Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Let's Spend Tonight on Top of the World

And all the words were pushed out by echoed yells.

by radioactive 4 reviews

Stay with me?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-11 - Updated: 2006-11-11 - 892 words

0Unrated
Michelle, (the letter on my counter read)

I'm sorry I had to leave last night. Trust me, I stay with you until the end of time. My words balanace on a five hour relationship, but this is how I feel, and I haven't really been one to keep anything inside.

I hope to see you tonight...if I don't, I'll hunt you down. After you fell asleep I called my cell phone from your phone so I have your number (does that qualify for a stalker?).

I'll call you after practice around two.

-Pete


I picked up the letter and held it to my chest, still clad in my outfit from Generation Mod. I checked the phone and sighed. I'd slept in until noon. Pete would call in around two hours, so I had to be dressed and looking pretty by then, maybe.

The phone rang.

I skipped across the room carefully so the people on the floor under me wouldn't cuss me out (again), and clutched the phone, answering it on a rushed one syllable "Hello?"

"Michelle? It's William."

It wasn't who I wanted it to be, but it was close.

"Hey Will. What's up?"

"I was just calling to make sure you got home okay...I didn't see you leave but Pete was gone and you were gone, so I wanted to make sure you were okay. Di.."

I paused. "Did I..what?"

"Did Pete take you home last night?" he let out in about two seconds, letting out deep breaths across the line. I figured he was a phone stresser. Hater of phones, etc.

How do I answer this? I guess honesty can only hurt to tears. "Yes. Yes, he did. Why?"

A pause. "Did...you sleep with him?"

I laughed, then bit my lip. "No. He gave me a ride home. I walk, remember? I was really tired last night." Lie.

He laughed. "Sorry. I just wanted to make sure you were behaving...seeing as he's 21 and you're a minor and everything."

Breathlock.

"I'm okay, thanks for checking Will. Well, I gotta go, so I'll see you tonight, okay?"

We exchanged our goodbyes and hung up. I sank to the floor. Pete was 21? How had that slid past the introductions last night? I wasn't a prude, by any means, but I could get into serious stuff since I was a minor.

I picked myself up off the carpet and shuffled to the bathroom, peeling my uniform off and putting it into the laundry basket. I turned the water on an unearthly high and let the heat take me in until my skin turned red. Then I shut the water off and stepped out of the shower, shaking my wet hair out. Then I opened my eyes and screamed.

Pete stood in the open doorway to my bathroom that I'd failed to close, staring at me.

I lunged for a towel and wrapped it around myself. "Now, silly boy, how many times have I told you, you don't see a girl naked before you ask her out?" I mocked, putting on a mother voice.

His eyes looked frozen into his skull. I walked over to him and kissed him on the nose. "Are you okay?"

"Are you?" he asked, his voice shaking.

"Yeah. You, on the other hand, look like you could use a pick-me-up. Or some color, anyway. Now. I need to dry myself off and maybe get some clothes on, unless you want to skip to the next stage. Although I'd rather wait until tonight." I looked at him straight on and raised my eyebrows.

He looked at me. "I'd do that, but I'm with you on the PM." (I sighed and thanked the Lord internally.) He looked in the mirror behind me (when I realized he saw my butt too; there shall be no surprises) and laughed at himself. "Hey, you're right. I can't really wait until seven to get back to normal, though."

"What time is it?" I asked.

He checked his watch. "One forty-six. Why? Got a hot date?"

I laughed. "If it's you."

"I actually was going to ask if you wanted to go see a movie or something..."

The phone rang again. "Ah, hang on, sorry," I said, kissing him on the nose again and running to go get the phone, making sure I didn't have another towel incident.

It was Will. Again.

"Michelle? Is Pete there?"

He just loved to get into my social life, didn't he? "Yes," I said, exasperated, and Pete ran into the room after me. "Who is it?" he mouthed. "Will," I mouthed back, as Will replied, "Can you give him the phone really quick?"

"Sure thing." I handed the phone to Pete. "He wants to talk to you," I said with a wince and walked into the bathroom to dry off.

I paused occasionally to hear the conversation, but never heard Pete say a word. I stepped into my adjoining bedroom, getting dressed. I chose lowrise jeans, a black studded belt, and a regular black racerback tank top so my black bra straps showed against my pale skin. I gathered my still wet hair into a high ponytail as I heard go "Okay. Bye." and hang up. I fixed my makeup and walked out to where Pete was.

"Michelle?"

"Yes?"

"We're in a load of shit."
Sign up to rate and review this story