Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Living In A Moment

The Lost Is Found

by DBZVegeta 0 reviews

2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-14 - 1521 words

0Unrated
Fic title: Living In A Moment
Penname: DBZVegeta
Summary: 2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?
Pairing: Kagome/Inuyasha
Rating: R
# of Chapters: 5/6
Category: Angst/Romance
Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own Inuyasha.


Living In A Moment


~~~~~
Chapter 5 - The Lost Is Found
~~~~~

"What do you mean that Sesshoumaru doesn't know if he is dead or alive!" yelled Sango, as Kagome hung up the phone. Kagome's face was a deathly white and her pale fingers shook, almost dropping the receiver onto the cradle. Sango, taking one look at the stunned girl, stopped her tirade and led her over to the couch. Miroku, who was still there hovering in the background, turned quickly and bolted into the kitchen.

As Sango gently rubbed Kagome's cold fingers, Miroku came tearing out of the kitchen, a small glass in his hand andlasklask in the other. Pouring a small amount into the glass, he held it to Kagome's lips coaxing her to drink.

Kagome sputtered as the liquid burned a path down her throat. Eyes watering from the burning, she blinked heavily up at the two in front of her.

"Thanks guys. I needed that." she said hoarsely.

"All right Kagome, why don't you tell us what Sesshoumaru said." Miroku said gently as he sat down next to the two girls on the couch.

"He said that a squad had found Inuyasha and was bringing him home. Sesshoumaru has had everyone going into battle to keep a lookout for his body, alive or dead. The message that was transmitted back was half garbled and the only part that came through was that they had found him." Kagome said quietly as tears streamed heavily down her face.

"When did he say that the plane was due to arrive?" Sango asked, her voice husky with emotion.

"It will arrive at Andrews AFB next Friday. Sesshoumaru told me to come to his office on Thursday so that he could get the necessary paperwork for me to meet the plane." Kagome's voice echoed tiredly in her head. She felt as if she had been hit by a train, her body aching all over.

"I'm sorry Sango, Miroku, but I am really tired." she whispered, as she tried tandtand, her legs giving out from under her. Miroku caught her as she fell and swept her up into his arms.

"Hold on Kagome, I will put you in bed." he said compassionately, tears pooling at the corners of his eyes.

"Thank you Miroku, I'll be all right." she whispered, as he carried her across the room and down the hall. Sango darted in front of them and into Kagome's room, where she pulled back the covers on her bed. Laying her down gently, Miroku reached for the covers and pulled them up about her shoulders.

"Get some sleep Kagome. We'll get all the arrangements made for us to be in DC by Thursday." he said as he bent over and kissed her gently on the forehead. She was already almost asleep before he and Sango made it to the door. Standing in the doorway, their arms wrapped about each other's waist, they looked hopeful at the sleeping young woman, praying that everything would turn out all right.

~~~~~

The next week passed in a blur of classes and arrangements. Miroku, true to his word, had arranged for the three of them to drive to DC on Wednesday. He had even gotten a hold of Sesshoumaru for help with lodging and passes for all of them into the Pentagon. He and Sango had discussed the situation after they had put Kagome to bed that night and decided that they would go with her for support. Just in case it was a coffin that came off the plane and not a live Inuyasha.

"Kagome, are you ready! Miroku is waiting in the car." yelled Sango from the front door of the apartment, he foot tapping nervously up and down.

"Sorry Sango, I almost forgot Inuyasha's picture." Kagome said as she hurried into the living room with a small bag in her hands. She smiled wanly at Sango's impatient actions. "Thank you for coming with me. You now that you both didn't have to do this."

Sango moved across the room to put her arms around Kagome's shoulder as she drew her toward the door. "You know that we wouldn't let you down in this, besides I want to meet this infamous Inuyasha that has you all tied up in knots." she giggled at the sour expression on Kagome's face before she pushed open the outer door and they stepped into the bright summer day.

"About time you two, I almost got a ticket for being double parked." shouted Miroku as he popped his head out the car window. "Let's go." An aggrieved expression flittering across his already aggravated face, Sango and Kagome both looked at each other before they both broke out into hysterical laughter. Clutching her stomach, Kagome wiped tears from her eyes. "Oh, Miroku you crack me up sometimes."

"At you service my lady, now would you both get your asses in the car so we can go." he grinned through his rough tone. They both continued to giggle as they slid into the car.

~~~~~

Kagome paced back and forth in the waiting room to Sesshoumaru's office. The young soldier, that had been there the last time, sitting behind the desk looked up and smiled warmly at her and turned to quirk an eyebrow at the two others, who were sitting quietly watching Kagome.

"Kagome, he should be here soon, please sit down. Your gonna wear a rut in the floor." Sango sighed in exasperation.

"He was supposed to be here an hour ago, what is keeping him." Kagome said as she whipped around to confront the soldier behind the desk.

"I am sorry ma'am, but the General is in a meeting with the Joint Chiefs and it seems to have run late. He knows that you are coming today and will be back as soon as the meeting is over." the young man reassured her.

"Ohhh, darn it." she whuffed heavily as she plopped down into her chair.

"Kagome, it's all right. I'm sure that he'll be here soon." Sango said as she reached over and took Kagome's hand. "In fact, look whose here now." she said as a tall man, with long silver hair strode quickly into the office.

"Kagome, I am sorry that I was late meeting you. Would you and your friends please join me?" Sesshoumaru said, as he ran a tired hand through his hair, before gesturing then to proceed him into his offi Tur Turning to the soldier at the desk, "Please have my car brought around."

"Yes, sir."

He turned and entered his office, closing the door behind him before walking over to his desk. Picking up a large folder, he turned to the trio in front of him. "I have your passes here to get onto Andrews. I have asked that Colonel Kouga met you at the front gate and escort you personally to the disembarkure area. The plane is suppose to land at 1430 hours tomorrow." he said as he handed the folder to Miroku, who was standing closest to him.

"Aren't you going to be there tomorrow, Sesshoumaru?" Kagome asked, a puzzled expression on her face.

"Yes, I will be there. But I have a meeting earlier that day on base and will have to meet you at the terminal. Never fear, my dear, I'll be there to find out." he said as he reached out and plucked his overcoat off of the rack behind his desk. "Come, it is past time that you get to your hotel and me off to home."

Leading them back out, he nodded to the young man behind the desk before striding out into the hallway. The group walked down the quiet hallways, each in their own thoughts. Soon they were out front, where another soldier snapped to attention and briskly saluted Sesshoumaru, before handing him the keys to the car parked at the curb. Saluting in return, he turned to look at the trio behind him.

"I will see you tomorrow afternoon then." he said, as he looked down at Kagome. Seeing the forlorn look on her face, he reached out and gently pulled her into his embrace. "Cheer up, dear. Tomorrow it will be all over and we will finally have our answers." Kissing her on the forehead, he looked meaningfully at her friends, who in return understood his silent message.

"Good night Sesshoumaru. We will see you tomorrow." Kagome said as she tried to smile up at him. He chucked her lightly under the chin, before climbing into his car and driving away.

"Come on ladies, let's get to the hotel and get a good night's rest." Miroku said as he slid his arms through both of theirs and pulled them off in the direction of their car.

~~~~~

~TBC~
Sign up to rate and review this story