Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Time to Dance

Chapter 1

by danceislife 0 reviews

How Anna meets Panic! at the Disco...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-31 - Updated: 2006-11-01 - 980 words

0Unrated
*A/N-There is a lot of set up. You can probably skip the first couple chapters if they are too long/boring for you. I was probably too detailed to appeal to a lot of people. Sorry! **

There it was written on my calendar: Buy "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" by Panic! at the Disco. I wasn't exactly sure who had written it, but I was pretty sure it was Mike. When I saw him the next day in our biology lab class, I confronted him on his little note.
"Because they are amazing" he stated as if it was common knowlede.

I had heard of them earlier in the week, but I was still wary of going and spending $13.98 on a CD I might not even like. I was a poor college student after all! It didn't help that some of Mike's previous music recommendations weren't exactly my style. When I got back to my dorm, I pulled up Google and did a search. After finding a sample of "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage," I decided it was worth the purchase. I just would skip a meal every day for the next week. I was trying to get my weight down again anyway. I took the bus to the nearest Walmart and after much searching, I found it stuck in the County Music section. I contemplated buying a candy bar, but thought better of it. Once back on campus in my dorm, I downloaded the album to my Ipod.

Glancing at the clock I realized that if I didn't leave in the next five minutes, I was going to be late for my pointe class. I brushed my hair back and worked it into a somewhat decent bun. Grabbing my dance bad, I began running towards the studio. Ten minutes later I reached the doors and hit the locker room. I changed into the traditional garb of pink tights and a black leotard and walked into the studio. Some of the other students were already beginning to stretch, and I decided to join them. I caught up on the latest talk and gossiped about who would get the solos in the spring recital. When the class began, things went as normal. An hour later with sore toes, I changed back into my street clothes and began the journey back, but slower this time. I found the album I had previously downloaded to my ipod and began laughing. I found the first track highly amusing, and skipping around on the CD, I found the beat enticing and the lyrics provoking.

Being the english nerd that I was, once at home I analyzed the lyrics and discovered my own meetings to the songs ranging from past relationships to my strained relationship with my alcoholic mother to the desire to be accepted. I listened to the CD for a few more times that week, and had anyone asked I would have numbered them among my favorite musical artist, between school, work, and dance I didn't exactly have time to listen to anything anymore.

However, a few months later, Panic! at the Disco seemed to be the phrase on everyone's lips! A video for "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" came out and seemed to be on MTV constantly. I loved the idea, and the circus people intrigued me. I wanted more. In March, one of my best friends, Brandi, knew I liked them, and got us tickets to an upcoming concert in July. I was more excited than a kid on Christmas. In the next few months, the video for "But It's Better If You Do" came out. As a dancer, I loved the caberet style dancers in the video. I had always dreamed of dancing for a theatre production, but perhaps I could become a dancer in a music video! I had the dance routine in about 15 minutes of studying the video. This sparked my interest in choreographing a routine to another one of their songs, "Lying Is The Most Fun..." Similar to the feel of "But It's Better If You Do," I was inspired by some of the choreography in Moulin Rouge and my routine even had a risque chair sequence. This made me more excited to see what they would have at the concert. There were rumors of some pretty exciting stuff.

When the day of the concert finally came, I decided I needed to buy something eye catching to wear. After a quick shopping trip I found a sparkly slate colored tank, tan capris that were easy to move in and some light-catching silver jewelry. Paired with my favorite pair of ballet flats, I was ready. Brandi and I ended up waiting in lines for about 2 to 3 hours. It was well worth it! We ended up about 10 feet from the stage. The opening bands were interesting to watch, mainly because I hadn't heard a whole lot from either. When Panic! finally came on, I was amazed! They had props, dancers and characters on stage while they were playing. I totally forgot about the crush I was harboring towards a certain lead singer, and spend the whole time watching the other people on the stage!

(The above is true until this part.)

When the concert ended, I was dying to find a way to be one of those dancers. I knew the dancers they had on stage were from a particular company, but I didn't care. I knew that with only 5 years under my belt I wasn't exactly qualified. But, with hope in my heart and determination on my face I set about my plan. On the car ride home, I decided to teach my routine to some other girls in my dance class and find someone to record us. I would send the video to every possible contact to Panic! at the Disco.
Sign up to rate and review this story