Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Revenge of the Giant

Arrival

by Thiaf 1 review

Chap preview: "Did you sense that?" Artemis asked. She was outside of New Olympia, armed with her bow and a quiver full of her arrows her companions, Ares and Athena. "What?" Athena asked. "I...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-11 - Updated: 2006-10-11 - 1208 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer: I don't own Class of the Titans or the characters, I just own the plot of this story.

A/N: Just so I don't forget, I need to credit that I got the knowledge of the myth with Otus and his brother from Wikipedia. And, I personally like Atlanta having her bolas, I just like traditional weapons so that's why I'm using them in this story instead.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revenge of the Giant

Arrival

Hera left Persephone in her chambers to see the young heroes at the door.

"I thought I told you all to go home," Hera said.

"We know, but we were wondering if you think she'll be okay," Jay said.

Hera liked how they were worried about Persephone but was a little exhausting to keep telling them the same thing over and over again.

"She'll be alright once she's reunited with Hades."

"Who knew she'd miss someone like Hades," Neil commented.

Everyone ignored him and Hera spoke.

"But now you seven should go back home. You know it isn't safe here-"

In the middle of Hera speaking, Theresa had a vision. It was blurry, but she could make out the setting to be New Olympia. She saw a giant shadowy figure and the figure was fighting with smaller figures. She couldn't make out who they were, but in the background, she saw one person, laughing and she knew who it was. It was Cronus.

Theresa gasped.

"Theresa?" Atlanta noticed Theresa's shocked face first.

"I just had a vision," Theresa said. "I saw something big fighting smaller figures and I know it was here, and I saw Cronus in the background, laughing."

"Then that settles it, all of you must go home," Hera ordered.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The young heroes were in their city house and preparing to sleep. In the bathroom, Theresa and Jay were both brushing their teeth and Theresa was in deep worry. Jay could sense it and he knew what she was worried about. He rinsed his mouth and spoke.
"Don't worry," Jay reassured her. "They're immortal; they'll all be fine."

Theresa shook her head and rinsed her mouth.

"I know that, but I don't know what'll happen to them. Remember? That giant whatever is out there and he's got Cronus to help him get his revenge on Artemis and the rest. Even Hades is gone and Persephone's bawling her eyes out."

Jay nodded.

"You're right, but what do you think we should do then?" Jay asked.

"What else? We go to New Olympia."

Jay nodded.

"I'll get the guys and you get Atlanta."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In New Olympia...
Hera left to take care of the Underworld and most of the gods and goddesses were on patrol outside New Olympia. Inside New Olympia, Persephone was in her bed, alone, and still grieving over her husband Hades.

She heard her entrance to Hades in her Solarium open. Thinking that it would be Hades, she got out of bed and went into her Solarium to see who it was. It was Cronus! Behind him, were his giant minions, coming through and last, but certainly not least, was Otus. But not in his true form, his true form was over fifty feet tall. He looked like the size of other Cronus' minions.

Before Persephone could cry out for help, one of the giants covered her mouth with his hand and restrained her from moving.

"Long time no see, Persephone," Cronus said to her. "You seem to have been crying a lot over your husband. Don't worry, you'll be joining him soon in the jar, with some of the other gods."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The young heroes were in Herry's truck and Herry was driving them to New Olympia.
"We're here," Herry announced. All of them got out of the truck and headed to Olympia High.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Olympia...
"Did you sense that?" Artemis asked. She was outside of New Olympia, armed with her bow and a quiver full of her arrows her companions, Ares and Athena.

"What?" Athena asked.

"I sense Otus..."

"Where?" Ares asked.

"In new Olympia...," Artemis had no time to waste with telling Athena and Ares that she was sure if it was Otus and rushed into New Olympia.

She was in New Olympia and in the dark she listened for any footsteps. She withdrew a silver arrow from her quiver, ready to shoot it.

"Come out, come out, where ever you are," Artemis encouraged.

"I don't think you really want to fight us, dear Artemis," she recognized that voice.

"Cronus, where are you?" She tried seeing through the darkness, but it was useless. 'Nyx, why did you have to make night so dark?' But she could sense where Otus was and pulled her arrow on the bowstring.

"Do you really want to shoot him?" Cronus advised. "You might shoot a certain goddess of the underworld."

That distracted Artemis.

"What?" She wondered. That was where Otus had his chance and hit Artemis. She fell on the floor, and she shot back at Otus with her arrow. Otus simply laughed.

"You've gotten weak Artemis," Otus commented. "Don't you remember my prophecy? No god or mortal can defeat me."

"Artemis!" That came from two sides. One was from Ares and Athena and the other...it was the seven young heroes.

"Didn't Hera tell you to stay home?" Artemis demanded. One of them, Odie, had a flashlight and turned it on and directed the light to reveal their new enemy, Otus.

"Stay back," Artemis warned everyone.

"Just because you fooled me once long ago, doesn't mean that you can do it twice. I've been waiting for so long to get my revenge on you, and that'll be through your descendant."

"What're you talking about?" Artemis didn't have any descendants.

"Let's stop with this non-sense," Ares announced and charged at Otus with his spear.

"Ares, no!" Artemis tried to warn him, somehow remind him of the last time he faced Otus, where he was captured in a bronze jar for over a year. But since history has a tendency to repeat itself, Otus, with both hands, held Ares' spear and threw Ares across the room, hitting a pillar and knocking him unconscious.

Cronus laughed at the mighty god being overcome by Otus. That's the vision Theresa saw of Cronus laughing during a battle!

Athena needed a fighting chance, so Artemis took an arrow from her quiver and stabbed Otus' left ankle and pushed as deep as she could into his flesh. Otus felt the pain and went on his left knee. He turned to face Artemis and was about to hit her but Archie used his whip to distract Otus for Athena to jump on Otus' back and stab him with her makhaira there. Otus, out of rage grabbed Athena from his back and threw her away like Ares, also knocking her unconscious.

"Everyone, stop Otus and get the gods to safety," Jay ordered.

"All of you, attack!" Cronus ordered his giants.

The seven went and fought with the giants, while Otus was picking up the unconscious gods of war. Artemis watched it and cursed under her breath. She knew she had to attack him but had other plans on how to get him once and for all.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Nyx is the goddess of night.
Sign up to rate and review this story