Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 60 The show must go on

by Reign_Madden 6 reviews

Please read.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-09 - Updated: 2006-11-09 - 2400 words

0Unrated
Officer Manning

I was exhausted this had been a very long night. I looked at the hotel lobby clock and it was 3.45am. I was desperate to get home my bed was calling out to me. I already sent the team to their homes, there was only one more thing to do and that was to tell the Reign what was happening.
'How you men doing?' I ask walking into the room 112 and immediately noticing that Reign was missing.
'We're tired but other then that we're surviving' Benji says
'Glad to hear it. I take it that's Reign in the shower' I say looking at the closed bathroom door.
'Yep' he answers
'Lets get down to business shall we. I received the doctor's report from the hospital. Andre or Adam as you know him is fine and he'll pull through...'
'Damn that's a shame.' Joel says interrupting me
'...We're not sure when we'll be able to get a statement from him, maybe in a day or two. As for Reign she'll get her medical results in the morning but I'm sure she'll be fine.'
'When can we take her home?' Gerard asks
'Whenever you want but I'd prefer it if you took her home tomorrow morning after her results come in.'
'So what happens next?' Billy questions
'We finish running our investigation and wait for Mr Dawson to make a statement of his own. We'll no doubt arrested him and after that we'll wait for the courts to decide.'
'And what about Reign? Will she have to go to court?' Joel asks
'Not necessarily the evidence you guys and Reign gave was a substantial amount, not only that but there are physical markings of abuse on her person, so we have enough evidence. But don't hold your breath she could be summoned to appear in court.' I explain looking at each of their tired faces.
'Sir we have a show to play tomorrow, do you think we'll be able to make that?' Ray asks
'I should think so, we have your statements and your contact details. I see no reason why you can't go. After all this whole process will take at least a few weeks to sort out.' I say getting up to leave
'Thank you officer' Ray says shaking my hand and walking me to the door.
'Oh one last thing there's a few photographers outside so I spoke to the hotel staff and the room next door is available for you.' I say remembering. 'Say goodnight to Reign for me'
'Will do' Frankie says
'I'll see some of you tomorrow then.' I say taking my leave.

Frankie's p.o.v

'We better call Brian, I think he needs to know about this' I say
'Oh God I forgot all about him' Bob says
'Maybe we can cancel our set?' Mikey suggests 'and catch up on the next stop.'
'We can't do that, think of the fans' Ray replies.
'And we can't take Reign to Boston with us' I say falling back balancing my self on my elbows.
'Why not?' Gerard says 'she needs us'
'What she needs is a stable home right now not a moving bus.' I say falling back onto the bed.
'So what do we do with her?' Mikey asks
'We can send Reign back to Jersey, Maria can look after her till the tours up.' I say propping myself up on my elbows.
'That's not a bad idea.' Gerard says
'We'll take her home if you want' Joel says quietly 'we can leave the tour and take Reign with us.'
'Where to?' Mikey asks
'Either to our place in LA or to Waldorf' Joel replies
'LA's too far besides it's only for what...9 days' Gerard says
'How do you know it's only for 9 days?' Benji asks
'Well the tour ends in nine days.' Mikey answers
'That doesn't mean anything. Reign might decide she wants to come home now.' Benji replies.
'Reign already has a home.' Gerard states
'I mean her real home in Waldorf' Benji retorts
'She has a real home in Jersey' Gerard shoots back 'with us.'
'Whatever Reign was with us first' Paul says immaturely
'Who gives a shit if you had her first, she belongs with us.' Bob says
'No way...' Benji and Joel say in unison.
'You lot are fucking ridiculous. Not long ago Reign was nearly raped and you morons are arguing about who had her first, What about what's best for her right now huh?' Billy says heatedly.
'Billy's right' Mikey sighs 'this is really stupid we shouldn't be fighting at all.'

Normal p.o.v

'What's going on out here?' you ask closing the bathroom door behind you.
'Nothing' they all say together.
'I didn't sound that way to me' you say hoarsely eyeing each of them suspiciously.
'It's nothing' Joel says 'really we were just arguing about who was going to sleep where.'
'Oh. So we're staying here tonight' you say perching yourself on the edge of the bed next to Frankie.
'Yes just till the morning then we're leaving for Boston.' Gerard says
'Of course! I forgot all about your show I hope we won't be late, we don't want to disappoint the fans' you say glancing at him.

Gerard's p.o.v

'Why are you smiling at me?' Reign asks me smiling back
'Nothing you just make me laugh sometimes.' I admit. She's been through hell tonight and she's worried about us being late to a show in Boston.
'Doll Face we were talking and we think it's probably best if you stay with Benji and Joel for the duration of the tour.' I say looking at the surprised expression on Benji's face.
'Stay where? Why can't I come with you?' She questions.
'We all feels it better if you have somewhere secure to stay, a tour bus is no place for you right now.' Ray says
'I'm okay really' she says sitting up straight.
'I know you feel like that now but in a few days when the shock has worn off who knows what you'll be feeling? It's better if you let Joel and Benji take care of you till we get back.' Frankie adds
'But Fran...'
'This isn't up for discussion Reign' Bob says cutting her off.
'You're going with them and that's final' I say more harshly then intended. She opens her mouth to argue but then changes her mind and looks down.
'Its for the best Doll Face' I say softly 'you need time to yourself and space and you won't get that if you finish the tour with us.'

Normal p.o.v

You knew they were right but you didn't want to go with out them. You looked over at Benji and then at Joel they both wore identical expressions that you couldn't read.
'So you're leaving tomorrow morning?' you ask breaking the silence.
'I was actually thinking that we may need to go back to the bus now' Ray says 'it will be easier if we left now while it's still dark.'
'Still dark?' you say
'Paparazzi Reign' he says
'Oh of course'
'I need to get back to Lisa' Paul says standing up 'she's been freaking out all night and texting me constantly.'
'Wait your not all going now are you?' you say starting to panic at the though of being left alone.
'We'll stay with you Reigny' Billy says pointing at Joel and Benji.
'There's no way I'm passing up a night on a proper bed' Joel says smiling.
'See you're in good hands' Ray says coming over and hugging you 'See you soon Reign' he says letting go.
'Bye Zero, be good' Frankie says hugging you.
'I'll try' you say letting a tear run freely down your cheek
'Later' Mikey says embracing you 'It's only for a couple of days'
'Bye Kid' Bob says hugging you quickly 'don't cry again...seriously I don't know how to do this'
'Move Bob' Gerard says wrapping you in his arms 'don't be sad Doll Face, we're on the other end of the phone.'
'I know but I don't want you to leave me' you say clinging to him.
'I'll call you tomorrow afternoon ok' I say kissing her forehead and letting her go.
'Bye' you say watching him leave.
'Take care of her or there'll be hell to pay' Bob warns Benji before closing the door.

Gerard's p.o.v

'You alright man' Mikey asks
'Maybe, I don't know' I reply truthfully.
'We're doing the right thing you know.' he says
'Are we? It feels like I'm abandoning her' I admit
'You're not abandoning her, your helping her it's better if she goes home with them.'
'I know that but what if she doesn't want to come back' I say.
'She will, Reign loves us and even if she does stay in Waldorf it doesn't mean we'll never see her again.'
'How am I supposed to watch over her if she's in Maryland? Then again that doesn't really matter does it? She was right under my nose and I still failed to protect her.' I say.
'Gerard this isn't your fault.' Mikey says stopping and turning to face me 'It's nobody's fault, Benji wasn't able to protect Reign either, Adam was determined to have her and I doubt any one of us would have been able to prevent this.'
'Argh! Your right I just feel so...I don't know...blehhh!' I reply
'Rigghht' Mikey says draping his arm across my shoulder. 'You obviously need sleep.'

Joel's p.o.v

'I can't wait to go to fall asleep on that big bed' Billy says coming through the connecting door that led from our room to Reign's room.
'Me too, I'm wiped out.' I say propping himself up on his elbows as I was lying flat on the bed.
'Reign we're going to sleep now.' I call out in the direction of bathroom where Reign was brushing her teeth.
She came out and wiped her mouth on the sleeve of the robe. 'Fine go to sleep see if I care' she jokes crawling beneath the covers.
I walk over and kiss her goodnight gently on bruised cheek 'See you in the morning.'

Normal p.o.v

Billy wished you good night from the connecting door and you threw him a smile. You looked over at Benji who was staring out the window at the dawn lit sky.
'Benj'
'Yeah Reign'
'Are you okay?'
'Yeah I'm grand' he says turning from the window. 'I'm going to go to bed I'm really tired.'
'Don't leave me' you say quietly
'I'm only next door' he says looking at the connecting door.
'That's not close enough, I need you next to me.' You say looking at him.
'Do you?' he questions.
'Yes I do' you say serching his eyes for a hint of what he was thinking.
'Then why did you push me away when I tried to hold you earlier?' he says sadly.
'Oh Benji I wanted you to hold me I really did. It's just I could smell him on me I could still feel him. I was scared that you'd hug me then realise that I smelt like him and you'd feel disgusted and push me away. I just felt so dirty and tainted. I couldn't let you hold me'
'I thought you didn't want me to touch you' he says
'No I do I want you to touch me...I ...what I mean is...' you trail off blushing furiously.
You look up at Benji and he's grinning at you. He leans in an kisses you so softly that you barely feel his lips at all. You watch mesmerised as he walks over to the connecting door closing it gently and bolting it. He switches the light off and walks back over to you. You can see the outline of his silhouette as he undresses himself, leaving only his boxers on.
'Move over' He says lifting the cover and sliding beneath it.
'Sorry' you say breathlessly as you shift awkwardly over to the other side of the mattress.

Benji's p.o.v

I turn so I can face her and snake my hand around her waist and rest it on her back pulling her closely to me.
'I'm sorry Reign' I apologise
'For what?' she asks
'For letting him take you, I saw him carry you off and I couldn't move...I really tried...I just couldn't.'
'Benji, that's not your fault,' she whispers caressing my arm.
'Isn't it? I'm supposed to protect you from things like this and people like him.' I say
'I don't think anyone would've been able to stop this, he was determined to have me.' she says sadly .
'I would have done anything to stop this you know that right.' I say brushing her face.
'I know you would've' she replies moving closer to me.
'Thank you for saving me' She says quietly, I could feel her warm breath on my lips.
'I had to, we all did' I say.
'I don't know what I'd done if you hadn't rescued me.' She says pushing me onto my back and resting her head on my chest.
'You're my hero' she says laughing lightly.
'And that's makes you my damsel in distress' I reply
'It appears so.'
'I do anything for you' I say stroking her hair
'I know' she replies touching the cut at the back of my head. 'And I'm so sorry you got hurt'
'Its nothing' I admit wincing slightly 'I would die for you Reign.'

Normal p.o.v

'What did you say?' you ask lifting you head off his chest.
'I said I'd die for you...and I'm not just saying it I mean it' he says supporting himself on his elbows so his face is inches from yours.
You lean in unable to resist and delicately kiss his lips feeling the butterflies in your stomach.
'What was that for?' he asks resting his head against yours.
'I didn't know what to say, so I figured actions speak louder then words.' You whisper touching his bruised cheek and kissing him again pushing your weight onto him so he slides down onto his back. You break the kiss and resume your position of resting your head on his chest.
'Goodnight Reign' he whispers in the darkness.
'Goodnight Benji' you sigh contentedly.
Sign up to rate and review this story