Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > I Remember

Walter Lake

by cassandra 3 reviews

Sorry it took so long to update. Me and my damn video games.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-31 - Updated: 2006-10-31 - 440 words

0Unrated
Julius walked back to his room, with Scarlett's words stuck in his head. 'Would you rather find out for sure or go your whole life without knowing?' Julius was so deep in his thoughts that he almost ran into Delilah. She had just come out of his room. Luckily she was paying attention and she stuck her arms out, to stop Julius from walking into herself.

"Watch were you're going, Julius."

Julius looked up at her and said, "Sorry."

"It's okay. So are you feeling any better." Julius didn't know what to say. Yes he wasn't actually sick, but he didn't know if really wanted to be with her right now. Since Julius didn't say anything, she went on, "I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk with me or something?"

"I don't know."

"I want to go for a walk, but I don't want to go alone. Please come with me."

Julius knew that he couldn't say no. Who could. "Okay, I'll go with you."

"Thank you. I was thinking we could go to that lake... what was it called... Walter Lake. Some name like that, you know the place I'm talking about, right?"

"Yeah I know. We haven't been there in ages."

"I know."

Walter Lake was a man made lake. It was clean enough to swim in and it had loads of trees and pathways around it. Delilah and Julius use to always go there together, when they were younger. They would usually ride their bikes around the lake and stop to have a picnic, but neither of them had been there in over three years.

They decided to take the car there, it was about a fifteen minute drive. Delilah drove. Neither of them spoke on the drive there. Julius looked outside of his window and tried to think of what he was going to do. Should he tell Delilah or not. 'If Delilah does like me back then why didn't she tell me. She should have no fear of rejection. I already told her that I love her.'

Julius had almost made up his mind, but Delilah started to hum, it was a familiar tune, but Julius couldn't place it. All his thoughts on what to do about Delilah were forgotten and he concentrated on what she was humming. It was on the tip of his tongue. Julius was about to ask her what it was, but she stopped humming and the car stopped. She got out of the car. Then Julius got out of the car and didn't bother too ask her what she was humming.

They had reached the lake.
Sign up to rate and review this story