Categories > Original > Horror > Carpe Noctem

Melikus

by Kellyconcarne 0 reviews

Gabriel comes face to face with a group of vampires who seem to have special plans for her

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2005-07-18 - Updated: 2005-07-18 - 1545 words

0Unrated
Carpe Noctem
A vampire tale
By: Kellyconcarne

Disclaimer: I own all of the following characters with the exceptions of Azreal who belongs to Mallory Hoffman, Kain who belongs to Byron Lemburg, and Lucas Falx who belongs to Tony Thigpen.

Chapter 2: Melikus

Several times Gabriel tried to pull free from the man's iron grip. That only made him grip tighter. She was still dazed from the loss of blood that the man had drained from her.

"Let me go, you monster!" she struggled desperately. He hissed and bared his fangs at her.

"Don't make me puncture your pretty neck again." He snarled and yanked her to the steps of the church. She thought about calling for help. As she opened her mouth to scream, the man clapped a hand over her mouth.

"Don't even think about it, girl. Resistance is futile. You know it. The more you cooperate, the more likely chance you have to live." He whispered into her ear. Then he opened the decrepit door and pulled her inside the church.

He started to pull her down the aisle of the church. Gabriel looked around, full of wonder and confusion. There were dimly lit candles in front of the stained glass windows. There were several people dressed all in black that perched themselves in the worn out pews. Many of the pews were gone or very torn up. As Gabriel was pulled past the people, some of them snickered, glaring at her with dark, cold eyes. Others whispered to one another and giggles and they gave Gabriel cruel glances.

"It's her.." She heard one girl whisper to another, pointing to Gabriel. The man dragged her up the steps to the altar. Most of the altar table had been burned, burnt marks were visible all over the table. The stranger creatures stopped on the right side of the altar. There was a trap door right next to the table. He pulled the door up and it opened up to a flight of stairs that seemed to lead to some passageway. He shoved Gabriel in front of him.

"Move.." He growled at her. Gabriel swallowed hard and began to walk down the stairs into the barely lit passageway. The steps swirled around until they stopped in a large room, more brightly lit than the passageway but dim nevertheless. There in the room were more people, all still clad in black. Most of them were huddled along the side walls of the room, staring at Gabriel with the same mocking cold stare.

There were about 8 people in the room, excluding Gabriel and her kidnapper. 2 people stood in the middle of the room. A man and a woman. The man had piercing dark eyes that seem to puncture through Gabriel's mind. His gaze sent chills up her spine. He had short raven black hair. His skin was very pale, looked sickly. Yet he seemed healthy and not sick at all. He wore black like everyone else. But he was the only one, who wore any gloves. He had a pair of black gloves on his hands. He seemed to have a dominating, dark, dangerous aura around him. It was obvious he was the leader.

The woman had auburn hair and emerald green eyes that seemed to glow with danger and strength. She was as pale as the man. She gave Gabriel a mocking, cruel, fierce stare which made Gabriel feel weak. The woman had a hand on the man's shoulder and she hung behind him as if he was giving her protection with his presence. She mockingly tormented Gabriel with her stare from behind him. The man smirked at Gabriel and stepped forward. Then he said to her kidnapper who now stood beside her,

"Ah, Reptilius.. I see you have brought the girl for me, excellent."

Reptilius bowed smiling a mischievous smile. Gabriel forcefully pulled her wrist from Reptilius' grasp. She glared angrily at the leader.

"Where am I? Who are you? Why am I here? Tell me right now!" She demanded boldly. The man chuckled. His voice was cool and haunting, like his eyes, it hinted danger as well.

"Well aren't we demanding? Don't worry...I won't hurt you...unless you disobey me..." He said, low and slightly threatening. He slowly started circling Gabriel like a hawk circles its prey. She never turned her back to him, she followed his movements with her eyes.

"What do you want with me? Tell me now!" She said, more forcefully.

"I've been watching you for a long time, Gabriel." He said coolly. She gasped when he said her name.

"How do you know my name?! Who are you?" She demanded, confusion rang in her voice. He chuckled again, sounding teasing and evil.

"I am Melikus. And this is Katri." He said, motioning to the auburn haired girl, who had stepped away from Melikus. "You are at an abandoned church just outside of Boston. I've had my eye on you for a while Gabriel and you have been chosen." Melikus kept circling
Gabriel as if taunting her in some sick way.

Gabriel looked back at him, puzzled.
"Chosen for what?"

"To be one of us... a creature of the night." He answered.

"A creature of the night?! What do you mean?" She asked.

"A vampire, my dear." When he said "vampire" everyone in the room smiled darkly. Katri chuckled.

"A vampire? You've chosen me to become a vampire?" Gabriel asked, still confused.

"Yes, you would make a great vampire. Your beauty and personality are well-suited for it." He was still slowly circling her, only closer.

"What are vampires?"

Melikus smiled to this.
"Creatures that only come out at night and drink blood from living creatures, mostly humans. They have super natural abilities, like super human strength and speed. Making them better than humans."

Gabriel was horrified.
"You drink blood from humans?! Who would want to become such a monster?"

Melikus raised an eyebrow as if intrigued by her answer.
"Monsters? No, we are not monsters. We are mysterious, beautiful creatures. Once you join us, you will agree with me."

Gabriel looked at him, not sure to believe him or not.
"Why should I join?"

Melikus stopped circling her. He chuckled softly and placed a gloved hand on her shoulder. Then softly, he crooned in her ear, slightly cruelly.
"Look at your life. You live with a couple that doesn't care if you live or die. Your parents are gone. All of your so-called friends are off, getting married to rich, snotty aristocrats and whores." He moved his head to her other ear and continued.

"Face it, girl, your life is pathetic. It has no meaning, it has no excitement. You hate it. I know in your heart you do. You want to change. You can't deny it, Gabriel."
He stepped away from her. Gabriel looked at him, still not quite convinced."And you think becoming a vampire will fix it?"

He stopped in front of her, his eyes driving into hers.
"Yes, think about it, immortality. Never face disease, never grow old, everyday there is a hunt from something more exciting. With us, you will be occupied and cared for. Here you can have a true family. Life would be one huge epic for you, full of fascination and pass that?" He asked. Gabriel paused, thinking to herself."It does sound promising..."

"I would not lie to you about this."

Then Gabriel asked curiously,
"What will happen if I don't join?"

Melikus smiled. He chuckled sinisterly. He rubbed a finger along her neck.
"Then...I will sink my fangs into your pretty little neck and drain every last drop of blood from you until you are a corpse."

Gabriel gasped and took a step back. She stared into his dark, cold eyes.
"You wouldn't.."

Melikus chuckled evilly and took a step towards her.
"Oh yes I would, my dear. I've fed on hundreds of beautiful girls like you. Though I would be disappointed, I still wouldn't have a problem killing you." He smiled sinisterly, showing off his pearly white fangs. Gabriel stared at them, then she looked up at his eyes.

"So, what do you say my dear? Join us and live a life of adventure. Refuse us and die like anyone else who crosses our path. The choice is yours." he said, his eyes now burning into her head.

Gabriel closed her eyes and swallowed hard. She knew she didn't have a choice. Join or die. Become a vampire or die. She drew in a breath. Then she opened her eyes and said,
"Fine...I'll join."

Melikus grinned, "Smart girl, I knew you would come around. The most painful part is over. Reptilius here already started the process."
Gabriel glanced at Reptilius then back to Melikus.

"What do you mean?"
He gently rubbed 2 gloved fingers along 2 tiny puncture marks on her throat."These marks are from Reptilius' bite."

Gabriel blinked,
"Oh, I see."

Melikus took her hand.
"Come, my dear, I will give you what you need in my chambers, alone."

He lead her to his room. The others grinned wildly. Melikus brought her into the room and closed the door. Then he turned and said, with a menacing look in his eye.
"Now you will become one of us."
Sign up to rate and review this story