Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

New World, Old Enemy

by story_master 3 reviews

Theresa runs into someone from her past. Someone who she doesn't like and someone who want her dead.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-11 - Updated: 2006-10-12 - 1260 words

3Exciting
Tory: I had some spare time after finishing a project so I decided to update. Enjoy.
Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans.
Tory: I really hate that thing. Oh well. On with chapter....


As Theresa raced down the dark streets thinking about what had to be done memories of her friends went through her head. She was heading back to the brownstone, well what was left of it, and she was going to find a way, anyway, to contact her friends. She once again entered the broken down dorm and once again a shiver washed over her.

She searched everywhere from the first floor to the roof. She searched every corner of the dorm hoping to find one thing that could help her. Then she came back to Jay's room. It was the last place she had to look. Theresa took a deep breath and entered. She searched through the papers that littered his floor and then his closet.

When she found absolutely nothing she slunk to the floor and leaned her head against the wall. As much as she wanted to cry she couldn't. She pushed the tears back and forced herself to stay strong. That's when something caught her eye. It was a small slip of paper under the desk in the hallway. Theresa reached over and picked it up. Then she scanned over it.

She read it over a few more times trying to make out the messy writing. Then Theresa remembered something. The back room. It was the only place that she had not checked. The slip of paper was from Odie's note pad. Theresa jumped up and raced down the worn stairs. As she neared the bottom on of the steps broke and sent her flying. She fell hard onto her hands and knees. Pain shot through her body but she didn't care at the moment. She only had one thing on her mind. Find her friends.

Theresa pushed herself off the ground and headed over to the hidden door that concealed the back room. There was some rubble in front of it but that was easily pushed aside. She slowly opened the door and looked inside. As she switched the light on she saw that the room was filled half way to the ceiling with papers. Theresa picked up one and looked over it.

" Yes!" she shouted as she found something that maybe just maybe could help her.

She picked up another paper and hope rose inside of her. She started going through the piles of paper, each sheet bringing her more and more hope. She didn't really know how long she had been at it or when she fell asleep. All she remembered was waking to the sound of birds and children.

Theresa looked around for a clock to see how late it was. Or early. When she found one that still worked it read 9:06 am. Theresa yawned and stretched before gathering up some papers and stuffing them in one of Odie's old laptop bags. Then she snuck out the back of the dorm and came around the side.

Theresa shaded her eyes from the morning sun which was unusually bright. Although not much seemed normal to her anymore. She walked past the playing children and the town's people. But she suddenly stopped as she saw someone that looked like... Neil? Theresa rubbed her eyes. She couldn't believe her eyes. But when she looked again the person was gone. ' Great now you going crazy Theresa.' she thought to herself.

" Theresa?" a voice called her name from nowhere.

" Huh? Who's there?" she called back.

Theresa looked around, searching for the person who called her name. It sounded so familiar. But when Theresa didn't find anyone her heart sunk. ' I was sure....' she began in her head before stopping when she remembered the task at hand.

She continued to walk down the streets until she came back to the ugly statue of Cronus. She walked up and looked at the inscription written below it.

" Obey your new ruler or be punished." Theresa read it aloud.

" Wow. Someone's a little self-obsessed." she said sarcastically.

Then all of a sudden the town's people looked incredibly scared. They all took off and hid. Theresa stood looking with a confused expression on her face. Then a large shadow was cast over her. She turned to face the person who stood behind her.

" Cronus." she muttered bitterly under her breath.

" Theresa. So good of you to come and pay your respects to the new ruler of the world. It's too bad your friends didn't think the same way. I can't have people who hate me living in this world now can I?" Cronus said, while two of his idiotic giants stood behind him.

" Where are they?" Theresa demanded.

" They're paying a visit to your ancestors." Cronus grinned.

" No." Theresa gasped and stepped back. Not wanting to believe him.

" Yes. When I tore down that house of yours they did seem to get out in time." the grin on Cronus' face grew even wider.

" I don't believe you! They're still alive! I know it!" Theresa yelled.

" Then where are they? If they were still alive don't you think they would've come looking for you? Or at least try and fight me at every opportunity they got?" Cronus asked as he circled the stunned red head.

" They're still alive!" she repeated, this time quieter.

" They're dead. I enjoyed the end of them. And now I'll enjoy your end as well." Cronus said as he summoned a scythe.

Theresa snapped out of her stunned state to dodge his attack, barely. She rolled to the side and got back up. Then she faced him, ready to fight. He ran at her with both of his scythes now. She did her best to avoid his attacks. But she did end up with a few cuts and scratches.

Cronus made one last big attempt to kill her. But once again she evaded the attack and this time she tripped him. Cronus fell into his giants and Theresa took this chance to get away. She ran hard and fast. Once again she pushed herself to continue. Not once did she look back or slow down until she was sure she was safe.

Theresa looked around at her surroundings and realized that she was no longer in the town. But at least she was away from Cronus. She stopped to take a break by a small pond. She slid down a tree trunk and gazed into the crystal clear water of the pond. Thoughts raced through her head.

' Are they really gone? Did Cronus really kill them all? How did all of this happen? When did all of this happen?' she sat there for a while, breathing heavily as she tried to regain her breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the middle of the town Cronus was yelling at his minions.

" Go after her you idiots! She can't find out the truth. Ever!" he yelled as is minions scrambled up and ran off after Theresa.

" If she finds out the truth it will wreck everything." Cronus muttered before disappearing into one of his portals.
~*~

Who was calling her name? Are the others really dead? Did Cronus really kill them? What truth doesn't he want Theresa to find out? Read on to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked it. Oooo more suspense. Who was the mysterious voice that was calling her? You'll just have to wait to find out. Please rate and reivew. Constructive critism is always welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story