in his tracks.

" It's your fault Jay. You let us all down, you let me down. You can't be forgiven." she spoke in a tone that was as cold as death itself. Then she turned and started to walk away.

" Theresa wait! I didn't mean to. Please forgive me. Theresa..." Jay continued to call to her.

He started to walk after her but something grabbed him by the shoulders and was shaking him. Then he heard his name.'

Slowly Jay opened his eyes. He saw many concered faces looking down at him.

" Jay!" they sighed as they saw that he was okay.

" Are you okay? We came in here and you were on the ground calling Theresa's name and asking for forgiveness." Archie asked.

" It was just a dream?" Jay's voice was hoarse and quiet.

" Huh?" everyone was confused.

" It's not too late. It's not my fault." Jay said with excitement.

" What are you talking about?" Atlanta asked him.

Jay told them about his dream and then the room fell silent.

" Jay Cronus hasn't taken over the world." Atlanta said.

" And even if he did we wouldn't blame you." Archie added.

" Yeah. And we would find a way to take him down." Odie added.

" Children I think you should come see this." Hera said form the doorway.

Archie helped Jay up and the six walked to the door. Hera led them to Hermes office where she showed them a horrible sight. They saw that Cronus was tearing apart the city.

" We have to stop him." Jay said as he stood up straight. He tried to walk but fell backwards.

" You have to rest. You can not fight Cronus while you are injured. It will be an impossilbe fight with only six of you." Hera said.

" Well I'm not just going to sit here and watch him hurt innocent people." Jay stated as he gathered his strength and headed for the portal.

" I'm with you Jay!" Archie said as he followed.

The others joined in and they stepped out into the afternoon sun. It blinded them for a moment until their eyes adjusted. Then they saw Cronus coming towards them. An evil grin spread across his ugly face.

" Jay. I'm so glad to see your awake to witness the destruction of your world." Cronus said as he stood before the six anger teens.

" Well you'll have to go through us first Cronus!" Jay retorted as he stood his ground.

" You?" Cronus laughed, " You were hardly a threat when there were seven of you. But now that I've dealt with Theresa there are only six of you. The prophesy is broken Jay. I win."

" Not if we have anything to say about it." Archie said.

The six ran to fight Cronus and save their world. But he ordered his giants to take of them. The heroes fought the giants and gained many bruises and wounds. But once they had defeated the giants then they went looking for Cronus. By now the sun was low in the sky. And much of New Olympia was in ruins. After hours of searching the heroes found him.

" Cronus!" Jay called with anger.

The god of time turned to see six tired, injured yet determined teens. He enjoyed their pain and suffering so much. He laughed at the sight of them trying to defeat him.

" You honestly believe that you can beat me. Come now Jay. We both know it's hopeless for you so why don't you just give up? Let me win." Cronus said.

" Over my dead body." Jay replied.

" That can be arranged." Cronus replied as he summoned his two scythes.

The heroes raced forward, weapons ready. Cronus stood there waiting for them. And in six swift movements the heroes were defeated. Cronus laughed and walked away. Leaving the teens in the dark streets of the new world.

The heroes used all of their strength to push themselves off the ground and drag themselves back to the school. Chiron immediatly tended to their wounds and they stayed at the school for the night. All but Jay fell asleep. He was too upset to sleep. He felt too guilty. ' I've let them all down. Cronus has won and it's all beacuse of me.' he thought as he walked the halls of the school.

Jay came to the exit and looked out at the ruins of the once beautiful town. He opened the doors and walked the streets back to the brownstone. He gathered a few things and left. ' It'll be better if I leave.' Jay thought as he reached the outskirts of town. He looked back at the town he once called home before turning his back on it. All of it. And leaving behind his home, his friends and his life.

He didn't leave a note or anything. He just left. He had failed and he didn't want to face his teammates, his friends. He had let them all down. He had let Cronus win. He couldn't stay there anymore. He had to leave... for good. It was what was best for everyone. Or so Jay believed.
~*~

Will Jay actually leave? Will he come back? Has Cronus really won? Is this the end? Read on to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked it. Sorry if there wasn't a whole lot of action in this chapter but I promise that there will be plenty to come. There will also be fluff in this story as I feel that no story is complete without it. Please R+R. Constructive critism is always welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story