Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Control Myself

Sympathy for the Devil

by L-and-M 0 reviews

Sometimes, we suprise ourselves with our own power...a murder, a kidnapping, and a search-and-rescue they will never forget [not a romance fic]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-05 - Updated: 2006-11-05 - 991 words

0Unrated
Hello every one! We're brand new to this site, so please show us around! We hope you like this fic! Currently, it is completed and we will be posting it bit by bit, while we also have started on sequels! and L is also open to beta reading for other authors!

We don't own Naruto, but we do own all non-cannon characters, themes and places :)

_____________________________________________________________



I have told
All of my enemies
Very politely
To go home
I have seen
All of your remedies
Now won't you let me please
Go home?
---


A full moon hovered above the rooftops of the silent city. It was about 2 o'clock in the morning, when the world was at its quietest.

Against the moon, three figures crouched on rooftops were silhouetted against the soft glow. They faced a tall building the stood tall against the skyline; The Akaryuu head quarters.

Silently, the three shinobi advanced towards the headquarters, leaping from rooftop to rooftop. The group paused right outside of the building. They were level with the third story balcony. They looked up to the top floor. No doubt their target was on that floor.

The three shinobi exchanged eye contact, conferencing silently among themselves. The tallest shinobi in the middle pressed chakra into his heels and bounded up onto the balcony, being sure to be as quiet as possible when he landed. The shortest shinobi in a straw hat followed up onto the balcony right after the first had landed. The last shinobi, wearing a cloak, was the last up.

They immediately took of running down the wrap-around balcony, looking for a staircase to reach the upper floors. A katana on each of their backs clacked with each stride. Before they turned a corner, the tallest shinobi peered around the corner. Two guards with huge spears stood alert, looking straight out into the night sky.

The three comrades nodded at each other and rounded the corner. Immediately the guards saw them and smiles spread across their faces.

"Hm." The first guard said. "You're here. About time."

The cloaked shinobi drew the katana on his back and slashed the guard's head cleanly off. Their lifeless bodies fell to the floor in a bloody mess.

The three shinobi continued on, ascending the staircase up the fourth floor. As soon as they reached the landing, two more guards awaited them.

This time, the tallest shinobi stepped up and easily killed the two guards. They kept running, focusing on keeping quiet.

By the time they reached the top floor, a trail of dead guards was left behind the three shinobi.

There was only one room on the top floor. The shortest shinobi ignored the handle and slashed the paper door open. The sight that awaited them was unexpected.

A man of about 50 sat on a winged armchair in the center of the room. On either side of him many warriors, some of whom were shinobi, faced them bearing countless types of weapons.

The man in the chair smiled. "Hello. I've been expecting you." He glanced up at the three comrades and got a good look at each of them.

The tallest one stood on the far left. His yellow eyes were narrowed into a glare above the face and head covering he wore.

The shortest one stood in the middle. A pair of orange eyes peered at their target from above the coverings that hung from the straw hat.

The last one wore a long cloak, and just like his comrades, had a cloth draped across the bottom half of his face. His red eyes stared at the left side of the man's chest, as if deciding where to place his katana.

"I knwo there's no need for introductions," the man said. "But I'll say some anyways. I am Ayugai Kanryuu, head of the Akaryuu Yakuza group. And, if my sources are correct, you three are called the Shiken, right?"

The three shinobi didn't reply.

Kanryuu laughed. "For a name that means 'four blades,' don't you think it is awkward that there are only three people?" He looked all three of them in the eye one more time. "But, the bigger question is, which one is the Kamikaze, which one is the Ryuushi, and which one is the Kankawa?"

The Shiken didn't reply once again.

Kanryuu frowned. "You're irritating me." He called to the small army or warriors. "Dispose of them."

Kanryuu's guards charged at them like a hundred arrows. The Shiken stood back-to-back, preparing for the collision.

Sparks flew as swords, kunai, shuriken, and spear points clashed. Blood flew up in the air like a curtain. The Shiken slashed left and right, felling all enemies in their way. One by one, the three Shiken were killing Kanryuu's small, but proud army of guards.

Kanryuu was sweating, his mouth wide open in shock and fear. How? He screamed in his mind. I paid a king's fortune to hire every single one of those warriors! How can they be getting beat by just three shinobi?

The Shiken were soon done slashing through each and everyone of Kanryuu's guards.

Kanryuu backed against the far wall. "P-please!" he stuttered. "Don't kill me. I'll give you anything you want! Money! I'll give you as much a-as you want!"

The shinobi in the straw hat stepped forward. "Ayugai Kanryuu," the voice was slightly muffled from under the cloth coverings. It was a woman's voice. She reached into the fold of her dark haori and pulled out a slip of paper. The kanji for 'kaze ga fuite imasu' was written on it. She dropped the paper on the floor. "The wind is blowing."

Kanryuu choked on his breath. 'Kaze ga fuite imasu' was the famous 'calling card' of the Kamikaze. "The Kamikaze is a woman?"

The Kamikaze gripped her katana. With one swift motion, she cleanly sliced Kanryuu's head right off of his neck.

She turned and faced her comrades.

"Let's get out of here."
Sign up to rate and review this story