Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Living In A Moment

Truth Revealed

by DBZVegeta 0 reviews

2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-14 - 1205 words

0Unrated
Fic title: Living In A Moment
Penname: DBZVegeta
Summary: 2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?
Pairing: Kagome/Inuyasha
Rating: R
# of Chapters: 4/6
Category: Angst/Romance
Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own Inuyasha.


Living In A Moment

~~~~~
Chapter 4 - Truth Revealed
~~~~~


It had been three months since the night of her birthday and still the dream replayed in her head every night. She had finally decided that it was time to take some action. Looking down, she straightened the visitor's pass that hung from her jacket pocket, before looking back up at the young uniformed soldier, sitting behind the desk in front of her, who was hanging up the phone.

"The General can see you now, Miss Higurashi." The young man said with a commiserating smile across his face, she just looked so anxious.

"Thank you." she said as she walked past him and opened the door to the office behind him.

"Kagome, it is wonderful to see you. To what do I owe the honor of this visit." General Sesshoumaru said as she entered, standing to stride across the office to take her hands in his.

"Sesshoumaru." she said as she looked up into his golden eyes, "I came here to talk about Inuyasha."

Sesshoumaru pulled back from her abruptly and turned, walking over to his office window and looking out over the courtyard. "What do you want to know?" he asked, his voice gruff.

"He's not dead, is he." she blurted out, knowing that she couldn't tap-dance around the subject with him.

He sighed, running his hand over his face before turning back around. Looking down at her before walking back over to his desk, he pulled out a large manila folder and held it out to her. Her hand trembled as she reached out and took the folder from him. Her knees shaking, she sat down in one of the chairs in t oft of his desk before opening the file. A sharp cry and the folder went sliding off her lap to spill onto the floor, her hands cradling her face. Racking sobs could be heard from behind her hands and he stepped quietly across the office to kneel by her side.

"Kagome. . .Kagome, look at me." his voice intruded upon her emotions. "I have done everything in my power to find him, but it has been hopeless. It has been almost two years and still nothing. You have to stop this and start living your life again."

"Thank you Sesshoumaru, for everything that you have done. I just can't let myself believe that he could be dead. Until the day they bring his body home, I will always believe that he is alive somewhere." she cried hoarsely, before standing up and looking defiantly into his eyes. Those eyes that reminded her so much of Inuyasha. "I must be going now. I have finals next week and should get back to study."

Turning she picked up her bag and prepared to leave the office, but was stopped by his hand on her shoulder.

"Kagome, if I find anything out, I will let you know immediately." he whispered softly behind her. Not turning, she nodded before opening the door and leaving quietly.

Sesshoumaru stood in his doorway watching as she followed a young soldier out and down the hallway. Sighing heavily he turned to see his secretary looking up at him amusedly, before he barked, "Get me Colonel Kouga on phone." and turned to go back into his office.

~~~~~

"Kagome? . . . Kagome? Hello, anyone home in there?" Sango called as she waved a hand in front of Kagome's distracted face. Blinking quickly, Kagome turned to look blearily up at her best friend, who has leaning on her desk.

"I'm sorry Sango, I must have fallen asleep. Has Miroku arrived yet?" Kagome asked as she ran her fingers through her already tousled hair.

"Yes, he has. You don't have to go out with us, if you don't want to." she said as she looked down into Kagome's face. Ever since she had returned from her trip to Washington DC, she had slowly been getting thinner and paler again. Whatever General Sesshoumaru had told her must not have been good. She and Miroku had convinced Kagome that she needed a break from the books and to get out away from the apartment. The only time she ever left the apartment now days was when she went to school. Sango had ended up doing all of the shopping for the household.

"No, I promised you, I would go. Can you give me a minute to freshen up?" Kagome said as she stood up from her desk. A sad smile gracing her lips as she shooed Sango out of her room. Closing the door gently, she turned to her closet and pulled out a pair of dark pants and a light colored blouse. Changing quickly, she stood in front of her vanity and ran a brush through her disheveled hair.

Sighing she looked at her reflection in the mirror, even with makeup there was no way she was going to cover up the dark patches under her eyes. 'Well, this is as good as it gets, she thought.

Turning to leave the room, her eye caught a small picture frame next to her bed. Unconsciously, she walked over and picked up the small picture, running her fingers lovingly over the face there. The pain was still in her heart, but she still held onto the hope that some day he'd return to her, that he wasn't really dead, only missing. With a soft smile, she pressed her fingers to her lips before touching his picture gently. Putting the picture back down next to her bed, she turned and walked out of her room to join Sango and Miroku.

"Are we ready to go, or are you two going to continue what you are doing?" Kagome giggled softly as she interrupted the two, who where locked in a passionate embrace on the couch. She laughed softly again the two jumped apart and looked up at her embarrassed. She could not help herself and burst out into a full hearty chuckle.

Sango and Miroku looked shocked for a few seconds, before joining her in the laughter. Kagome hadn't laughed in almost two years, and Sango was glad that she seemed to begin to live her life again.

"Yes, we are ready to go." Sango said as she wiped tears of laughter from her eyes and grinned happily at Kagome. Bouncing across the room she took the girl by her arms and pulled her towards the door. Arm and arm, they snagged Miroku on the way out.

Moments after the door had closed and they had left the building the phone rang in their apartment. The answering machine kicked in and a deep husky voice left his message.

'Kagome, this is Sesshoumaru. I just wanted to let you know that they have found him. He will be arriving next week at Andrews AFB in DC. Call me and I will get you there.'

~~~~~

~TBC~
Sign up to rate and review this story