Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Serenade me with a coffee burn...

Chapter 011 - Life was complicated, and painful. Now its just complicated.

by imogen993 6 reviews

Life gets better? Maybe. Maybe not.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-12 - 1623 words

1Original
As we sat ourselves down in the courtroom, I looked around the red painted walls, and found myself staring the other way, to Daniel. He had a grin on his face, as if to say, 'you're mine, whether you like it or not.' It scared me. I didn't want to go with him, but something told me the court wasn't going to let me live with four complete strangers, even if they were famous. I mean, the only reason I became friends with them, was because Patrick was a klutz, and spilt coffee on me. And the fact that he scarred me for life certainly couldn't help the case. So let me re-phrase my last sentence; The court wouldn't let me live with four strangers that put me in hospital. Oh, now i'm depressed.

I was caught by Daniels peircing eyes again, and I couldn't help but give him the most evil look I could muster. It didn't work though - he just smirked and looked to the front once more. I sighed and looked at the four men that were just entering the court room. I smiled and them, and gave them a little wave. As they passed Daniel's table, Patrick gave him an evil glare, and I think Pete wanted to punch him there and then. Joe just ushered them both on, and they proceeded to my table.

"Hey." Patrick took a seat next to me, and Andy took the chair on the other side of me. Pete and Joe both sat on the other side of Patrick.
"Hi." I whispered back to him, just as the guy at the front motioned for us all to stand.
The Judge entered the room, and as he sat, we sat. Patrick held my hand, and gave it a comforting squeeze. I looked back, and saw Elisha sitting near the back. She still had her arm in a bandage, but she was here all the same. I looked back to the front, where Daniel's lawyer had already taken his stance at the front.
"Your honour. I am here to -"
"I know what we are here for Mr Burges. Please state the case."
"Erm, of course your honour." I almost laughed. Obviously the Judge had had a bad day.
"Mr Reed has applied for legal guardianship of his sister, and therefore has proper right until she is Eighteen. I do not understand any reason why the four men opposite me have any obligation to the child."
"Neither do I Mr Burges. However, they must have a reason. Shall they pursue their case?"
"Yes, they may." The other Lawyer sat down, and my Lawyer stood up.
"Your honour. Our case for legal guardianship is as follows; The four men wish to apply for guardianship of Miss Reed, however we do understand that only one may sign papers. I believe Mr Stump-" The lawyer turned to Patrick, and Patrick nodded.
"Mr Stump, has agreed to be main guardian."
"Noted. Continue with the case please Mr Baling."
"Yes, your honour. As stated, they wish to apply for guardianship, due to the fact that Miss Reed refuses to be under the care of her brother."
"And the reason for this is? Mr Baling?"
"Miss Reed claims that as a younger child, beggining at the age of 11, Mr Reed abused his sister and subjected her to various forms of mental and physical torture."
"How so? These claims are very serious, they affect the case greatly, Mr Baling." The judge looked honestly shocked at the latest claims. Daniel on the other hand, looked furious. He was peircing me with his eyes, and I squeezed Patrick's hand tighter. He gave me a sympathetic smile, and nodded his head slightly. This was going to be a long case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After nearly two hours of court time, the Judge had given the order for a 20 minute break. Well needed of course, Joe was jiggling in his seat, evidently he needed a wee. Andy looked ready to fall asleep, and Patrick and Pete were both on tenterhooks, and needed a breath of fresh air and a drink. Me incuded. It had been a long talk, all they seemed to do was ask me questions, then go over information already said, then ask me more questions, then Daniel's lawyer would dismiss my answers, then I would be back to square one. It was all going in one long, agonising circle.

"How you feeling?" Patrick was walking up to me with two cups of water in his hands. I gladly took one and sipped it carefully.
"Fine. I'm just, weirded out, you know?" He looked at me carefully.
"Yeah. I just hope the jury can see the truth, not beleive what that lying bastard is telling them."
"Uhumm." I sipped my water again, just as a barrister came out of the courtroom and called us in again. Patrick and the other guys went in first, while I put my cup in the trashcan. As I walked over to the door to the courtroom, Daniel cornered me.

"You know, once I get custody of you, you'll regret telling everybody about what I did."
I gulped, and looked him in the eye. "Daniel, the jury will see through your web of lies, then i'll be fucking free of you."
He laughed and let go of my arm. "We'll see."

"Izzie?" Pete stuck his head round the corner. Seeing Daniel cornering me, he let the rest of his body leave the doorframe and approached us. "Izzie... Are you ok?" He looked at Daniel the whole time of saying this.
"I'm-" Daniel looked at me again. "I'm fine. Lets go back in there."
I walked ahead and dragged Pete with me. Daniel following in with his Lawyer close on his tail.

"Iz did he say anything to you?" Pete looked concerned as we walked down the walkway down to our table at the front of the courtroom.
"Pete i'm fine. Really. Lets just, Get this over with." I looked back to where Daniel had taken his seat once more. I sat down, and immediately stood again as the Judge entered. Sitting again, I looked back at Daniel, but he had his gaze fixed on the Judge.

"You may now give your final statements to the Jury." The Judge looked expectantly at Daniel's lawyer.

"Thank you your honour. As we have heard, the statements given by Mr Reed today are totally concerned with Miss Reed's welfare. We understand that she has been under an immense amount of stress lately, and we understand that she is somewhat mentally unstable." I heard Patrick huff beside me, as the Lawyer carried on.

"She is oblivious to the fact that her brother is only trying to help, and it is also obvious that these allegations of abuse and rape are totally unjustified. We see that Miss Reed is obviously implying these, not because she doesn't want her brother, but because of the fact she is in denial about her parents passing." I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, and blinked.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this was a case of mere legal guardianship, but after the revelation that Miss Reed was making serious allegations, we brought you in to justify the fact that Mr Reed is in fact innocent of these acusals. Please make the right desision." The Lawyer sat, and looked over to mine. Mr Baling stood, and adressed the jury.

"People of the jury. I ask you one question; Why would Miss Reed make such an accusation? Surely she has a valid reason for not wanting to live with Mr Reed? That is the only reason. Someone who has lived with her all of her life, would not be pushed out of her life with a inncident such as this? No. Miss Reed would cling on to any family she had left, because Mr Reed is all she has. But she can't; because he abused her on countless occasions, and threatened to make her life hell. That is why she is scared of living with him; That is why she is scared of the aftermath of her parents death." Patrick smiled next to me, and squeezed my hand. I looked up at him, and he winked at me. The lawyer carried on.

"Mr Stump may have only known Miss Reed a few months, but that does not alter the fact that he has kindly offered a place to live, other than having to stay with the monster that we would call her brother. These men have given time and money to helping this young lady, and it is in just cause, that she be given the right to escape the clutches of the rapist that is sitting opposite me. Ladies and gentlemen, make the right choice; do not let Miss Reed be captured by him; Let him be captured by the law. Thankyou."

Mr Baling sat down again, and smiled at me. Okay. Maybe I liked lawyers, a little.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury. Have you reached a desision?" The judge raised his eyebrows and moved his eyes towards a brunette lady who had just risen out of her seat.
"Yes, your honour."
"Is this desision unanimous?" He looked at all the jury in general.
"Yes, your honour."
"The desision you make is final. Be aware that if you find Mr Reed the legal guardian, he will be sent on his way with Miss Reed under his care. If you find Mr Stump legal guardian, then Mr Reed will be charged will counts of GBH, ABH, and Rape. I will then decide a sentence for him. Is this understood?"
"Yes your honour."

"Procede. Do you find either Mr Stump, or Mr Reed legal, consentive guardian?"
Sign up to rate and review this story