Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Bitter Pill

She'll have you begging, please, please, please...stay.

by getup_n_go 4 reviews

Big news

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-10-27 - Updated: 2006-10-27 - 1280 words

0Unrated
Title- "Stay" - Ben Jelen

Corbin sat jiggling her left leg, her butt cold on the hard plastic seat. She was staring off into space, thinking about what she was going to experience soon. She never thought she would ever have to be sitting where she was right now. She got distracted from her thoughts by a little boy dumping a box of legos onto the floor. She sighed. He was so cute. She would never know if her child was going to be cute like him. If it would get an awesome singing voice like her and Patrick's; she would never if it was going to have her light brown hair and brown eyes or if it was going to score Patrick's red hair and pale blue eyes. She would never even know if they were having a boy or a girl. She looked down at her lap and felt tears forming down in her confused heart. She was having second thoughts...

Pete was sitting beside Corbin, always he support system, trying to fill out her paper work so it allowed Corbin time to collect her thoughts. But he was thoroughly distracted by the little boy sitting contently playing with legos. It had only just hit him...he wanted a child badly. He looked back down at the clipboard and decided he couldn't fill out anything more. He looked over at Corbin to see her sitting with her head down and her eyes closed. She almost looked like she was praying. Pete sat the clipboard down on the empty seat next to him and put his right arm around Corbin's shoulder. She lifted her head to look at him and he smiled at her encouragingly. She laid her head on his shoulder and started wishing Patrick was there. She wanted him to burst in and tell her not to do it, that he would do all he could to be there for their baby. Corbin blinked back her tears; she didn't want to show Pete that she wasn't sure if she wanted to do this anymore.

Corbin closed her eyes and tried to think happy thoughts until her name was called. She tried to think of fun times on tour and anything else good in her life, but the visual image that came to her only made her tears begin to fall. She saw Patrick, holding a baby in a rocking chair and singing to it softly. Looking at it like he finally found the missing piece to his life's puzzle. Corbin sat up straight and blinked at her tears, hastily wiping them from her eyes.

"You okay?" Pete asked her. Corbin shook her head and looked at him, letting him see the pain in her eyes. She didn't want to do this.

"Corbin Miller?" she heard suddenly. She tore her eyes away from Pete and looked at the nurse waiting patiently for her. She looked back at Pete quickly and he nodded, reaching out to hug her.

"I'll be here when you get out," he said as he watched her stand up. Corbin muttered a thank you and followed the nurse back behind the door...

******

Patrick sat quietly in his house, not paying attention to the game Joe and Andy were currently entangled with. Today was the day Corbin was having her abortion and Patrick had a weird, anxious feeling in his body. He didn't know what, but something was going to happen today that was going to be huge, he could just feel it. His phone rang suddenly and the caller ID read 'Pete'. Patrick sighed, he wasn't in the mood for Pete today.

"Hello?" he asked, deciding to answer it anyway.

"Patrick? Do you think you could come to my house...like now? It's kind of an emergency," Pete said. Patrick wasn't sure, but he thought he could hear crying in the background and assumed Corbin had gone through with it and was in some kind of distress over it.

"Yeah, I'm on my way," he said. He told Joe and Andy not to break anything and that he would be back soon. He arrived at Pete's house to find no one home besides Pete and Corbin and he walked up to Pete's room and knocked softly on the door. He was surprised when Corbin came over to it and let him in. Pete was no where in sight and it was making Patrick nervous. He took a seat on the computer chair and watched Corbin begin to pace, wearily.

"Patrick...I...shit. I didn't do it! I couldn't go through with it, I'm sorry! I know this is probably the last thing you want right now but I just could bring myself to do it. I want this, as weird as that sounds, but I want this baby," she said stopping in front of him when she was finished. Patrick didn't want to show it, but he was incredibly relieved to hear that she didn't have the abortion. He kind of wanted to know what a child of his was going to be like.

"What made you change your mind?" he asked her, seriously interested in her change of heart. She had seemed so adamant about it earlier. Corbin sat down on the bed in front of him, feeling slightly embarrassed at her thoughts.

"I closed my eyes for a minute while I was waiting and do you know what I saw? You. You and our baby. You were sitting there, just holding it and singing to it and I realized that I couldn't get rid of it. I want that from you and from Pete. I just...I want a family, I guess. I wish it didn't have to be under these kind of circumstances, but it is what it is. So, you're okay with this?" she asked him. He nodded.

"I'm definitely okay with this," he said and stood up to hug Corbin tightly. He knew that he and Corbin would never be together, he wasn't sure that they should, but he knew that they were both in this parenting thing together and that Pete was going to be there too. Corbin and Patrick sat and talked for a while about baby names and places to put a crib when Pete walked in and smiled. Pete wasn't going to be a dad, technically, but he and Corbin were going to try a relationship again and they were going to try and raise her baby together with Patrick.

Patrick stood up right when Pete walked in and told them he would talk to them later and left. Pete smiled and Corbin and walked up to her, kissing her gently on the lips. It felt so good to feel her again.

"Guess what?" he asked her. She shook her head, indicating she didn't know. "I just put an offer in on a house. So soon, you, me, Hemmingway and baby are going to have our own place to make messy," he finished. Corbin laughed and looked at the dog, napping peacefully spread out on Pete's bed. She leaned over and kissed Pete for a minute, fully amazed at the turn of events. For the first time in weeks, she finally felt okay again. She was back with Pete, the one and only guy in the world for her and they were starting a family. Granted it was Patrick's baby, but they had decided on working on a stronger friendship for the sake of their child.

"I love you, Peter," Corbin whispered to him. He smiled at her and drug her down on the bed with him, Corbin in little spoon position.

"I love you, too Core."
Sign up to rate and review this story