Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sincerity's In, So Don't You Sound Like You Mean It

I've Seen Sinking Ships Go Down With More Grace Than You

by pixied_secrets 6 reviews

it's about to be a...what? Girl fight! (I'm sorry for quoting shitty music. but it is almost 4 in the morning. My brain isn't functioning correctly)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-15 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 2571 words

1Moving
Chapter Three- I've Seen Sinking Ships Go Down With More Grace Than You



"Alright, you need to follow me now," Patrick said with a smile, coming up behind me when I reached the living room and grabbing my arm. He smiled over to me and sat me on the couch in front of a medium-sized box that was beautifully decorated. Kay must have wrapped it I thought with a smile, and began to tear the paper off. I opened it to find a jewelry box inside. I cradled the present softly in my hands and read the inscription: "Happy Birthday, Belle" . I slowly opened it to find a ballerina dancing to "Swan Lake", and smiled up at him.

"Yea, you thought I forgot. I told you I would find an identical one," Patrick said as I stood up to hug him tightly. He was referring to the jewelry box that was my mothers, that I had lost during high school. It had meant a lot to me, being it was the only thing I had to remember her by...

Patrick rubbed my back soothingly when I lingered with the hug. "I'm glad you like it," He said as I pulled back. I reached up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I love it, Patrick. Thank you," I said with a smile on my face.

When I pulled back I introduced Christian to Patrick and we took a seat back on the couch. Patrick was interrogating him, and he seemed to be unnerved by it.

I looked past Patrick when I noticed a figure out of the corner of my eye. I stood on my toes to look around and immediately spotted a familiar face in the crowd, belonging to the one and only Jane. I glared my eyes at her and sat back on the couch. Patrick looked over his shoulder to follow my stare and when he caught sight of her he nudged Kay.

Janes almost black hair was short and styled in a punk-like spike, with her make up done heavily. She was wearing tight jeans with a rip strategically placed under the back pocket of them. Her shirt was black with red writing that read "You Wish...". I could think of more than one thing I wish I could do to her, all of them including a machete and/or cinder blocks.

The history I shared with Jane was very brief. She met me while we were doing "The Producers" about a year ago, and we started to hang out a lot. After about six months she started dating Pete, and steered clear of me. After they broke up she admitted to only befriending me to get closer to the guys..

Yet another reason I hated this business. We shared more than a hand full of arguments and insults. I saw through her and that made us enemies. She was fake, and every word that came out of her mouth was either a lie or a exaggeration.

This is gonna be a great night.

"Hey, everybody! Over here! Eyes over here!" Joe shouted; Andy and Dirty following right behind him, and everybody turned around and began to quiet down. The three of them were wearing very evil smiles.

"We decided that we have started a Stump family tradition, Andy, Dirty, and I," He bent over Patricks beloved stereo system in the living room and began fidgeting with it.

Andy cleared his throat. "It started earlier this year with Patrick. Um.. so, well, without further ado..."

I heard David Bowie's "Let's Dance" bounce from the speakers and I looked around the room, waiting for my surprise. My eyes scanned the room and I saw a very tall man, about 6 foot, with blonde hair and a pleather police officer uniform.

Everyone in the room burst out laughing and I covered my face with my hands. I looked over to Patrick and he looked scared for a minute before standing up and leaving the room, Christian quickly behind him.

When I looked in front of me the stripper was in front on me, wiggling around to the beat of the song. Behind him I saw Andy, Joe, Pete, and Dirty laughing their asses off.

I was so scared I couldn't move, and the stripper began peeling the layers of clothes off of his body in a very coordinated way. I remember Patrick telling me about how they got him a stripper for his birthday, and I'm pretty sure I was doing the same thing with this as my brother did: wishing I could disappear.

I took a deep breath when I felt him grab my hand and lead it in a trail down his chest. My eyes bulged out of my head and I'm sure I made the greatest "yuck" face in the world.

I looked up at the stripper and he smiled down at me as he brought my hand closer to his... um... thing...

I tried sitting back further into the couch, but every effort I made to get further away he came closer. His crotch was centimeters from my face. I'm going to die. I have to do something. But instead I just sat there, wide eyed and terrified. I tried to be polite, not to get nervous, and mostly not to cry. This was the most humiliating thing they've ever done to me, which says a lot about the situation because I actually lived with Joe, Andy, Patrick and Pete at one point in time.

When the song ended and the stripper made his final move, I stood up quickly and walked over to the guys.

When the opening lines to "It's Raining Men" started I shot Joe a very disturbed look and he laughed. Andy and Dirty walked over to the stripper and handed him money, and the stripper started packing up to go home.

"Okay, I understand it was a gift but you have ruined the beauty of David Bowie in my mind forever. I will always resent you for that," I said, trying to hold back my laughing.

"Yea, yea. I know," He said, hanging his head down as he laughed and walked away.

"Who's idea was that?"I asked Pete, and just as he was going to reply I heard the worst noise in the world.

"Hey Pete," Janes voice reached my ear and I openly winced.

"Who invited you?" He asked, tensing up his body.

"I just thought it would be nice to see you guys again," Jane said with a smile on her face.

He looked at her and shook his head. "Well, it's Belles party, and I'm sure she'd rather not see you,"

She looked over to me and raised her eyebrows.

"Um, yea. I'd rather be stuck in the pits of hell with bugs eating away at my flesh than be within a 20 mile radius of you," I said with a sarcastic smile.

"I came because I forgot to thank you for being so bad with relationships. Josh and I are doing great," She said with a sly smile. I knew exactly where she was going with this one.

"Yea, well, I hope you two die together," I said, trying to remain calm.

"You know he told me all about you and how you like to start things off hot and heavy but push him away at the finish line. You know, Belle, being a tease is worse than being a slut," She said, directly to me.

Pete looked over to me. "Just ignore her, Belle-" I cut him off and stepped closer to Jane.

"You're a fucking bitch, Jane. You don't even know what happened between Josh and I. He..." I trailed off, knowing she was trying to bait me. She also knew if she kept it up, I would bite.

She laughed. "He what? Oh yea, that's right. He left you for me," She spat. She looked over to me for a reaction and when she didn't receive it she kept going. "Oh, poor Belle, she's ruined every relationship she's ever had because she has a problem making it past second base. She's afraid to make a move without approval from her beloved Patrick. It's fucking pathetic," She retorted.

"Do you want me to start taking tips from you? The girl whose better known as the easiest lay in Chicago? You have no room to throw around words like 'pathetic'," I retorted. She moved her face until it was inches from mine, and her lips curled into a devilish smile.

"Do you want to mention character flaws, Belle? How about this: Patricks not even your real brother and you can't seem to do anything without him, or for yourself. You don't even drive because of some stupid phobia about your parents dying in a car accident-"

There was a half of a second between the time those words left her mouth and the time my palm connected with her cheek.

I opened my eyes slowly to look at her. Pete quickly grabbed her around her waist, but she fought free and came at me. I backed up quickly and when I fell to the floor, she was quickly on top of me, flailing her arms in my direction.

I felt one of her hands hit me directly in the mouth, and then I felt her body weight lift off of me.

I was lifted quickly off the floor, with an arm under my legs and one under my back. I took a deep breath.

I knew it was Pete.

"Get her the fuck out of here," Pete said through clenched teeth, obviously referring to Jane.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and relaxed.

He sat me down in the bathroom and I opened my eyes to connect them with his soft honey colored eyes. He backed up a little to examine me.

"At least you hit her once," He said, trying to make light of the situation. I smiled weakly.

"Where is she?" I asked, making a feeble attempt to get up.

Then the door flew open, almost hitting Pete.

"What in the hell happened? I turned my head for one minute, and you are laying on the ground," Patrick took a deep breath before continuing.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking deep breaths and moving closer to examine me.

I licked my lips and tasted the fresh blood. There was a rip in my jeans and my leg was throbbing.

"I'm fine. But I think she ruined Petes jeans," I said to Pete, he smiled weakly and examined the cut.

There was another knock on the door.

"Hey, we kicked everyone out," Andy announced proudly.

"Are you okay?" Joe asked, peeking around Andy. I gave him and encouraging smile. "Yea, I'm fine," I announced. That seemed to satisfy them and the shut the door.

"Hey, Joe said you wanted this," Christian said, walking timidly through the door and handing me a martini glass. I grabbed it from him with my free hand and Patrick quickly took it from me. "How about I make you a cup of coffee instead?" He suggested, dumping the cosmopolitan into the sink next to me. I shrugged my shoulders, not willing to fight about it, and he kissed my forehead and walked out.

Great. I'm stuck in here with Christian and Pete, while Pete was busy at the moment, rolling up my pants to get to the cut. The silence was deafening as Pete cleaned the wound with peroxide, and I inhaled sharply. Pete gently blew on it to ease the pain. "Is that better?"

"I think I can get the rest," Christian said, grabbing the bandage from Petes hand. Pete looked over at me and I nodded my head, so he left the room.

"I think I've been pretty understanding, don't you Belle?" Christian said with anger evident in his voice as he ripped open the band aid.

I sighed as he placed the band aid on my cut. I rolled my pants down and got up.

"I don't know why your so pissy tonight-"

"Well, lets count the reasons. One, you got a lap dance from some fucking stripper-"

"It was a birthday present. I didn't even enjoy it, and I couldn't help it. It wasn't my idea, trust me-"

"Yea, I'm a little pissed, but I can shrug that one off, even though he was awfully close to you. Two, you get into a fight with some chick," He raised his eyebrows at me.

"You have no idea what she said to me. You can't even almost be mad about that," I told him, raising my voice a little bit.

"Alright, I guess I can forget about that. But I caught you in your bedroom with another guy-"

"It was just Pete-"

"Pete fucking Wentz!" He screamed, causing me to jump a little. I quickly got my bearings back.

"He was giving me my birthday present!" I screamed back at him.

"You we're awfully fucking close, dontcha think! For fuck sake, Belle!"

"You are so fucking insecure! You can't be mad about-"

"Don't tell me what to be mad about! For fuck sake, Belle, you get mad when I go out with the guys. How would you feel if I pulled all of the shit you pull?" He was screaming, and I looked over to the door and saw the five familiar shadows glaring on the wall in the hallway. Pete, Patrick, Andy, Joe, and Kay were not sneaky.

"You don't have anything to say to that, do you?!" He screamed, pulling my thoughts away from the eavesdroppers in the hallway.

"Are you serious with this shit??"

"Call me when you are serious about this," He said, turning on his heel walking out the door, bumping into Joe.

I was up in a matter of seconds, running out into the hallway.

"Don't bother calling when you feel bad about this!" I shouted.

"Fuck you!" He screamed, before slamming the front door behind him.

"That kid is a psycho," Joe thought aloud.

"Yea, well. I know how to pick 'em," I said, following them into the living room. My head was pounding and all I really wanted to do was watch a movie or sleep.

Everyone was silent as I turned on the TV and got more comfortable. Patrick fell asleep quickly and I nudged him. "Hey, go to bed," I ordered, and he smiled weakly before kissing my forehead and making his way towards his room.

Andy took the spare room next to mine and Joe was sprawled out on the couch next to me. I saw Pete on the floor with his head in his hand. His head kept drooping, and I finally told him it was okay if he wanted to sleep in my room. He didn't question it, he just lazily stood up and made the familiar walk to my bedroom. I heard the door close and I looked to the left of me to see Kay sleeping in the fetal position on Patricks Lazy Boy. I thought I'd give her a couple of minutes of sleep before waking her up.

The night wasn't over. Not yet.




Authors Note: I just like notes. I'm so tired. it's almost 4 in the morning. I should be sleeping. Dammit.

Oh, please review so i know i'm doing something wrong/right.

Does that make any sense?/ /
Sign up to rate and review this story