Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

You Found Me

by story_master 11 reviews

Atlanta has never believed in love. She thought it was all made up. Yet everywhere she went she saw a couple in love. Although she didn't believe in it, a part of her still wanted to believe that l...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-20 - Updated: 2006-10-21 - 2905 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Tory: Okay I know that I should be updating 'Deja Vu' and ' Unwravelled Prophesy' but I got this idea for another one-shot song-fic. And as promised this one is about A/A. So here it is and I hope you enjoy. I guess you could kind of call it a sequel to ' A Bad Day' if you wanted. Only about a/a.

Disclaimer: I do not own Class of the Titans or ' You found me' by Kelly Clarkson.

Atlanta walked down the halls of the New Olympia High School looking at all the happy couples in love. 'Love.' she thought sadly 'That's what I want. To be in love.' She walked back to the brownstone on the cold february morning, two days before Valentine's day. Atlatna was never the person who believed in love at first sight, true love, or that everyone will eventually find someone who's perfect for them. She thought it was just a bunch of lies.

The crisp afternoon air nipped at her face as she neared the brownstone. She opened the door and was greeted by a wave of warmth. She took off her coat, gloves, hat and boots then headed upstairs. She didn't want to have to watch Jay and Theresa cuddle on the couch again.

Suddenly she found herself angry. At Jay and Theresa. ' Ugg! Why am I so angry at them? They didn't do anything.' she paused her thoughts for a moment before being consumed by another wave of rage, 'They fell in love, that's what they did! WHy does everyone have to fall in love?' She flopped herself onto her cushy bed and stared at her white ceiling.

Then her rage cooled and turned to sorrow. ' Why can't I fall in love? Why is it so hard for me?' she thought before being interupted by a knock at the door.

" Atlanta?" a familiar voice said through the wood.

" Yeah?" she replied, getting up and walking over to the door.

" I was.. uhhh... wondering if.... you wanted to uhh.... do something." he studdered, trying to find the right words.

" Sure." she replied as she opened the door. She saw a certain blushing, purple-haired boy standing there.

Archie stood there thinking for a minute before speaking again.

" You wanna go for a run to the park?" he asked.

" Yeah. Sure." she answered.

The two went downstairs, put on coats, hats, and boots. Archie pulled on some gloves as Atlanta closed the door behind them. She hadn't bothered to put on any gloves. They walked instead of ran. The cold was a little too much for running. They made it too the park pretty fast and went to a coffee store on the other side. They each got a hot chocolate and sat on a park bench.

By now Atlanta's hands were getting pretty cold but her mind was somewhere else. She was too busy thinking about love and watching more happy couples go by. They finished their hot chocolate off fast, enjoying the warmth it brought. Then they got up and started to walk around, not wanting to go home just yet.

Archie looked over at Atlanta. Her face was red with cold but he still thought that she was the mst beautiful person to grace the earth. Then Archie noticed that she wasn't wearing any gloves, and her hands were turning a dark red. He walked in front of her and stopped. She gave him a questioning look.

He didn't say anything. Archie just took her hands in his and rubbed them together. Even through his wool gloves he could feel the coldness of her hands. Then he brought them up to his mouth and blew on them. Trying to warm them. Atlanta just looked in awe. She couldn't believe that he was doing that. Then she felt something strange. She had felt it before, but now it was... stronger. HIs touch sent chills down her spine and filled her body with warmth.

Then Archie let go of her hands and wrapped his arms around her. Then she noticed that she was freezing and violently shaking. Again she felt that same strange feeling. ' What could it be?' she thought as she racked her mind for the answer. Although her body felt numb for the cold, she felt wram inside. And it was all because of his touch.

Is this a dream?
If it is
Please don't wake me from this high
I've become comfortably numb
Until you opened my eyes
To what it's like
When everything's all right
I can't believe...

Archie let go of her and they continued to walk. But he kept a protective arm around her shoulders. Atlanta suddenly felt like she was falling. Her vision began to blur as everything spun. Then it all faded to black. She vaguely heard Archie's calls of concern. He called her name until it slowly grew farther and farther away.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Atlanta woke up in a bed and tried to sit up but failed. Her head was spinning and she felt sick. As she layed helplessly on the pillow she examined the room. Everything was so... so ... white. Then she realized that she was in a hospital. Then she started to panic. 'What happened? Why am I here? Who's hurt?' Many thoughts swirled in her head. Then she heard the door click open. Her panic subsided when she him. Archie. For some unknown reason to her, she always felt so comfortable around him.

" Hey Atlanta. How are you feeling?" he asked softly, taking a seat beside her hospital bed.

" What happened?" she asked, her voice as hoarse and it faltered.

" You passed out in the park. The doc says you have mild hypothermia." Archie replied sullenly.

" Are the others..." she didn't finish her sentence.

" Uhh. No. I haven't told them yet. I thought I hsould see if you were alright first." he replied, giving her a weak smile.

There was a silence that blanketed the room briefly.

" You... uhh...had me... uhhh... pretty.....worried." he said shyly.

" You were worried about me?" Atlanta asked with surprise.

Again that feeling came back. She still didn't know what it was.

" Yeah. Of course I was. Your my best friend and... I l-." he stopped and his eyes darted away from hers.

" You what?" she asked, now curious.

" I... l-l-lo-," he paused and took a deep breath, " I.. love you." he said finally, still avoiding her eyes.

She sat in shock. Was that what she felt too? Love? Atlanta was speechless. Archie got up suddenly.

" Well, I.. uhhh. better go call the others." he said quickly before leaving her alone.

She sat there and thougth for a long time. ' Is that what I feel? Love? Do I lo..love Archie?' her thoughts once again swirled around her mind until she found her answer.

When Archie came back there was an awkward silence between them. They both avoided the others eyes. Atlanta's mind was still in a whirlwind. ' He's always been there for me. Through good or bad. Maybe I do love him? It's not impossible, is it?' She confirmed to herself how her heart felt and listened to what her mind was telling her to do.

You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me

" Archie," she started, " Your my best friend and..." he cut her off.

" Uhh. Just forget about it. Pretend I didn't say it." he said in a rush, thinking he knew what she was going to say.

" No. Archie. I never realized this before but... I... love you too." she said, blushing, as she looked at her bed sheets.

He looked at her intently for a minute, trying to decided whether she was serious or not. When eh decided that she wasn't lying he spoke.

" Really?" he asked, not quite believing it.

She nodded her head shyly. Then he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug. She hugged him back and smiled. She knew what she felt back there. It was love. She could fall in love. They seperated and Archie leaned towards her. Their lips got closer and closer. Then they kissed. Passion flooded through them. Neither of them wanted it to end. They didn't want to break this moment. But they knew it had to end.

When they finally broke apart they each had red cheeks and a smile on their face. Then the others came in. They swarmed Atlanta with hugs and questions. She took her time to answer every last one of them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next afternoon Atlanta had been released form the hospital. Her hypothermia had gone away and the doctors didn't know how. She did though. Love. It had cured her. Herry had gone to pick her up in his truck. They arrived at the brownstone a short while later and when the went in the others had a little party set up.

The seven of them celebrated Atlanta's recovery and partied until sundown. Then they settled down for a movie. It was a mushy love film picked out by Theresa. When it ended Atlanta said she was going to bed but she really went up to the roof. Archie had quietly and steathily followed her.

She was leaning against the railing when he came up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. Over the last day and a half their friendship, their bond had grown stronger. They both felt it. They stood on the roof looking out over the city. Archie leaned down and kissed her gently on the cheek. She beamed up and him.

So, here we are
That's pretty far
When you think of where we've been
No going back
I'm fading out
All that had faded me within
You're by my side
Now everything's fine
I can't believe

Then she asked a question that truely surprised him.

" Why me Archie?" she asked.

" What?" he was totally and completely confused byt his.

" Why me? Why did you fall in love with me?" she explained.

" Why? Because you're different, beautiful, smart, funny, the best friend I've ever had, a challenge, you've always been there for me, and you always know how to put a smile on my face, no matter how bad a mood I'm in." he replied.

There was a peaceful silence between them. Then it was Arhcie's turn to ask the question.

" Why me? Why did you fall in love with me?" he asked, looking down at her.

" Because You've always been there for me, through good times and bad, you make me feel safe, you're cute, you're funny, definitely a challenge, you're different, you always know how to make me laugh and you're my best friend too." she replied.

You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me

There was another silence between them. It seemed as if every moment they spent together was standing still. And neither of them wanted it to move faster. If anything, they wanted it to last longer.

" You wanna know somehitng?" Atlanta asked, breaking the silence once again.

" Sure. What?" Archie replied.

" A few days ago I didn't believe in love or anything like this. Then I realized how I felt about you and here we are." she said as she looked up at the stary sky.

" I never used to believe in love either. Until I met you." he said as the wind started to pick up.

The two started to get cold and decided to head inside. They closed the door to the roof, locking out the howling wind. They went to Atlanta's room where they said goodnight. She kissed him on the lips and disappeared into her room. He wandered to his romm and fell onto his bed. He was really tired. Then within seconds and without warning he fell into a very peaceful sleep.

Atlanta was laying on her bed staring up at her ceiling. She had gotten into her light blue pajamas and was thinking about the past two days. She had fallen in love. That kep repeating itself in her mind. She really didn't think that that was possible. But her she was in love.... with Archie. She smiled.

And I was hiding
'Til you came along
And showed me where I belong
You found me
When no on else was lookin'
How did you know?
How did you know?

She fell into a very peaceful sleep and woke surprisingly early the next morning, even for her. She got up and walked over to Archie's room. She opened the door a crack and peered inside . Then she saw him sprawled out on his bed, sleeping soundly. She opened the door silently and walked over to his bed. Then she gently shook him awake.

" Archie..." she whispered.

" Mmmmmm...." came his sleepy and muffled response.

" Archie..." she qhispered again, this time a little louder.

" Huh?" he said, still sleepy but waking a little.

" Hi!" she said cheerfully as he opened his eyes.

" Atlanta?" he asked, still trying to fully wake up.

" Yeah?" she asked.

" What time is it?" he asked, wondering why she was in his room.

" It's 7 o'clock." she replied.

" What!?" he asked, fully awake now.

Atlanta looked at him strangely.

" Why are you up so early?" he asked her.

" I missed you." she replied simply.

" But I'm only two rooms down from yours." he sadi, not understanding yet why she was there so early.

" So. I was lonely. And I'm the only one up." she replied.

" You're the only one up because it's 7 o'clock on a saturday." he replied.

" You wanna go for a run?" she asked.

" A run? At this time?" he was surprised.

" Yeah. Why not? Please." she pleaded with him and finally he had to give in.

" Okay. Fine." he replied as he sat up.

The two got on their running clothes, their winter clothes and headed out the door.

You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess you saw what nobody could see
You found me

They ran for hours before heading home, rosy cheeked and cold. They grabbed a seat on the couch when they had changed into dryer clothes. Archie and Atlanta were the only ones home at the moment. The others had gone out for breakfast and left them a note. Archie stole the remote which Atlanta had had. Then they started a wrestling match over it. They were laughing and joking around.

The others came back to see them still in the wrestling match but they all left it alone. They all knew better than to interfere when those two started to wrestle. Eventually the fight had come to an end and Archie had won. They started to watch a movie that was on, but they were too busy cracking jokes and talking to pay attention to it.

'This isn't so bad. Being in love. I never thought it would happen to me though and I didn't really want it to happen at all. But now that I've found Archie and he's found me, I can't imagine life without him.' she thought happily as they chatted about all kinds of things. Suddenly she had the urge to hugs and kiss him and she did just that. When she pulled away he looked at her oddly. Then she explained.

" What was that for?" he asked.

" You found me. Thanks." she said simply before getting up and going into the kitchen.

Archie sat here very confused yet very happy. He decided it was better to just leave his curiosity adn he went to join Atlanta in the kitchen.Those words, rang through his ears. It took him the longest time to figure out what she meant. From that day on Atlanta took back everything had she said about love. She really truely believed in it now. And she would forever.

You found me
When no one else was lookin'
You found me
How did you know just where I would be?
You broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody else could see
The good and the bad
And the things in between
You found me
You found me


The End
~*~

A/N: There you have it! I hope you enjoyed it. Wow that was long. Oh well. I don't exactly write 'short' stories or oneshots. But you probably could tell that from my other stories.:P Well please R&R. I really want your opinion on my stuff. Whether you liked it, hated it, what you liked/ didn't like, what I need to improve on... etc. Well I will update 'Unwravelled Prophesy' tomorrow, hopefully and then start working on ch. 6 for 'Deja Vu'. Thanks for reading my oneshot, songfic and please review.:D
Sign up to rate and review this story