Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > catastrophic

catastrophic

by muddPiEE 0 reviews

YURA : because throwing that paper ball at him was a terrible, terrible mistake.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Sora, Yuffie - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-10-26 - Updated: 2006-10-26 - 647 words - Complete

2Moving
Yuffie's completely hopeless.

You should just see the way she looks at him. The way her already bright, round eyes all but sparkle, glisten and all that other good stuff whenever he's around. The way her practically permanent grin widens even more whenever he turns the corner. The way her laugh sounds so much more genuine and so much more happy whenever he's the one cracking jokes and not Hayner, even though the blonde is just as funny.

Oh, you should see the girl. She just gets so happy and so excited and her hopes are so high that she has no idea that everything will come crashing down on her at any moment. She's clueless. Unmistakably clueless.

You should see her when he walks into the classroom, the way her face instantly lights up faster than electricity. Hey, Sorizzle! she'd laugh, and he would plop down in the seat next to her and laugh along. What's up, Yuff-ster? You can see his face light up too, and you'd think aw, they're made for each other, but that's far from the truth. Sora's always like that with his friends, and The Great Ninja Yuffie was no exception.

You should see her when she's in class with him, the way she always saves him a seat by dumping her tote bag onto his desk, as always. They'd always sit next to each other, even if her last name starts with a 'K' and his starts with an 'A.' Screw alphabetical order/, he would talk back at Mrs. Bates, oceanic eyes twinkling with nerve and amusement. /Out of all the twenty-seven letters in the ABC's, L has to be next to K? Leonheart doesn't deserve to sit next to Kisaragi! and Yuffie would guffaw even louder than the entire class, because the look on Leon's face is priceless and there are only twenty-six letters in the alphabet, not twenty-seven. But Sora's completely oblivious. He always is.

You should see her when she's stuck in detention with him, only they're not always sitting next to each other. Instead, they're all the way across the room, tossing balls of paper back and forth because old Mr. Murphy is a blind bat. They try to keep their voices quiet though because to make up for his eyesight, the teacher has some excellent hearing, but it's pretty hard to stay quiet because Sora is making these constipated faces and Yuffie's practically snorting with her hands smacked down on her face. They're tearing out papers from their notebooks and /oh, goodbye science notes, looks like I won't be studying you anytime soon/, and Yuffie accidentally tears a page from the back of her binder that has her personal thoughts written on it. And oops, she hadn't noticed she just nailed him square between the eyes with that same piece of paper.

The same piece of paper that can soon ruin their friendship.

You should see her now, because now she's standing on her porch, and something's prickling at the back of her eyes but nothing is coming out because she can't possibly cry here. Not on her porch, when she's watching her best friend walk away, destructive paper abandoned on the dusty floor. I'm sorry, Yuff/, he had said, holding out the crumpled paper in his hand. /I just don't like you that way. You're my best friend. but Yuffie just stood there, wondering how the heck he was able to find that and wondering how she didn't notice it even gone in the first place. But now he's just walking away, and it seems so little and simple but somehow it hurts so much and she's still clueless. Unmistakably clueless. She just had gotten so happy and so excited and her hopes were so high and she had no idea that everything will come crashing down on her at any moment.

Until now.
Sign up to rate and review this story