Categories > TV > CSI > Nuptual Thoughs

Nuptual Thoughs

by Pixie_Child 0 reviews

Yeah, she's bitter. (Sara/Sofia)

Category: CSI - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Greg Sanders, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-23 - Updated: 2006-10-23 - 659 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pairing: Sara/Sofia (Greg/Nick)
Rating: PG
Timeline: 6.21 - Rashomama
A/N: I didn't intend for the m/m minor-ship. It wrote itself in.
A/N2: I swore I'd never write a fic that bitched about any policy on same-sex marriage. But like I said, it was just so there. Which is about as justifiable as 'her dress made me do it.'
A/N3: I also loved the line "I'm not anti-wedding. I'm just anti-stupid," but I couldn't fit it in anywhere.
A/N4: Dialog double-checked at http://crimelab.nl/
Beta: Insane Vampiress (http://www.fanficti on.net/u/293946/)
Disclaimer: Is Sara sleeping with Sofia on the show? No? I didn't think so. So, clearly, they aren't mine.


~~*


"Ah, tradition. Like becoming property exchanged between your father and your husband?"

She knew it sounded bitter the moment the words left her mouth. That didn't really surprise her. She is bitter about weddings and when she thinks about it, she has a right to be. If the current administration has anything to say about it, she'll never have one. At least, not a legal one, and isn't that the whole point? To get up and say "I love this person more than anyone else in the world and we are going to spend the rest of our lives together." Even if she could have a legitimate wedding with all the trims, Sara's positive she wouldn't want one. One day dedicated to ceremony and ridiculous tradition for a year or more of extensive frustration and planning with the risk of snapping and one of the soon-to-be-wed ending up dead doesn't really seem worth it.

Greg and Nick have some pretty funny impressions, considering both she and Sofia are sure they're in the same boat. And the glances they're shooting each other while they're talking about weddings all but confirms it. She tries to decide whether to tell them to get a room or thoroughly torture Nick, playing dumb and pretending to try and get him to tell her about a new 'girlfriend. ' Either would probably be mean, but they've put her in a mood and she feels like giving them a little reality check. Actually, she feels like coming right out and reminding them that there's a reason why they keep their relationship a secret, but that would be completely cruel and she really doesn't want to have to deal with the twin wounded-puppy looks that Greg's always been so good at and seems to have taught Nick. They always make her feel lower than scum and she's miserable enough as it is. Misery doesn't always love company, when the company can make it worse. Besides, she's already decided she's making Greg pay for breakfast and she can't do that if she makes him die of embarrassment. Sara's got no desire to go through a dead man's wallet, and they tend to frown on that down at PD.

Instead, she thinks over the idea of a wedding, one with all the frills, bows and tassels. Really not her thing, but she wouldn't have believed it was Sofia's either, because she's definitely not the girly type any more than Sara is, but apparently it's her dream to have one with all the things little girls are supposed to dream of, only instead of a prince charming, she wants Sara there. Sweet and romantic, but it's what she's always been against, especially since it wouldn't be recognized as legitimate by anyone outside the people there. But when Curtis loses the almost permanent cop profile and gets that sappy look, she has a hard time saying 'no' to her, let alone 'no way in hell.' Which means it just might happen, freaky as it is.

But before she spends any more time thinking about that, she's brought out of her thoughts to the here and now and her eyes drift over the parking lot just as Greg sees the same thing.

"Dude, where's your car?"
Sign up to rate and review this story