Categories > Original > Drama > Desprately Seeking Eden

Desprately Seeking Eden

by LovelyDove 0 reviews

A promise. An adventure. A young boy sets out to find a place he can call home once and for all. A perfect place, his own Eden. Fantasy/Drama/Action/Romance

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-20 - Updated: 2006-10-21 - 563 words

0Unrated


Desperately Seeking Eden
chapter 1: Prolouge

Thud thud thud The sound of Levi's leather boots crashed and destroyed the deathly silence of the streets.
"Get back here you street maggot!" A man snarled, he was jogging right behind the young boy who looked no older than 10, maybe 11.
Pant pant thud thud.
His golden hair whipped around his pale face as Levi clenched shut his emerald eyes, clutching his ruby red treasure to his chest.
The vendor would never catch him now, the boy could tell that the old man was becoming winded very quickly as he lost speed, Levi went into the final sprint, his home was right around the corner.
"You'll never catch me ya old fart!" Levi laughed as he turned the bend and dissapered into the alleyway shadows.
"Damn you kid!" The man panted and pressed his hands to his knees, bending over and struggling for breath.
Somewhere in the distance, a dog barked.
****
"Levi! Oh, sweet Jesus! You're okay!" A girl wrapped her arms around Levi as soon as he entered the darkness of the alleyway, almost squeezing the breath from him.
"You shouldn't worry so much, Alaia." Levi squirmed his way out of her grasp, crossing his arms and looking away from Alaia, who was considerably taller than him, even when she crouched.
"I shouldn't worry? Levi! You leave at some ungodly hour of the night, without even a word and you don't come back for hours on end! Do you know how dangerous the streets are at this time? And another thing, I-" The girl glanced down at what Levi was clutching in his small fist.
"What is that?" She asked quietly, severely. Levi looked at Alaia and furrowed his brows together.
"Nonea your business, sis." He spat sarcastically. Alaia grabbed him by his shoulders and looked on the edge of striking him.
" Levi Parker Michael, you drop whatevers' in that clammy little hand of yours or, so help me God-"
plop.
The apple rolled out of the street child's hand and landed by Alaia's feet.
"You stole." She said picking up the apple and then tossing it onto the ground, hard.
"WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS STUPID DID YOU STEAL??" Levi was sure his sister was going to beat him now, it was stupid, and he could have gotten himself killed by that vendor, had he not been fast enough. But levi never had a whole lot of common sense. And even if he did, he probably wouldn't use it a whole lot of the time.
"But thats why I love you, Lev!"
"Do you know you could have been killed?!"
"You're going to be the death of me yet, boy,"
"What do you think I would have done then, huh? Answer me!"
I wish I could remember your face.
"I'm sorry." He choked out, his tone was more sarcastic than apologetic.
"Damn straight your sorry!" She sighed shaking her head
"Bed. Now." She pointed to the small rag-tag blanket in the corner of the Alley.
When Alaia thought Levi was asleep, she began to sob.
"I'll find a better life for you Lev. I promise. I promise." Salty tears streamed from her face as she choked and shook, clutching her jacket around her shoulders and really crying for the first time in many years.
Okay, what didja think? Like it? Hate it? Tell me!
Sign up to rate and review this story